One Synth Challenge #112: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth1

zerofox97 wrote:https://soundcloud.com/zerothefox/synth ... ip/s-PXZ9u I'm trying some stuff. surprising myself with some of the sounds I've managed to create in Synth1 so far. just struggling with the intro and outro some and then I can focus my attention on the mix and stuff.
Well that made me break out my fishbowl platform shoes! :D Great one!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Here's mine. Tried to keep fx to a minimum for self torture.

32 instances of Synth1. All sounds from scratch.

Track FX:
EpicVerb x 1 (snare)
Piz MidiNotesToCC (mild keytrack panning on toms)
SoftAmp FM25 x 1 (guitar thingy)
ReaComp x 1 (sidechaining)

Master FX:
ReaEQ x 1
DensitymkIII x 1
EpicVerb x 1
GClip x 1
A1 Stereo Control x 1
Unlimited x 1

https://soundcloud.com/the-never-scene/ ... ns-osc-112
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

oops :)

Oops
Last edited by Eauson on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Okay, so after getting feedback on crust, mainly on the stereo side of it, amongst other things, I decided to reevaluate my mix of #112 synth and rejigged it a bit, hopefully these differences are noticeable. Many thanks to those that have listened ( in all honesty I should probably apologise for every entry I make in OSC :D ) and to spidergod for his comments. I will leave the other mix up for a while before deleting if people would like to contrast the mixes.

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/kvrosc-11 ... chiro-toda

DRM 11

26 instances of synth1 in reaper 64 bit
ReaReq *27
Bittersweet *2
Reacomp*4
Tone space
Airwindows Purest gain
ambient reverb
S.L.A.X
JB redphattpro
OTT
Airwindows Righteous4
Ferric TDS
Airwindows wider, distance
Freeverb stereo enhancer
Flux stereo tool
Bark of the dog BOZ
Limiterno6
Rsmet Multianalyzer
Last edited by Eauson on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

[Sorry babout triple post, internet outage :)

(deleted)
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ok I don't really like the direction my track is taking and not feeling inspired enough to go back and rework it extensively. So unless I have inspiration to do another track, this unmixed mess will be my entry. :)

https://soundcloud.com/ilmai/one-synth-colossus

DAW: Bitwig Studio 2.3

12x Synth1

Bitwig Devices:
1x Arpeggiator
2x Compressor
1x EQ-2
1x EQ-5
1x Note Velocity
1x Reverb

3rd party VSTs:
1x Sonic Anomaly Unlimited

Hey Peter H, still can't find your track to comment. It plays fine in the KVR player, but once I go to your SC, the track isn't there. This happens every month, so wondering if certain account settings are causing this. Bangin' track though.

(deleted)
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi there!
Since it is Synth1 again I had to try something... it's a... it's a beat (yeah!)
I'm more or less happy with it so far but some more instances could be added, so far it's 10.
Maybe I will be back with something more or something else, but if not this is my entry:
https://soundcloud.com/maze-6000/synth1

some great tracks here already, nice!

mixed with
-Sonimus SonEQ
-Fruity parametric EQ2
-Oril River reverb on a send channel
mastered with
-Maximus
-VOS Baxter EQ
-Unlimited Limiter

] Peter:H [ wrote:
TheNeverScene wrote:Hey Peter H, still can't find your track to comment. It plays fine in the KVR player, but once I go to your SC, the track isn't there. This happens every month, so wondering if certain account settings are causing this. Bangin' track though.
I have now published the "Sophisticated Terror Slippers Version" (Updated Link see above) of my Track and changed it from "private" to "public". Hopefully that solves the problem. Looking forward to your comments - hopefully not to devastating - be aware the Terror Slippers will kick your Hardstyle arse.
Ah, that explains it. Usually private tracks just come up as a bare link on my end, so I know they are private. Your private tracks seem to have some added trickery lol no clue why, but I've repeatedly scratched my head in the past.

jasinski wrote:
ontrackp wrote:
jasinski wrote:I'd really like to know how use the code snippet to fix the mac version of Synth1? Any tips?
I'm using the latest version of Logic with the 64 bit version and the filters are behaving. Last time, they were broken.
Still broken in 64bit Live 10.
yeah 1.13beta8 AU is still a mess in Logic X. this synth was what started all of this mess for me, so kind of a bummer i can't use it!

i'll just have to sit this one out and enjoy all of your creations :tu:

Hello again!

After getting that snare, I just had to finally try to make a bit of a "marchy" song. Hope you guys like it. I kind of ran out of time making this as I'm going away for the rest of the month and will have no access to my computer during that time. No techno and a short song this time.

https://soundcloud.com/too86/bitter-holiday-march

Using ableton live suite
13 instances of Synth1 (snare taking 2x2 due to layering and getting double hits sound good with duplicated instrument)

11x EQ 8
1x Saturator to give drums just a tiny bit of warmth
3x Compressor
3x Reverb
1x Gate

Master stuff:
1x Utility (to mono low end)
1x Limiter
1x Glue compressor

Deleted post

Return to “Instruments”