New Rob Papen synth : Go2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Go2

Sounds nice and it's a RP synth so the presets are fine, but I'm already covered in VA synths.. RP Blade is still my favourite, although it seems very much underated around this place :love:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

I heard back from their support, and there isn't a way to load your own waveforms.

It would be a nice addition if they could add that feature at some point. :)

Distorted Horizon wrote:Doesn't seem interesting really.
For the most part...not very interesting at all.Nice GUI layout and color scheme & for a single OSC synth,it's not too bad...but how is it better to pay $50 for Go2...when you can just spend $4.00 on an issue of Computer Magazine and get something like ZebraCM,ThornCM or SynthmasterCM?
Actually...in my opinion,there is a lot of freeware that is more fun to tinker with,like Zebralette,Podolski,Helm or any of TubeOhm's freebies.
Holy sh*t man....for $50....you could have BeatStreet's Sunrizer synth...which makes Go2 an utter rip-off!

Where can I get CM for $4? It costs $30 (US$22) where I live and most of the freeware stuff on it is of little or no use to me. And I don't buy synths to "tinker with", I buy them to use in our music. They are a means to an end, nothing more.

That said, I find Go2 really frustrating. It makes a lot of really good sounds on it's own but when I put it into a mix it never seems to work and I end up replacing it with something else. It works well enough when I am searching for something to build a new song around, it can be quite inspiring, but ultimately it ends up being replaced before a song is finished. I'm not annoyed that I spent $49 on it, just a little disappointed that it's not as good as it feels like it could be.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:Where can I get CM for $4? It costs $30 (US$22) where I live and most of the freeware stuff on it is of little or no use to me. And I don't buy synths to "tinker with", I buy them to use in our music. They are a means to an end, nothing more.
Here is the July issue that has ThornCM which is really fantastic. Check also Bazille CM and Aalto CM ;)
https://www.zinio.com/gb/computer-music ... 18-i397439

The new one is this, but I don't know what's new:
https://www.zinio.com/gb/computer-music-m3730

For anyone interested, Go2 runs fine in Linux (Linux Mint 18 KDE) using wine-staging and linvst, in Bitwig.

BONES wrote:Where can I get CM for $4? It costs $30 (US$22) where I live and most of the freeware stuff on it is of little or no use to me. And I don't buy synths to "tinker with", I buy them to use in our music. They are a means to an end, nothing more.

That said, I find Go2 really frustrating. It makes a lot of really good sounds on it's own but when I put it into a mix it never seems to work and I end up replacing it with something else. It works well enough when I am searching for something to build a new song around, it can be quite inspiring, but ultimately it ends up being replaced before a song is finished. I'm not annoyed that I spent $49 on it, just a little disappointed that it's not as good as it feels like it could be.
https://pocketmags.com/us/computer-music-magazine

Well...some people(beyond performing in a band)...like sound design and creating modified presets.Although I gave up performing in bands,I've been composing and recording music on PC's for about 11 years.
I didn't mean to imply that Go2 is only good for tinkering with.However though...I had downloaded the demo and most of the presets are soundscapes,FX,fifths and dub-step noisy sh*t.That said,I'm suprised you bought it in the first place(as there doesn't seem to be much there for band music.)Wasn't quite musical enough for me and though I am sure you could get some somewhat decent sounds from it if you design your own in Go2,it's just not my go to synth.
So many better options out there....

Nielzie wrote:Sounds nice and it's a RP synth so the presets are fine, but I'm already covered in VA synths.. RP Blade is still my favourite, although it seems very much underated around this place :love:
If you love Blade which i did preset design for you may like my 3rd party preset pack for it
https://www.voltagedisciple.com/blade.html
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

Blade just sounds like a bazillion other synths and the demos are very 1990s sounding to me. Mind you, if I'd listened to the Go2 demos on RP's site, I probably wouldn't have been interested in it, either.
EnGee wrote:Here is the July issue that has ThornCM which is really fantastic. Check also Bazille CM and Aalto CM ;)
https://www.zinio.com/gb/computer-music ... 18-i397439
Dammit! One of those issues has Vacuum Pro for free, which means I could have had it for $9, not $99.
It would never in a million years have occurred to me to look for CM on Zinio. Even if I had thought of it, I wouldn't have expected to get all the software with it. That kind of stuff is so far off my radar it's just not funny. Interestingly, both Zinio and PocketMags still have Windows phone apps, which is handy.

I did buy an issue recently and it had ThornCM on it but it didn't do anything at all for me. Ditto for Bazille CM. I don't think I ended up installing anything off the DVD, in fact.
AlesisVi61 wrote:Well...some people(beyond performing in a band)...like sound design and creating modified presets.Although I gave up performing in bands,I've been composing and recording music on PC's for about 11 years.
I didn't mean to imply that Go2 is only good for tinkering with.However though...I had downloaded the demo and most of the presets are soundscapes,FX,fifths and dub-step noisy sh*t.
What you call "Dubstep noisy shit" is grist to the mill for any EBM artist. I also don't see the difference in the requirements between performing songs in a band and simply composing and recording them, which is something we have to do so we can play live (can't play if you don't have any songs).
That said,I'm suprised you bought it in the first place(as there doesn't seem to be much there for band music.)Wasn't quite musical enough for me and though I am sure you could get some somewhat decent sounds from it if you design your own in Go2,it's just not my go to synth.
So many better options out there....
Yeah, I don't find that at all. There are enough but so much of what's out there is rubbish to me and the more popular it is on places like this, the less likely I am to find it useful at all. Go2 offers something a little bit different from the other stuff we have, so I'm happy to have it in my arsenal.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Dammit! One of those issues has Vacuum Pro for free, which means I could have had it for $9, not $99.
That's strange as they are selling the Air instruments for scraps.
At one time you could get Hybrid 3 for 1 euro and the upgrades from one instrument to the whole suite are also very cheap. Currently at 68 euro and I am pretty sure they sold it cheaper earlier.
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... E-UPGRADE-

Loom is also an interesting synth.

Just keep an eye on the sales at pluginboutique.

That's exactly what I've been doing and they are discounting Hybrid and the non-Pro Vacuum all the time but they seemed to stop doing it for V Pro after Xmas. That upgrade is for an expansion pack and you have to have already paid for the old one. Not that I care any more because I bought it a couple of weeks ago. It's my new second favourite softsynth (nothing beats Wasp) and worth every penny I paid for it.

The upgrade is also valid if you already own just one Air instrument.

But it's still the same price I paid for Vac Pro and I honestly don't need the clutter. More is not better.

Stefken wrote:
BONES wrote: Dammit! One of those issues has Vacuum Pro for free, which means I could have had it for $9, not $99.
That's strange as they are selling the Air instruments for scraps.
At one time you could get Hybrid 3 for 1 euro and the upgrades from one instrument to the whole suite are also very cheap. Currently at 68 euro and I am pretty sure they sold it cheaper earlier.
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... E-UPGRADE-

Loom is also an interesting synth.

Just keep an eye on the sales at pluginboutique.

Vacuum Pro is $1 on Plugin Boutique at the moment.

Yeah, and at Producer Spot. If only I'd waited another couple of weeks. Still, it's fast becoming my favourite soft-synth so even the $99 I paid feels like a bargain to me.

Return to “Instruments”