Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Cinebient
KVRAF

3512 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Thu May 10, 2018 4:17 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

And i agree that i now would hope also for a really great and high quality build controller only hardware. F.e. something like the Subsequent 37 CV or Prophet X without the sound engine and samples for under a grand would be great.
But funny that i now the first time consider even to buy a real Moog like the Subsequent 37 (but i would take the CV version) or even a small one like the Sub Phatty to get some really high quality knobs to tweak with 14 bit midi as well.
Oh.....i´m really up to my first hardware synth very soon and this update pushes it really.
topaz
KVRAF

4181 posts since 14 Jul, 2001, from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Postby topaz; Thu May 10, 2018 4:27 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

Can people please post which host and HW synth they use ?
(primarily) to see who uses Ableton live and a HW synth that needs NRPN to run 2.5 not supported by Ableton.
DrGonzo
KVRAF

2010 posts since 23 Oct, 2000, from A Swede Living in Budapest

Postby DrGonzo; Thu May 10, 2018 4:40 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

I know this is just the early days - the public beta just dropped - but has anyone talked to Ableton Support recently? I think missing out on this would be something quite negative for Ableton and might help light a (friendly) fire under their (comfortable) programming chairs.

/C
Plughugger Sound Design
80s POP for U-HE REPRO
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Roland S750/DJ70 - Ensoniq ASR10/EPSm
Sjefke
KVRist

161 posts since 8 May, 2008

Postby Sjefke; Thu May 10, 2018 4:55 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:Where's the "it's just a rompler" crowd?

Probably working extra shifts to be able to buy a 'System-8' :P

No aftertouch which disquallifies it for my playstyle
Which is a shame... because its got everything else
Elektronisch
KVRAF

2086 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Postby Elektronisch; Thu May 10, 2018 4:58 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

noiseboyuk wrote:Where's the "it's just a rompler" crowd? I almost miss them now they've gone, but I guess after 10 years I've gotten institutionalised.

well there is no crowd for that because Omnisphere is not a rompler :)
Sjefke
KVRist

161 posts since 8 May, 2008

Postby Sjefke; Thu May 10, 2018 5:04 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

Well, the same crowd called prophet X a rompler... just a week ago...
perpetual3
KVRist

319 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Postby perpetual3; Thu May 10, 2018 5:17 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

topaz wrote:As I feared would happen.

Does not work with Ableton Live (sub37) because you guessed it Ableton does not support NRPN.

Great :-(

Man, I am fed up with Ableton’s limitations.
topaz
KVRAF

4181 posts since 14 Jul, 2001, from Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, U.K

Postby topaz; Thu May 10, 2018 5:19 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

indeed, I am migrating over to cubase 9.5 right now.

it seems Ableton are firmly set on the EDM guys. shame it's a great creative host with waaaaaay to many limitations. :-(

perpetual3 wrote:
topaz wrote:As I feared would happen.

Does not work with Ableton Live (sub37) because you guessed it Ableton does not support NRPN.

Great :-(

Man, I am fed up with Ableton’s limitations.
legendCNCD
KVRian

713 posts since 23 Sep, 2004, from there

Postby legendCNCD; Thu May 10, 2018 5:50 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

As Ableton user (still on 9 because a lot of 32bit plugins used here) - uhhhhhh!

For me the main limitation is no real mixer, that clip part is unusable/not needed for me - but then also again, I dont have any HW synths left here anymore :(

I hope they get their act together because I know a LOT of techno music makers use Ableton AND they have HW synths too.
Cinebient
KVRAF

3512 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Thu May 10, 2018 5:54 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

Also the lack of proper MPE support in Abelton is a no-go for me.
But there are enough other DAW´s of course :D
Anyway.....maybe belongs to an Abelton Live thread.
ghettosynth
KVRAF

11026 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Thu May 10, 2018 7:52 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

No. I think that this highlights the very different perspective on synths that many of us have. Controlling Omnisphere with a Moog Voyager is like putting paddle shifters into your Ford Pinto.
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

10347 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Thu May 10, 2018 8:10 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

ghettosynth wrote:

No. I think that this highlights the very different perspective on synths that many of us have. Controlling Omnisphere with a Moog Voyager is like putting paddle shifters into your Ford Pinto.

Trying to counter a joke with a serious point :clap:

Anyway, Like you said "this highlights the very different perspective on synths that many of us have".
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

10347 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Thu May 10, 2018 8:12 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

Oh! And if I already had the Pinto, and the shifters upgrade was reasonable, it would be a useful upgrade :shrug:
ghettosynth
KVRAF

11026 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Thu May 10, 2018 8:33 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

ghettosynth wrote:

Trying to counter a joke with a serious point :clap:

I believe that I countered your joke with a better joke.

Anyway, Like you said "this highlights the very different perspective on synths that many of us have".

Yes, I was simply answering the question of why we're not participating in this thread. Controlling a weak synthesizer with knobs isn't interesting. All of the opinion in the world is not going to elevate the technology in Omni. If you like it, then you just like old DSP, others might say that you can't discern the difference, but wishful thinking isn't going to give Spectrasonics the talent that they don't have. Wake me up when Eric hires Uhe or NI to program their synth DSP.
Elektronisch
KVRAF

2086 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Postby Elektronisch; Thu May 10, 2018 8:45 am Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

ghettosynth wrote:

Yep, everyone has a different perspective :)

I personaly wish every VST instrument interface would be like Virus Control (its just perfec to me, perfect size, perfect layout, perfect colors) so i do believe there are people who wish that every instrument would look like Moog Voyager :)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments