Native Access

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What a pile of crap ! Never before have I seen a more buggy and unstable method of keeping products up to date !

I just tried to upgrade Kontakt to the latest version only to have this stupid NA crash every time, upon reinstalling it, seems to only want to update certain things.

It's probably well documented how bad it is, but I need to rant about it, as I don't have a pillow on hand to scream into.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Yep, its shite, as was the service center before it, and partly why i dont use any NI products.

There is no need for it at all, total bloat.

No good if you're not a Native.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Updated to 5.8 without issues over here...

Ditto. It was realy fast as well, I have had no issues with Access and find it realy useful.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Once you've it working right its fine IME, just wish it wouldn't keep the installers.
BTW, removing them will break it, similar to the way the OP describes.

I actually like it. Works fine for me and keeps things organized. :?

Hmm, it's been around for 18 months or so, gone though several revisions and still gives some users a whole load of problems.

Given that it is now core to NI's product management it really needs more attention and features.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I haven't had any issues with Native Access, but it's a shame that NI doesn't allow to download separate installers.
Last edited by Telematix on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

So they went to a WAVES type software manager? There is a reason I’m not using NI.

Steve1974 wrote:I haven't had any issues with Native Access, but it's a shame that NI doesn't allow to download separate installers.
There's a workaround now that you can pause downloads. I can only speak from Windows perspective. Start your download and pause it. Now go to C: drive and show hidden files, you will see a hidden folder with "ni" in its name. Inside it you will find a "metalink" file, open it in Notepad. At the end of it is the download link, which you copy and paste in your browser. Cancel download from NA, close NA, download via browser, mount ISO, install.

It still desperately needs a way to Add Library for NI's own stuff (as opposed to downloading), no way to do that at the moment AFAIK. Recently changed computers, and had to start with 5.6.6 to add all the NI stuff, then update to latest version. Nuts.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

pekbro wrote:Once you've it working right its fine IME, just wish it wouldn't keep the installers.
BTW, removing them will break it, similar to the way the OP describes.
Aw damn really ? This could be it. Is there a solution to that ? Can I download the installers manually ?

In my particular case, Native Access threw an error message yesterday night every time I tried to update to Kontakt v5.8.0, something in the lines of "the original installation can't be found blah blah blah". I could finish the update afterwards by using the standalone version of the installer (which was not easy to find, by the way, as some people have already pointed out in this thread). :roll:

In fairness to NI, I posted a support ticket earlier and the reply was to use their removal tool for the offending software and try installing then, and so far it's working, 1/3 plugins are installed properly.

Return to “Instruments”