Bye bye VST2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JUCE VST 3 Plug-in Development Host VST Audio Plug-ins SDK (C++)

poleda wrote:Next up 32 bit. :o
next up....64bit and 128, 256, 512bit because 1024bit is right around the corner :roll:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

chk071 wrote:
"Bye bye VST2" is exactly what they don't say. Nice clickbait though.
Steinberg wrote:VST 2 compatibility with Steinberg VST hosts will remain
But that is exactly what they are saying in not so many words. Stating VST 2 is on the way out is obviously them softening the blow that VST2 is going from Cubase, and that they will only release VST3 and maybe an incoming VST4 SDK from now on.

Any company that is going to make a big change and phase something out does it the softly softly way first by pretending to support it for as long as needed. They did this with 32bit plugins.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

redundant, already answered
deleted

layzer wrote:
next up....64bit and 128, 256, 512bit because 1024bit is right around the corner :roll:

Sometimes in life, letting go is the only option.
It's time to set the flux capacitor to 2018, bye bye VST2 and 32 bit.

poleda wrote:
layzer wrote:

you're like, i can cook better than you because my pot is bigger.
i'm like.... :clap:

is there anywhere i can listen to your fantastic 64bit vst3 music to convince me of this? come on, lets hear it..... :idea:

layzer wrote: is there anywhere i can listen to your fantastic 64bit vst3 music to convince me of this? come on, lets hear it..... :idea:
Oh shut up. You're just another nobody that happen to post a lot of your 'idealistic' music on KVR.

Your music is just as bad as the rest of us.
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:
layzer wrote: is there anywhere i can listen to your fantastic 64bit vst3 music to convince me of this? come on, lets hear it..... :idea:
Oh shut up. You're just another nobody that happen to post a lot of your 'idealistic' music on KVR.

Your music is just as bad as the rest of us.
My music is just as bad? oh you must be talking about this:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=504852
yeah its awful alright.

actually, there are some of the most talented music cafe users like Frantz, Seismic, Biodiode, HTCnext2, ChamMusic, and Allomorus that would say my music is quite decent. wheres your music with lots of praise for its exceptional composition, sound design and mix, huh princess?

oh never mind, i remember your cheesy copacabana music on soundcloud...
hate on, dude.
Last edited by layzer on Fri May 18, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlitBit wrote:I think it's rather simple to create a new plugin standard. It's much harder to get most of the existing hosts to support it. Especially if there already is a successful existing one like VST2.
Yes, exactly.

A new standard would have to be extremely simple to implement, and add 2-3 killer features on top which other standards do not have. The problem with that is there's not going to be a consensus among developers of what extra features are the most desirable. Add everything developers want and the standard is no longer going to be simple...so I'm rather skeptical about the success of any new standard.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

layzer wrote: My music is just as bad? oh you must be talking about this:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=504852
yeah its awful alright.
Wow! 35 plays. Now that's a hit :clap:

felis wrote: Always happens when someone comes up with a proprietary standard.

What's needed is a cooperative standard that all manufacturers and developers agree to.
Like what happened when midi was birthed.
That oportunity could have happened when Apple had the idea to come up with AU (OS X 10.2, if I'm not mistaken). If instead of creating "another" standard, they decided to sit with Steinberg, and together come up with a "true" standard, we could very well have a real cross-platform standard now.

But instead, Apple chose to go their own way, creating another "standard" that only works in OS X, and even there is not the standard. Steinberg reacted and created VST3. Avid reacted and created AAX. The result is what we have now... No standard and the chaos spread. And it seems things will become worse soon.
Fernando (FMR)

No way!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

layzer wrote:
poleda wrote:
layzer wrote:

you're like, i can cook better than you because my pot is bigger.

is there anywhere i can listen to your fantastic 64bit vst3 music to convince me of this? come on, lets hear it..... :idea:
:hihi: :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

poleda wrote:
felis wrote:What's needed is a cooperative standard that all manufacturers and developers agree to.
You mean something like VST3? It works great.
When did all manufacturers and developers agree to implement VST 3?

layzer wrote: you're like, i can cook better than you because my pot is bigger.
No, you just don't get it, that's the problem. I'm not surprised though, you seem to be a religious fella, so, it's no wonder you're holding on to something with religious fundamentalism, which totally prevent you from understanding even the most logical and rational reasoning.

Steinberg have dismally failed with VST3. Somebody needs to petition Yamaha Corp to take control of the VST standard. Then they need to publish a public development roadmap, they need to listen to feedback from the community & developers, and they need to make further development of the VST format a collaborative process with other industry players since it’s become a universal standard. They also need to support more platforms such as Linux and Android.

They should also have VST developers conferences and public workshops to get people together discussing.
Last edited by v1o on Fri May 18, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”