Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
zarf
KVRist

339 posts since 20 Jan, 2013
Voted.

I spread the votes over 2-5 this time.
If I gave you a 2, please don't think I'm saying it is 'bad'. I'm just saying that - for me - it wasn't as good as the 3s for some reason. And the 3s not as good as the 4s, for some reason. And the 4s not quite in my top bracket, for some reason.

Enjoyed listening to every track, well done everyone :tu:
doctorbob
KVRian

1125 posts since 7 Mar, 2014
@zarf - my method of voting too :) So same applies :tu:

dB
schiing
KVRist

159 posts since 27 Oct, 2015
Voted!

Loved your work. :clap: My process this time around: I listened to the playlist "blindfolded" and scored by first impressions. Then I listened again, still "blindfolded", and made (only) a few adjustments to my initial notes.

Apologies for being somewhat lazy in the Soundcloud comment section this time - a bit of a tight schedule this month.
L-EctroBit
KVRist

50 posts since 30 Sep, 2015
Voted!
photonic
KVRian

531 posts since 5 Mar, 2011, from Austria
Voted!
soundcloud.com/photonic-1
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2831 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki
Voted, some really great performances, once again.
TrojakEW
KVRist

234 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Slovakia
You guys are so fast. I'm just halfway done. Need 1 or 2 days more to finish voting.
Image Image Image Image
doctorbob
KVRian

TrojakEW wrote:You guys are so fast. I'm just halfway done. Need 1 or 2 days more to finish voting.
I try to listen as they get posted - and even give a first gut feeling comment (if I had time, sadly lacking this round). But, I find that my first impressions are often not completely wrong, so the voting phase is just a little easier. Still have to juggle tracks around though - I always hear something new each time I listen to a track :dog:

dB
Medniex
KVRist

57 posts since 16 Apr, 2017, from Rīga
Voted!

Really great selection of submissions and also working with Synth1 was a pleasure. It will be my favorite synth right after the blooo for some time. Also I felt that I did pretty good this time despite the fact I couldn't allocate time for another revision. Sorry about the lack of comments in SC this time :oops:
KO :ud:
TheNeverScene
KVRist

435 posts since 1 Dec, 2016

Postby TheNeverScene; Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:48 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Voting Time!)

Well, last month got cut short due to moving and finally got some WiFi going in our new place in the sticks so looking forward to checking out everyone's tracks and voting! Right before we shipped out, I had started a new track with hopes of finishing it, but we all know how that goes. lol Here's the initial idea that was supposed to replace my other initial idea.....was hoping to utilize my piano sound more :/

Our new place in the woods is way more inspiring than our old place, so hoping to capture some of that in tracks to come! They'll still suck, but hopefully not as much :D

https://soundcloud.com/the-never-scene/synth1-2/s-194ho
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression
doctorbob
KVRian

@TNS - hope the move was not too stressful :D Glad you are settled in too. Sounds like a nice place to be making music. So … looking forward to the "new music" then ...

dB
TrojakEW
KVRist

:o :o :o :o :o Fabulous!!! You have new fan here. Realy really cool stuff. Now I know where all that crazy drumming of yours coming from. Hurry up and finish your work. :tu:
https://soundcloud.com/the-never-scene/ ... ment-metal
Image Image Image Image
TrojakEW
KVRist

Voted.

Hard to distribute points as always. Sometimes preference of style win over other aspects.
Image Image Image Image
doctorbob
KVRian

TrojakEW wrote: … Hard to distribute points as always. Sometimes preference of style win over other aspects.
and there's nothing wrong at all with that :tu: ...there always has to be some subjective level of voting ... music is not just clinical, if it were, it would not have/generate emotions. :)

dB
wagtunes
KVRAF

12922 posts since 8 Oct, 2014
Well, even though I don't enter these anymore, can't pass up the chance to vote on a Synth1 contest. Still the best free synth out there.

Gonna give it to you straight guys. Aside from the 4 5s and the 6 4s, seemed like most people just phoned this one in. Two tracks were simply titled Synth1 and Synth1 Sketch or something like that (one being like 30 seconds long) Seriously? That's all you can put into this?

I was pretty disappointed with the entries this month. Those of you who brought it really brought it.

A Good Day
Into The Void
Dish Number 49
Battle Of Teutoburg Forest

Way to go guys. I'd be stunned if you all didn't make the top 5.

The 6 4s can battle it out for the next slot. I'm usually pretty good at calling these.

And maybe it's a good thing that not all the entries were this good or there'd be no way to pick a winner.

Anyway, voted.

Good luck to all.
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments