Thorn Beat v Thorn CM ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn

Chris-S wrote:When I click on the 3,99 € button, a page comes up where I should enter a code, paypal or credit card.

So, my google play amount (20€) is not recognized.
They don't offer payment via Google Play balance anymore for Kiosk, or "News", how it is called now... it also pissed me off a bit yesterday. I had to set up my Paypal account for payment.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Anyone else get the feeling that Dimitry will soon realise he submitted the wrong version? :scared:
Whatcha mean?

Harry_HH wrote: BTW, that CM issue contains on the page 37 a "cm synth roundup", collection of some best synth published as a cm version.

How to get those synths - I got the impression, that by purchasing one cm issue, you get access to the vault of earlier downloads. How does this work?
You get all those synths when you get the current issue 257. :) They're all inside the instrument download for the issue you get from FileSilo.

Is there anybody who's managed to get the Beat version who'd be willing to help me out? I'm wondering...
-Does it come with the digital version of the magazine, and if so, how do you get it?
-I'm from the US, and when I went to buy the digital version it wanted me to enter a shipping address. The options do not appear to include the US. It makes sense that they don't ship here, but that shouldn't matter for the digital version. Is there any way around this apart from entering some random EU address?

Thanks for any help!

Last time i checked, Beat mag didn't offer downloads for the digital version of the mag.

Even though i find the monophony quite a limitation in the Beat version (loads of polyphony in the CM version). But, you gotta know.

Oh, okay. Thanks. I figured the mono version with the extra effects and oscillator would be nice for leads and basses and then I could use the CM version for poly stuff. Not a big deal if I can't get the Beat version though, the CM version is plenty cool :)

Edit: you're right. I didn't notice the tabs on the purchase page.
Note: The additional content is included only when purchasing the physical (printed) magazine. In the case of digital content from external manufacturers, activation can be limited in time from the time of publication of the magazine and can no longer be guaranteed when older issues are purchased.
Last edited by Greenstorm33 on Thu May 17, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chk071 wrote:They don't offer payment via Google Play balance anymore for Kiosk, or "News", how it is called now... it also pissed me off a bit yesterday. I had to set up my Paypal account for payment.
:(
And the "google support guy" did not know this......
:dog:

I actually used the Google support chat yesterday. The whole time i had the impression i was talking to an AI. :D I guess it wasn't one though... just a student making some bucks in his spare time. The conclusion was: "No, no longer available. We are sorry.". Didn't get any info why though, and also no info if, or when Play balance will be available again as an option. My guess: Never. They want a safer option for magazine subscriptions. But, who knows, maybe they will offer it again one day.

The Beat versions certainly worth the cover price of the magazine as well. Almost all of the full version features except that its Monophonic, still worth having the both in your arsenal.

Thorn CM and Thorn absolutely compatible - presets made with CM play even better in Thorn - i mean it's the same just sounds somehow better to me :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:Thorn CM and Thorn absolutely compatible - presets made with CM play even better in Thorn - i mean it's the same just sounds somehow better to me :)
Oh, that's cool. Good to know my presets will transfer should I ever decide to upgrade.

I'd buy it and use it, if only I can remove the ugly Computer Music logo from the GUI. Is that possible ?

I did that with UHE's Bazille CM version, in Photoshop. I don't use any plugin with cheap and tacky Computer Music branding on it.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Thu May 17, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

One of the few downsides of Thorn CM (and also the full Thorn) is that the mod envelopes close early, even when you set full release. Not sure if that was a design choice. They close much earlier than the amp envelope, which makes it hard to create pads with filter envelope.
THE INTRANCER wrote:I'd buy it and use it, if only I can remove the ugly Computer Music logo from the GUI. Is that possible ?
I doubt it. Does it really bother you though?

chk071 wrote:One of the few downsides of Thorn CM (and also the full Thorn) is that the mod envelopes close early, even when you set full release. Not sure if that was a design choice. They close much earlier than the amp envelope, which makes it hard to create pads with filter envelope.
THE INTRANCER wrote:I'd buy it and use it, if only I can remove the ugly Computer Music logo from the GUI. Is that possible ?
I doubt it. Does it really bother you though?
Yup... I just need to know if the GUI faceplates are accessible in the folders just like they are with UHE's before I bother buying it. Actually, I'll probably look for the retail demo version to have a look myself for them, if they exist.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Maybe if you knew what you were doing you could dig the images out of the resources file and replace them, but I couldn't do it with any of the tools that I have for that sort of thing.

Return to “Instruments”