Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After years in the making, Output Inc. is ecstatic to announce ARCADE, a cloud-connected loop synthesizer with new content every day. Like a Netflix or Hulu for music makers, only Arcade also packs powerful tools to transform loops until they sound like you.

Output has revolutionized a musician’s workflow by eradicating countless folders, websites and file conversions from the search process. Vast and inspiring sonic worlds are delivered directly within Arcade, with audio that always locks to tempo and pitch. Curated loops are delivered in playable kits, already dialed in with 11 effects, customizable sliders and Output’s proprietary modifiers, making it fast to tweak content on the fly.

With respect to every artist’s unique voice, users can also drag and drop their own loops and samples to manipulate them with the same creative tools. Founder and CEO, Gregg Lehrman says “All you have to do is watch someone use Arcade for 5 minutes and you grasp the impact this will have on music production. Our goal from day one has always been to help musicians be creative. I think this is a huge next step in the fulfillment of that vision and can’t wait to hear how it inspires and transforms music.”

For only $10/month and free for the first 100 days, ARCADE is updated with new features, product lines, and loops all the time. Cancel any time and previously built sessions will continue to work play back forever. ARCADE is available now exclusively on output.com.

Product Link: https://output.com/arcade

Walkthrough Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSpDqkikaKg
Output I Outputsounds.com

when I die and be deemed unworthy of being admitted to paradise the devil
will come and say:

" Hi cfanyc. You were so bad during your life on earth that
your punishment is that you will be making music for all eternity
with a loop player. The loops will be provided by random
devils and you will be pressing the playback button.
You will also be paying an eternal subscription fee.
Other cursed souls will be pretending they are "creative"
"producers" and will be role playing to be rocking hard while their finger is stuck
for ever on the playback button. Watch them and cry."

Until that day comes, I can practice and prepare for hell with the closest thing:
ARCADE by Output!

Edit: Deleted. I really shouldn’t be posting material related to Dante’s Inferno and Hell’s inner circle.

Weirdly attractive yet lacking sustenance. Love Output Movement. Even though this is obviously all about the loop packs and the subscription, it would be great to see a version without either of those things, just for shaping sounds.

cfanyc wrote:when I die and be deemed unworthy of being admitted to paradise the devil
will come and say:

" Hi cfanyc. You were so bad during your life on earth that
your punishment is that you will be making music for all eternity
with a loop player. The loops will be provided by random
devils and you will be pressing the playback button.
You will also be paying an eternal subscription fee.
Other cursed souls will be pretending they are "creative"
"producers" and will be role playing to be rocking hard while their finger is stuck
for ever on the playback button. Watch them and cry."

Until that day comes, I can practice and prepare for hell with the closest thing:
ARCADE by Output!

Hahaha coffee spill moment

Cheers
Jed

cfanyc wrote:...you will be making music for all eternity with a loop player. The loops will be provided by random devils and you will be pressing the playback button...
Yeah.. I really don't understand what type of "artist", these kinds of products are targeting.

Hypernode.. now this. :neutral:

You can do this already with ableton drum racks with simpler.

handed wrote:Edit: Deleted. I really shouldn’t be posting material related to Dante’s Inferno and Hell’s inner circle.

Weirdly attractive yet lacking sustenance. Love Output Movement. Even though this is obviously all about the loop packs and the subscription, it would be great to see a version without either of those things, just for shaping sounds.
You can use your own samples.

Yep. But $10 a month is a strange proposition for someone who only wants to use it that way.

When i heard "subscribtion" turned the video off.

Elektronisch wrote:When i heard "subscribtion" turned the video off.
Yup. Zero interest in subscriptions.

jackmazzotti wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:When i heard "subscribtion" turned the video off.
Yup. Zero interest in subscriptions.
Same here. I will not buy any subscription based plugin, with the exception of a pay-to-own scheme that allows you to purchase only what you need, not the entire catalog.

How does this compare to Native Instruments Sounds
(which seems to stay in Beta forever obviously)?

outputsounds wrote:After years in the making, Output Inc. is ecstatic to announce ARCADE, a cloud-connected loop synthesizer with new content every day. Like a Netflix or Hulu for music makers, only Arcade also packs powerful tools to transform loops until they sound like you.

Output has revolutionized a musician’s workflow by eradicating countless folders, websites and file conversions from the search process. Vast and inspiring sonic worlds are delivered directly within Arcade, with audio that always locks to tempo and pitch. Curated loops are delivered in playable kits, already dialed in with 11 effects, customizable sliders and Output’s proprietary modifiers, making it fast to tweak content on the fly.

With respect to every artist’s unique voice, users can also drag and drop their own loops and samples to manipulate them with the same creative tools. Founder and CEO, Gregg Lehrman says “All you have to do is watch someone use Arcade for 5 minutes and you grasp the impact this will have on music production. Our goal from day one has always been to help musicians be creative. I think this is a huge next step in the fulfillment of that vision and can’t wait to hear how it inspires and transforms music.”

For only $10/month and free for the first 100 days, ARCADE is updated with new features, product lines, and loops all the time. Cancel any time and previously built sessions will continue to work play back forever. ARCADE is available now exclusively on output.com.

Product Link: https://output.com/arcade

Walkthrough Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSpDqkikaKg
One question about the sub - if you cancel you say you can keep using what you already used in 'sessions'. What exactly does that mean? Now it could be very specific and literal, ie it only lets you load what you are using in a particular project (ie stores the samples with the project presumably) but not create new projects, or it could be taken to mean you can still use what you have already downloaded but not download anything new, which would imply though that this would include in new projects?

Then there is the question of your own samples, can you continue to use those even though you have cancelled and again is this just what you have already used in specific projects or in new ones too?

Oh and what if you move to a different computer, or reinstall the OS or something like that?

I dont know what to feel about this product. It looks more like Dance Ejay in a DAW. And from video overview it seems like this is what it is, premade song phrases. Who is this product for aimed really? because you can just buy loops and manipulate them in a daw. Maybe for "producers" who want to impress something by pressing a key to let to hear the phrase?

I really feel very skeptic about this. Alot of output "engine" products for kontakt are cool in one or another way and very usable, but this yeah who is it aimed at for really? :)

Such a shame what's happened to Output. Their first product Rev was so well conceived and executed, very musical, and its been downhill ever since. This surely represents a new low.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”