ModulAir by Full Bucket Music (v1.2.3 released)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ModulAir

Thanks Björn :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

Thanks for the update! I love this synth.
Regards
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Full Bucket wrote:Meanwhile version 0.7.3 Beta is available.
Dankeschön!

I finally ignored the warnings that Modulair is unstableware and might eat your cat, burn down your house, and steal your wife. I'm glad I did; this thing's a beast. Thnkyvrymch! So much for sleep.
Last edited by caonoize on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah, from what I hear v0.7.3 seems to be pretty stable, except for the cat & sleep of course. :hihi:

Cheers, Björn

Alright so I'm totally digging this right now!

Still discovering possibilities of the more exotic stuff like the lag, Hilbert etc...sounds really nice if you know how to set it up.

Also routing the mixer back into itself makes for some nice saturation (watch the volume though!)

Any chance you could clarify if these are ZDF filters please?

Any other interesting capabilities under the hood for us synth geeks?

Thanks!!!

yul wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:23 pm Alright so I'm totally digging this right now!
Thank you! :-)
Any chance you could clarify if these are ZDF filters please?
Yes they are. :tu:
Any other interesting capabilities under the hood for us synth geeks?
Oh it's just the usual stuff... :hihi:
I plan a lot of manual & video tutorials for ModulAir but at the moment I am a back to actually making music... I missed that so much... :hyper:

Anyway, expect some new version soon.

Cheers, Björn

ModulAir is the KING of synths :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Full Bucket wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:34 am I plan a lot of manual & video tutorials for ModulAir but at the moment I am a back to actually making music... I missed that so much... :hyper:

Anyway, expect some new version soon.

Cheers, Björn
Take your time. You deserve it. :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

Thank you very much Björn for this synth.
A really great synth and very nice work.

I write this note because I have a little problem in Buzz (the modular tracker and polac vst adapter) with the envelope generator applied to cutoff of the filter. When I insert different notes in the sequencer pattern only the first note trigger the envelope generator (ie for example ENV1 applied to the cutoff freq) while the following notes don't trigger it so these notes sound with the a lower harmonic content than the first. Instead when I play the vst with the midi controller every note trigger correctly the envelope generator. Other than that the synth is very stable.
This problem is present only with Modulair while your others synths work perfectly (for example in "bloo" the sequencer note triggers correctly the envelope applied to the filter).

If you permits I have also some suggestion about possible addition to this gem.
You can treat these like questions, without any obligation: I only like to know what do you think about.
- I think that the low pass filter in Deputy is probably one of the best sounding. Do you think will be possible to add this filter to modulair in a future version?
- for the sampler module it might be interesting to create a slightly detuned copy of the loaded sample to make it more fat and rich.
(it is true that this can be done with a second module of the sampler but in this way it would be much more practical). I ask this because something similar is already present in your Ragnarok vsti.
- Can you think could be possible to add (in a future distant version) an oscillator sampler module that implemented the padsynth algorithm (present in zynsubaddfx vsti) or something or something similar to an old vst named Padiepoo by rock hardbuns. I think that this would be a very nice addition to the the sonic possibilities of this synth.

Thank You again for your kindness and sorry for my english.

Hi rickdom,

maybe you can save your ModulAir patch to a FXP file and send it to me via mail? It's a bit difficult to understand what exactly is going on. ;-)
BTW there's a known bug in the Quad Envelope module which does not retrigger until the whole envelope has been completed - this one will be fixed in the next version of ModulAir. :oops:

Apart from that I do maintain a list of suggestions for improvements and ideas, so your suggestions will be collected (although I cannot promise to realize them in the end...)! :tu:

Cheers, Björn

Thank you Björn for your replay

If you want I can send you a simple patch but this behavior happens with every patch that have filter modulate by the envelope generator (in your default bank, for example, it happens clearly with the first patch "fat_polysynth" or "k35 bass") and it happens with both dual envelope and quad envelope generator.

I try to explain better what I meant in my previous post:
if pattern sequencer play repeatedly the same note (for example the note c4 repeated four times, something like C4-C4-C4-C4) this sequence sounds like a single note C4 with sustain because the envelope don't kick in to retrigger the modulation of cutoff frequency). But if the played note change in the pattern sequencer (for example C4-D4-C4-D4) the envelope trigger correctly the cutoff frequency.
This behavior is present only in Buzz (an old version). I have tried others free daw and everything works right.

I did not mean in any way to charge you for the problem. May could be a not solvable problem in Buzz.
I wondered only why that all your other VSTi did not show such behavior.

Regarding the second part of my previous post, take them as personal wishes more that real requests and do not feel obliged in any way.

Hoping to have been clearer
Thank you again for your kindness.

This is interesting... may I ask which version of Buzz you use?

Cheers, Björn

Yes, of course...
I use Buzz build 1145 with Polac vst adapter 1.1.10b31 (the latest version).

Investigating better, I noticed that by inserting a note-off message immediately after the note played the envelope generator activates correctly but this behavior differs from that of all your other vsti.
I do not usually insert the note-off messages in Buzz because these messages, in the pattern editor, occupy a line and so it is not possible to insert a new note immediately after the first note played.
With this information, perhaps you will be able to solve this behavior more easily, if you will be interested in modifying it.

Cheers and Thanks again.

Version 0.8.0 is here:

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/modulair.html

Cheers, Björn

@rickdom: Your issue is not forgotten and I am myself struggling with Buzz (although I do not think it is an issue with ModulAir).

Return to “Instruments”