Native Access

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just find managing the install directories a royal pain. I wish companies would not make assumptions about how you structure your VST folders.

generaldiomedes wrote:I just find managing the install directories a royal pain. I wish companies would not make assumptions about how you structure your VST folders.
Why? You can set - your plugin folder; your audio software folder, which hoards the plugin's application files; and your content folder, which hoards sample libraries and stuff. I don't find that very assumptive, rather exactly the way i use to set up the folders on my hard drive as well. I have my audio software in the Audio folder, my content in a Sample, or Content folder, and my plugins in a folder i name "VST".

^^^
But many developers also add a folder in "My Documents" for various other files (presets, skins etc) and put a folder of shortcuts into "All Programs" (on Windows).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

True. And in Native Access, you can even set up that location, without the installer just assuming you'd want those files in your Documents folder. :P

perpetual3 wrote:
rasmusklump wrote:Tho world gets crazier and crazier. It seems people don't mind when a software is so crappy that it insists of downloading 100s of GBs that are already on the harddisk through a w-lan connection....
What app is that?
Er, Native Access.

True as well. It's extra crazy in that of course this burdens NI themselves with vastly increased and usually completely unnecessary bandwidth. A modern take on pointless waste.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Native Access is irritating me lately because it has zero facility to remove/uninstall products. Sure, I can manually remove them somewhat easily in Mac OS, but Native Access lists them as broken, then, and there's no way to remove them from the list.

Specifically, I wanted to remove Blocks Wired, because it's a duplication of content when you have the full Reaktor 6 install. I can't find any plist file to edit to remove this Native Access item. I manually removed the content from the system but the reference to broken Blocks Wired persists. No help found on the forum either.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:but Native Access lists them as broken, then, and there's no way to remove them from the list.
There is, if you remove the product's XML file along with plist files. Search for "Reaktor Blocks Wired.xml" (I think it's called that, if not, just do a partial search for wired.xml instead) on your system drive and remove it.

(Agreed we should be able to easily uninstall from NA, though.)

An endless list of workarounds...

Well, to put things into perspective, you couldn't uninstall directly even via Service Center.

EvilDragon wrote:Well, to put things into perspective, you couldn't uninstall directly even via Service Center.
Or install, or register serial to get a code....nightmare software. Thank the lord for refund policies.

Yeah uninstalling NI plugins in Mac OS is a horror story. Installing them is so easy, but getting rid of them is so labour intensive. It’s like they purposely don’t want you to get rid of them like some malware.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Quite easy on Windows here, via the Apps & Features dialogue...

The main public difference between native access
and service center, is that native access
is still steaming...

AnX wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Well, to put things into perspective, you couldn't uninstall directly even via Service Center.
Or install, or register serial to get a code....nightmare software. Thank the lord for refund policies.
Well no, those things all work perfectly fine in SC. Methinks your computer is weird. :)

EvilDragon wrote:
AnX wrote:
Well no, those things all work perfectly fine in SC. Methinks your computer is weird. :)
Well no, install or update never worked worth a crap for me either. Authorization, works okay on both, but the rest was/is a nightmare. The only real difference between NA and SC is that NA demands you use it as the only way to get the software or a 'work-around' link is to do it through NA. At least with SC you could still log on to your account and download it directly.
SC was annoying.
NA is complete BS.

But hey, as long as it works for Mario, NI doesn't see a problem. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”