Aurora FM - New Win(32/64) VSTi FM synthesizer - Introductory pricing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aurora FM

Roman Wisniak wrote:
urlwolf wrote:I have a good feeling about this one. Dev is very responsive and has a clear vision.
+1

I have great feedback from dev too.
Aurora is a nice FM synth with highly readable and understandable GUI structure. I percieve it as a great strengh over other existing FM vsti's available.
Thanks again, fellas! I appreciate the public compliments. Hopefully this attracts some new attention, since interest already seems to be waning...

I will probably buy to support, since 17 CAD is close to nothing. However, I'm not a fan of the GUI, it's too crowdy/busy for me. Not liking the color scheme either.

Are there any sound demos, or videos of the synth?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:Are there any sound demos, or videos of the synth?
There are now. :) On the website.

Great, heading over immediately :)

Edit: Also just purchased it
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Gonna try the demo.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

RyFi wrote:
gentleclockdivider wrote:Vista 32 bit , don't ask :lol:
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but figuring this out is going to be a problem. My synth's SDK target IS Vista (there are no Windows features newer than Vista that I need to use), so it SHOULD work on Vista, but clearly it's not. I think you're the first person trying to run this sub-Windows 7.

I really don't have any way of troubleshooting this. I don't have access to a Vista instance I can test with, but I can see if anyone I know does...

The only thing I can think of right now is: can you please check your Windows Event Viewer log and tell me what information is given about the crash events? It's a starting point at least.
No log reports in windows log view .
Just a renoise'crashscreen ...saying ' crashed in VST event/function 'process' thread :'Audio '
Reaper doen't give a warning at all ..and just hardcore crashes ...
Again ..going to windows logview/applications ..no mention of this crash
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: No log reports in windows log view .
Just a renoise'crashscreen ...saying ' crashed in VST event/function 'process' thread :'Audio '
Reaper doen't give a warning at all ..and just hardcore crashes ...
Again ..going to windows logview/applications ..no mention of this crash
Dang. What's your CPU?

The 'Demos' button on your website doesn't play anything here. FireFox.
If I click on 'System Shock End' or 'System Shock Theme 3' I get a javascript error ... javascript:var vid = document.getElementById('player'); vid.src = 'SS_Theme_3_44k_VBR.mp3'; vid.play(); ... [object Promise]

Aloysius wrote:The 'Demos' button on your website doesn't play anything here. FireFox.
If I click on 'System Shock End' or 'System Shock Theme 3' I get a javascript error ... javascript:var vid = document.getElementById('player'); vid.src = 'SS_Theme_3_44k_VBR.mp3'; vid.play(); ... [object Promise]
Fixed. :bang:

:tu:

New version up!
  • New Chorus effect, change in layout to accommodate
  • Identification and fix of issue that may have created an instant crash for a small percentage of users
  • Removed one instance of SSE4 code that would've prevented users with older CPU's from using Aurora FM. Now only SSE2 is required

Great update, loving the chorus! Any reasoning behind capping the rate at 3 hz though? I just found when fooling about with it, I sometimes wanted it to go a bit faster for some sounds. Wonderful addition at any rate though!

skyscape wrote:Great update, loving the chorus! Any reasoning behind capping the rate at 3 hz though? I just found when fooling about with it, I sometimes wanted it to go a bit faster for some sounds. Wonderful addition at any rate though!
Thanks, glad you like it!

Nah, no good reason. I can easily set the max rate higher. What would you like?

Downloaded demo.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

The feedback sounds really bad ...we can't get that typical saw wave without horrible overtones at 5 ,10 ,15 ,20 Khz
I assume this has to do with an internal delay/buffer
I think it's a great plugin , but this shoudl be fixed ..
When operator isset to 0db , the (unwanted ) overtones start when feedback parameter is around value 30.
From there on it sounds really bad , wel aware that a lot of feedback turns into gibberish ( the beaty of FM ;) , it's impossible on this plugin to get that sweetspot =saw ..just right before breaking up
See screenshots

Oh yeah , It's not that aurora is dexed , but even on my nord modular I can get a beautifull sounding saw wave with self feedback phase modulation .
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Fri May 18, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”