Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
mementus
KVRist

440 posts since 10 Apr, 2011

Postby mementus; Wed May 16, 2018 5:02 am I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

I already have Serum and was thinking to buy Syleth1 for its presets.
My goal is to produce electronic music, I am not planning to produce the next hit :lol:
I just want to produce a few easy song to begin.

Any other synth to consider in the same league?
I am not a synth guy so I will use presets mostly and I like basic sounds. I liked the ones on Sylenth1 demo.

Thank you!
DJ Warmonger
KVRAF

2649 posts since 7 Jun, 2012, from Warsaw

Postby DJ Warmonger; Wed May 16, 2018 5:06 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

It's difficult to beat Sylenth1 when it comes to simplicity. However, if you want presets, Dune 2 for instance has better.

Also you may want to get preset browser like VIP or any NI synth.
http://djwarmonger.wordpress.com/
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)
ATN69
KVRAF

1681 posts since 5 Oct, 2015, from Swedish / Living in Hong Kong

Postby ATN69; Wed May 16, 2018 5:06 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

Sylenth 1 is a good choice. There are many options if you plan to make electronic music. Here are a few,

- Hive from U-he
- Dune 2 from Synapse
- Spire from Reveal Sound
- ANA 2 from Sonic Academy

I have them all and bought them one by one over time.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 12
Aloysius
KVRAF

21603 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Wed May 16, 2018 5:08 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

So many use Syleth1 that you'll probably find it has the right sound for the material you want to work on. Anything less than Syleth1 might be a compromise.
Impeach 64. Keep 32-bit Plug-ins alive.
wagtunes
KVRAF

11329 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed May 16, 2018 5:14 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

Know what? I don't have Sylenth1 and I don't like it but tons of people use it so there must be something to it. My advice is to just get it and be done with it. You can drive yourself nuts looking for a synth, especially if you're coming here asking for suggestions because ultimately what's going to happen is you're going to get no less than 50 different synths suggested.

Trust me. Just get Sylenth1 and put this one to bed.
mementus
KVRist

440 posts since 10 Apr, 2011

Postby mementus; Wed May 16, 2018 5:23 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

Thanks guys! I'll let ya know.
chk071
KVRAF

15507 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Wed May 16, 2018 5:26 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

Definitely check out Spire. More bang for the buck, and, IMO, it sounds quite a bit better as well. Great presets, and gazillions of "dance" soundsets as well.
counterparty
KVRist

105 posts since 21 Jul, 2016

Postby counterparty; Wed May 16, 2018 5:47 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

Massive has lots of available soundbanks like Sylenth - if you want to use presets that might also be a good choice.

I also like Rapid a lot - it has a nice bright sound, suitable for modern electronic music. Check out the preset demo video on YouTube and see if you like the sound.
fisherKing
KVRAF

1594 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Wed May 16, 2018 5:54 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

lots of great synths; spire is a good alternative, i use that often. but i have to say, i keep coming back to sylenth1. to be honest... i've bought it THREE times, ie got rid of it twice, then came back to it. and now am using it a lot (don't worry, lennard gave me a discount on the third purchase).

it's unpretentious, but sounds great, is easy to use... and there are a billion soundsets out there for it.

go for it.
http://upstatebrooklyn.com/
always one plugin short of perfection...
Elektronisch
KVRAF

1896 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Postby Elektronisch; Wed May 16, 2018 6:22 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

I have Sylenth1 but rarely use it.

Synthmaster (worth to pick up the SM1 and 2 Bundle), Hive, Dune 2, Spire when i need presets for something fast :) Those come with some amazing default ones :)
Zexila
KVRAF

2586 posts since 17 Mar, 2008

Postby Zexila; Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

chk071 wrote:Definitely check out Spire. More bang for the buck, and, IMO, it sounds quite a bit better as well. Great presets, and gazillions of "dance" soundsets as well.

Yeah, wanted to recommend Spire too, this thing is growing and variety of sounds it can achieve get wider and wider, if I needed to settle with one synth for dance stuff, Spire without thinking.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG
chk071
KVRAF

15507 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Wed May 16, 2018 6:26 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

Elektronisch wrote:I have Sylenth1 but rarely use it.

Same here. Was more of a "everyone has it, and it makes a great supersaw, so i got to have it" buy than anything else. :lol: (Didn't pay too much for it though, fortunately) I find reaching out to Spire most of the time, which, for me, sounds more modern, has more bang and character, more features, and it also doesn't have that ineffable lowering of volume when you crank up the filter resonance. You know, Sylenth1 is cool, but, IMO has been superseded by quite a few synths these days. And the fx are just awful. Again, Spire has such great fx, that it's no match at all.

@ Zexila: :tu:
Yorrrrrr
KVRian

655 posts since 25 Sep, 2011, from Cartagena - Colombia

Postby Yorrrrrr; Wed May 16, 2018 6:31 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

I have it, but I don't use it. Hive took its place. DUNE 2 and Spire are also better.
fisherKing
KVRAF

1594 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Wed May 16, 2018 6:52 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

i've got hive, spire; HAD dune2, ana2... i keep coming back to sylenth1. but they're all good synths; it really depends on the music you make, & how you use them. you can't go wrong with any of these choices.
http://upstatebrooklyn.com/
always one plugin short of perfection...
Apratim
KVRian

514 posts since 29 Dec, 2016, from India

Postby Apratim; Wed May 16, 2018 7:00 am Re: I am about to purchase Sylenth1, any other synths to check before buying it?

Just try the demo of all the synths ffs
If you want the list of some great synth
Ask wag i think he will provide it

And plus you have serum which is a vast synth in itself

Jusy saying
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD,Behringer C-1.
REAPER,DS thorn, IL sytrus,Mpowersynth,Tal sampler,AAS string studio,MTotalfx bundle
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments