One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

cannot get in via safari on ipad either.

Voted!

Some really nice tracks here this time, didn't have a definite favorite but a few tracks stood out for me :)

spidergod wrote:cannot get in via safari on ipad either.
Works for me, now :?

Hey guys! Remember I told you that I mixed my track on a laptop's soundcard and it may sound terrible? Well, a few minutes ago I heard it on better hardware and it actually sounds terrible! So, forgive me if I blown someone's ears!

Obviously, it is too late to make changes to the mix, so it have to be left as it is (perhaps it will cost me a few positions in the chart).
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

Voted

VCA-089 wrote:Hey guys! Remember I told you that I mixed my track on a laptop's soundcard and it may sound terrible? Well, a few minutes ago I heard it on better hardware and it actually sounds terrible! So, forgive me if I blown someone's ears!

Obviously, it is too late to make changes to the mix, so it have to be left as it is (perhaps it will cost me a few positions in the chart).
I think you are underselling yourself, to me sounding okay, but that's me.
Good luck in the challenge

:D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

voted

[Unsolicited opinion post] My favorite highlights!

schiing - cool song, love the sound of that snare rolling along with the hats.

VCA-089 - Nice to see another Psytrance track! Great job all around.

spidergod - Journey indeed!

Photonic - Great production and the most acoustic sounding drums I've heard out of Synth1, awesome job.

functionform - Rad song! Heavy, expressive, dark. Lovely.

Jasinki - Love the articulation and sound design. No two seconds are the same!

Bh9090 - Fun! I had a smile on the whole time. And all that variation.

Unknown Challenger - Lovely growls and reeces, and good to see someone doing essentially multiple songs.
VCA-089 wrote:Hey guys! Remember I told you that I mixed my track on a laptop's soundcard and it may sound terrible? Well, a few minutes ago I heard it on better hardware and it actually sounds terrible! So, forgive me if I blown someone's ears!

I feel you, my room has awful acoustics, including a dead bass spot right where my head sits in what's supposed to be the sweetspot of my monitors. I was kicking myself when I was showing friends my submission on a different system. Bass-heavy, no mids, poor stereo imaging. Oh well. There's always next month!

edit: just listened to your track again and it's all good.

Voted
Some amazing tracks created this time around, lovely stuff.
Good luck to everyone.

The voting journey was a strange one this round, with some showcases of excellent production, while lacking in progressive creativity, and others demonstrating incredible freedom despite fatal production errors. History often proves that it's the marriage of both elements, significantly weighted towards individual creativity that allows the impact and influence of the music to stand the test of time. But whatev. amirite
quick, _ake what you want in life

574X wrote:The voting journey was a strange one this round, with some showcases of excellent production, while lacking in progressive creativity, and others demonstrating incredible freedom despite fatal production errors. History often proves that it's the marriage of both elements, significantly weighted towards individual creativity that allows the impact and influence of the music to stand the test of time. But whatev. amirite

can you say more about errors, what was good and what needs to be improved?
we are all here to learn

Voted

Voted

Voted! It took too long for me this time. I really wanted to judge wisely and had to make some things IRL those days. Good luck everyone!
"Some people don't like music created on a PC and declare it as "fake". I don't care. The only thing matters to me is the end result."
SoundCloud YouTube Patreon

********* DoctorBob has VOTED for and commented on all the tracks *************

Well done everyone - a nice variety of Synth1 tracks (as usual). :clap: Good luck. :tu:

dB

voted

Return to “Instruments”