SONiVOX Stratum

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Stratum Transwave Synth

Biggest joke so far this year?

The GUI, the pricing, the....everything...

Even at 50 % it's way overpriced, based on the three videos at Plugin Boutique.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 82-Stratum
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

SONiVOX Rectum
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:SONiVOX Rectum
LOL! Yeah, I'm 12, so what.

At least it looks good :tu:

Someone discovered default emboss setting in Photoshop....

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:At least it looks good :tu:
I thought it looked dated when I first checked it out. Sort of like some old SynthEdit plugin from way back when.

Examigan wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:At least it looks good :tu:
I thought it looked dated when I first checked it out. Sort of like some old SynthEdit plugin from way back when.
You put words on my thoughts :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I just watched the video and.. wait, an 8 step sequencer? They couldn't make it at least 16?

SONiVOX is absolutely the worst company I've ever dealt with in the digital music world (and one of the worst I've ever dealt with period). Support is unresponsive, software is buggy, and never updated. Thankfully the only thing I've bought from them was heavily discounted, so I don't really feel too bad, but after the way they've treated me, I've advised everyone I know to stay away from them and not support such hostile treatment of customers (and the sound of their plugins is nothing special either).

Examigan wrote:I just watched the video and.. wait, an 8 step sequencer? They couldn't make it at least 16?
Eight steps? Sixteen? Will it crash spectacularly within five minutes? This is the question anyone needs to be asking when it comes to Sonivox.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wouldn't dare to touch Sonivox stuff even with a long pole...

twitewhite wrote:SONiVOX is absolutely the worst company I've ever dealt with in the digital music world (and one of the worst I've ever dealt with period).
I thought you were talking about Crysonic for a minute there.. :hihi:

Vortifex wrote:A GUI straight out of 2002. I had to laugh at the marketing blurb: "Stratum will provide you with all you need to create tracks in a variety of retro-inspired genres, be it synthwave, retrowave, outrun, cinematic electronica, 8-bit chiptunes, you name it. These timbres are gaining popularity fast". That was true about ten years ago.
I think that may be a compliment - considering they probably coded (I use that word sarcastically) it in 2000. I presume they're still using the 1998 version of Tk/Tcl for their GUIs.

Aloysius wrote:SONiVOX Rectum
Rectum? Darn nearly killed 'em.

Return to “Instruments”