Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
ians
KVRist

116 posts since 26 Oct, 2004, from U.K.

Postby ians; Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:11 am Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

ians wrote:
ians wrote:
dune_rave wrote:Ok, back to the synth, this time really.
I've noticed that there are pops and clicks in many presets.
In bank "20 Oddiction 01", from preset number 35 upwards.

It's just my environment (win10 64bit, Reaper) or someone else also can reproduce this?

Icould create a support ticket at robpapen, but i wanna know if else has this problem too....

Yep. Here too. Steady distorted click. Surely not right

It actually fades away over time

In fact it's on loads fo presets
ians
KVRist

Postby ians; Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:17 am Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

I put a support ticket in
tonedef71
KVRian

809 posts since 20 Sep, 2007, from USA

Postby tonedef71; Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:19 am Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

Calm down lad, and download the free demo today.
[Intel Core i7 820QM | 32GB DDR3 | Waveform 8; Studio One 3 Pro; FLS 12.5; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Pizzicato | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]
dune_rave
KVRian

1096 posts since 22 Jun, 2006, from Hungary

Postby dune_rave; Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:02 am Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

ians wrote:
dune_rave wrote:Ok, back to the synth, this time really.
I've noticed that there are pops and clicks in many presets.
In bank "20 Oddiction 01", from preset number 35 upwards.

It's just my environment (win10 64bit, Reaper) or someone else also can reproduce this?

Icould create a support ticket at robpapen, but i wanna know if else has this problem too....

Yep. Here too. Steady distorted click. Surely not right

My problem was solved quickly :) My latency setting was 256 samples, but when I changed it to 512, the crackles disappeared.
Moreover, got a link to a fixed version, where I have no problem though I have the lower latency setting.
ians
KVRist

Postby ians; Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:09 am Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

Got a link to a new version as well. seems to have fixed even at 64 buffer size
dune_rave
KVRian

Postby dune_rave; Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:17 am Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

Niowiad
KVRist

120 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Postby Niowiad; Tue May 01, 2018 6:50 am Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

Kind of weird the mouse-wheel is still not implemented to control the interface of this last and more recent softsynth in the RP line.

I have (and absolutely love) Blue2, I'm waiting for it's successor and I hope the mouse-wheel gets implemented for faster and more efficient patch programming workflow.
dune_rave
KVRian

Postby dune_rave; Tue May 01, 2018 7:26 am Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

Then there are two RP synths PRISMA currently can't load:
Go2 and
Subboombass2
EnGee
KVRAF

4512 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Postby EnGee; Thu May 03, 2018 5:42 am Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

EnGee wrote:It sounds nicer to me than Predator 2. More like Dune 2 (the pluck like sounds especially). So if you have Dune 2, not sure if GO2 would add something!

It kept eating my mind, so I kept demoing it! It is really good so in the end I bought it :clown:

The main thing is it can do many kind of sounds and indeed its simplicity is a strength! Like Polysix or SH101 as VA. It sounds really good! Couldn't ignore it! :cry:
sacer
KVRist

359 posts since 8 Jan, 2012, from frankfurt, Germany

Postby sacer; Fri May 04, 2018 9:27 am Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

I also really like very much, sounds really great
BONES
GRRRRRRR!

6857 posts since 13 Jun, 2001, from Somewhere else, on principle

Postby BONES; Wed May 09, 2018 9:07 pm Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

EnGee wrote:
EnGee wrote:It sounds nicer to me than Predator 2. More like Dune 2 (the pluck like sounds especially). So if you have Dune 2, not sure if GO2 would add something!

It kept eating my mind, so I kept demoing it! It is really good so in the end I bought it :clown:
The main thing is it can do many kind of sounds and indeed its simplicity is a strength! Like Polysix or SH101 as VA. It sounds really good! Couldn't ignore it! :cry:

I was going to say that it beats DUNE 2 by having everything on the front panel. I don't mind making sounds from scratch in DUNE2, but trying to tweak a preset to get it do exactly what you need is such an ordeal that I almost never use it. OTOH, I can see myself using this a lot.
NOVAkILL 3.0 : Surface Pro 2 (Core i5, Win10), Zoom U24, Orion 64 bit, Maschine Mikro, Elektron Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket, Seaboard Rise 25
BONES
GRRRRRRR!

6857 posts since 13 Jun, 2001, from Somewhere else, on principle

Postby BONES; Wed May 09, 2018 10:07 pm Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

chk071 wrote:This synth doesn't do anything for me though. Filters sound bog standard 2007. Sorry to say, but, especially filters have come a long way in the last 10 years, and i really can't hear that here.

Yet all anyone wants is recreations of filters from 40 years ago. But with this, I don't see that the filters are as important as they'd be for a standard V/A. You get the character here through the oscillator so I see them more like an added extra, rather than an essential part of the sound design process. Sure, if I wanted something with a great, screaming resonance, I wouldn't use this but that's only about one instrument per song, which leaves this plenty of opportunity to do good work.

On another note, I'm a graphic artist by trade and I've made dozens of synths GUIs but I can't believe how much effort has been devoted to complaining about the GUI on this thing. Do I like teal? No. Do I give a flying fig what highlight colour they use on the GUI of a synth plugin? Hell, no! If that's people's biggest issue with this instrument, it must be one hell of a synth.
NOVAkILL 3.0 : Surface Pro 2 (Core i5, Win10), Zoom U24, Orion 64 bit, Maschine Mikro, Elektron Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket, Seaboard Rise 25
Aloysius
KVRAF

21608 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Wed May 09, 2018 11:28 pm Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

So, you're a professional graphic artist and you had no idea how important the look of things is to the customer. Then when it's pointed out to you how important is, you dismiss the customers idea of importance as silliness. This doesn't make a lot of sense. Why do you think people are employed as graphic artists?

BOSS: Have you finished that GUI BONES?
BONES: Yeah
BOSS: The customers are complaining.
BONES: Do I give a flying fig what highlight colour was used on the GUI of a synth plugin?
BOSS: You're fired.
Impeach 64. Keep 32-bit Plug-ins alive.
AnX
KVRAF

2684 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Wed May 09, 2018 11:33 pm Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

BONES wrote: If that's people's biggest issue with this instrument, it must be one hell of a synth.

Or ppl may look at it and think 'f**k that, i cant look at that for hours on end' and not bother trying it.

As it happens, you can change the colour, so its not a big problem.

For me, i already have these sounds covered, so no sale.
EnGee
KVRAF

4512 posts since 7 Oct, 2005

Postby EnGee; Thu May 10, 2018 1:48 am Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

BONES wrote:I was going to say that it beats DUNE 2 by having everything on the front panel. I don't mind making sounds from scratch in DUNE2, but trying to tweak a preset to get it do exactly what you need is such an ordeal that I almost never use it. OTOH, I can see myself using this a lot.

It has a very nice workflow with this one page design. The colour doesn't bother me anymore, although I still think it is a 'lazy' design a little bit, but it is functional and clear.

It can do surprisingly many kinds of sound! Although not sure it will be my only synth but definitely from the first 5 synths I would think of inserting! As with other good synths, it needs time to know its strengths and weaknesses. The presets are tricky as some pads are noisy while others are very clear and smooth and this also apply on other kind of sounds. My conclusion in the end, is depends a lot on how you program your presets as it is a capable synth and not a one-trick pony!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments