KOMPLETE 12 & 12 ULTIMATE Leak! Massive X Synthesizer, Kontakt 6...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

chk071 wrote:
If you believe the leak, then Massive X, a further development of the well-known Massive Synthesizer is coming.
But... is that true really? Do we know for sure that this is the successor of Massive?

And, why is it called Massive X, and not Massive 2?
10 years old maybe ? I don’t know offhand how old it is

generaldiomedes wrote:
chk071 wrote:
If you believe the leak, then Massive X, a further development of the well-known Massive Synthesizer is coming.
But... is that true really? Do we know for sure that this is the successor of Massive?

And, why is it called Massive X, and not Massive 2?
10 years old maybe ? I don’t know offhand how old it is
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NI_Massive
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote: http://www.kvraudio.com/news/native_ins ... ete_4_6052

These prices back then. Massive for $339 / €299. :o
Yep. That's some steep prices.

BTW. Calling your product "Product X" seems quite hip these days. So, i guess it has no reason but the hip factor. The usual.

andrew71 wrote:
Local Man wrote:What do retailers do with komplete 11 when komplete 12 comes out? Does it just go away or does it go on sale? I'm looking for the right time to buy komplete 11 ultimate since I am probably not going to be all that interested in komplete 12.
I'm not entirely sure of the exact timing, but the "Summer of Sound" sale, which NI have held during June in recent years helps to clear out physical stock by offering Komplete, including Ultimate, and upgrade versions at half price.

I'm currently on Komplete Ultimate 9 and was thinking of upgrading if there was a sale, but I might wait for Komplete 12 instead as it has been a few years since I've upgraded.
Yeah I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they offer. Thanks for the reply.

The original Massive is still in the list though...

shidostrife wrote:The original Massive is still in the list though...
Why it shouldnt be? that there is a newer version, older doesnt mean its obsolete. Its still great and low CPU sounding synth, i still use it.

Elektronisch wrote:
Why it shouldnt be? that there is a newer version, older doesnt mean its obsolete. Its still great and low CPU sounding synth, i still use it.
Are there Kontakt 4, Absynth 4, or FM7 in the current Komplete?

I'm not saying that the old Massive is obsolete. What I'm saying is, because Massive is still there, I doubt Massive X is actually a new version of that Massive. I'm guessing it's an entirely new product, or an expansion for the old Massive.

I'm wondering how many times the folks at Native Instruments have heard the request when will you guys release a new synthesizer not tied to reactor or update any of your Flagship synthesizers? Maybe a thousand? Knowing the very high demand, but teasing with the release of massive X when it is absolutely not related to massive synthesizer in any way shape or form, would be rather cheeky if not intolerable.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

shidostrife wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:

I'm not saying that the old Massive is obsolete. What I'm saying is, because Massive is still there, I doubt Massive X is actually a new version of that Massive. I'm guessing it's an entirely new product, or an expansion for the old Massive.
shidostrife wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:

Yes this likely mostly it is because it will be either a Reaktor instrument or a kontakt library with some new synthesis functions. So it would not even be able to replace the vst like the older vsts used to. So they would have to keep the original massive in there.

The X indicates I think that it will be a similar concept but with a different platform (kontakt or reaktor). And the fact that there is a separate library is unusual though because that isn’t common with Reaktor instruments. But come to think of it if it were kontakt it would just be a library only so I’m leaning towards Reaktor ensemble and library.

My hope is that the next update has some real improvements not just sample packs and simple Reaktor instruments (most of the Reaktor instruments I actually use are free and made by the users). If they are going to base everything around Kontakt and Reaktor then they really need to have scalable GUI's like most soft synths do now, it is become as an important issue for me as the sound (as there are so many alternatives that sound just as good but I can actually see what I am doing.....). Oh, and a mean scalable, not just a bigger bloody window that still has tiny fonts and controls!

I am on Komplete 9 ultimate, I upgraded to Reaktor 6 individually and I still don't see anything in the leaked Komplete 12 that even tempts me to upgrade Ultimate (I may just do a single upgrade on Komplete if it is scalable)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

K11 is on sale now. Does that mean K12 is imminent?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:K11 is on sale now. Does that mean K12 is imminent?
Well define imminent. The sale ends on 1 July so I’d expect August.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Yes, I'd agree - August or September for K12 (and three hours later, the "when will the half price sale be on K12" thread will start)

My further guess is that Kontakt 6 won't be ready for this release, but K12 owners will get it when it comes out.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:Yes, I'd agree - August or September for K12 (and three hours later, the "when will the half price sale be on K12" thread will start)

My further guess is that Kontakt 6 won't be ready for this release, but K12 owners will get it when it comes out.
Komplete 12 won’t be worth the asking price without Kontakt 6. And we don’t know if Massive X will be ready by August.

Maybe they delay K12 until next year?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Instruments”