Quanta - A new granular synth from Audio Damage (Now available)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Quanta 2

aMUSEd wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I'm just going to have to transfer it all into Komplete Kontrol so I can get proper preset management
OK first step is complete, I've created a NKS version (inc NKS integration files and thumbnails) - made 2 templates one with MPE support (since it seems to be savable per preset).

All files in the NKS User Library (in my sig)

However tbh I'm not 100% sure MPE is working properly in Komplete Kontrol, I was originally going to make MPE versions of all patches but need t test it further, eg pitch bend override doesn't seem to be doing anything for me in KK. Might be something it doesn't support yet.
Uploaded all the factory sounds converted to NKS, not the artists presets yet - had to prioritise this really because the built in preset management is so terrible. In the NKS User Lib

This is how it looks now:

Added nksf patches for the first of the Artist series banks by Chris Carter

Also AD please get Joseph Fraioli to make more patches for his (far too small at the moment) bank - some of them are amazing, particularly love 'Skate' and 'Hydro Quanta'.

aMUSEd wrote:Added nksf patches for the first of the Artist series banks by Chris Carter
All uploaded now :)

Quanta is currently on sale at Plugin Boutique. 25% off

Do I need Quanta when having PadshopPro already?
Don‘t think so or am I wrong?

martinjuenke wrote:Do I need Quanta when having PadshopPro already?
I couldn't say, but you could always try the demo (unusually for AD) before deciding :)

martinjuenke wrote:Do I need Quanta when having PadshopPro already?
It's quite different, I thought so at first but Quanta feels more immediate and not having FX is interesting as the focus is more on the grains/sample.

how many presets has the full version ?

Anyone used it in Bitwig? I have this problem that when I close the plugin, work with some other track and then go back to it the GUI "blows up" so that I can only see part of it.

Also, the fact that there are no arrows to go through presets is silly.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Agree on the arrows. The other thing is probably a bitwig problem. I had something similar with resizable plugins in general in bidule. Plogue say they've fixed it in the latest version of bidule, though. So I think it is a host issue. Be sure to contact both, though.

Wow, Quanta is probably the best granulator in terms of workflow.
Does it support microtonal tunings via tun/scl files?

Pretty sure it does, but I can't check right now. Maybe have a look at the manual?

Edit :

From the product page after a quick glance at Google :

Tuning Tables And Global Tuning Offset

Re-tune Quanta to new intonations and temperaments using the open-source and easy-to-use TUN file format. A global tuning offset (default to A=440) allows you to easily retune the entire synth to match a different A frequency without using a tuning table.

Thank you, fabi!

Quanta is one hell of a granulator! So glad I gave it a try, many months after it got released, was snobing it for whatever bizarre reasons lol.

Very underrated imo, it can compete easily against all the other granular synths around, especially in term of sound quality/grain engine. I also like alot that it's been striped down to the granulation only, makes it easier to focus on sound sculpting with granular synthesis and take care of all the artifices later.

Return to “Instruments”