Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also have Analog Strings and Movement and they are both fantastic, although I wish Movement had a few more interesting multi FX (and worked as a NKS FX); Analog Brass & Winds looks very interesting too.

noiseboyuk wrote:Such a shame what's happened to Output. Their first product Rev was so well conceived and executed, very musical, and its been downhill ever since. This surely represents a new low.
+1

I have strings, signal, vocal and bass Kompact packs + Movement (now free as apart of a bundle with a £70 AudioboxiOne!) but this one is of no interest what so ever (even if it wasnt subscription), I doint realy know who nit is aimed at, there are so many plugs and DAWS that do this already and many millions of free loops to mangle!

Would have been a fun Xmas freebe or way of auditioning Output soundpacks/products.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:I have strings, signal, vocal and bass Kompact packs + Movement (now free as apart of a bundle with a £70 AudioboxiOne!) but this one is of no interest what so ever (even if it wasnt subscription), I doint realy know who nit is aimed at, there are so many plugs and DAWS that do this already and many millions of free loops to mangle!

Would have been a fun Xmas freebe or way of auditioning Output soundpacks/products.
...and what grates is their marketing is out of control. I had some eye-rolling email a week or two ago saying that the whole way the industry works is about to change or something.

And here it is. Loops.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Yeh, playing back loops changed about 6 months ago....

https://www.loopcloud.net/loopcloud-about

FREE, No Subscription, more sounds then anyone else, pay only for what you use and choose to buy....

That's how it should be :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

If only Outputs products were as good as their branding.

noiseboyuk wrote: ...and what grates is their marketing is out of control. I had some eye-rolling email a week or two ago saying that the whole way the industry works is about to change or something.

And here it is. Loops.
Yeah, but it'll also control carbon emissions, reduce wealth inequality and stop all violence in the Middle East. Stop being so negative.

Technically the Loopmasters thing just gets you sound packs that you bought from them plus a random group of samples from their labels every week, but it is free. There is no instrument - just a previewer. Noiz is a subscription but gets you all of their content plus a few multi-sampled instruments.

Signal by Output is also an excellent product.

I won't buy into a subscription. If Output comes up with a cool instrument that can do things with my own recordings - samples and loops or whatever - then I will be more interested.

I think Output is trying to figure out what to do. Maybe there is marketing info that told them the cloud-based loopy instrument subscription thing has more promise. Maybe we are not the target demographic.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Play it. I did. It's free for 3 months. And it's that good. Loops are just building blocks. Everything starts from there. Change, adapt, mangle. And add your own.

Fleer wrote:Play it. I did. It's free for 3 months. And it's that good. Loops are just building blocks. Everything starts from there. Change, adapt, mangle. And add your own.
Nice to see someone on KVR with something positive to say for once. :hihi:

I'm gonna try it out now. :tu:

It's neat imho, good sounds etc. Unfortunately its super crashy, I've been playing with
it for a day and it has crashed every host nearly every time. At this point it isn't worth
anything. Not to mention dodgy downloads, everything craps out after downloading
1/2 way, you have to try quite a few times to retrieve anything.
Last edited by pekbro on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very nice software! I've only messed around with it for a few minutes but I love it already. I'll bet many of the people complaining in this thread never even gave it a chance. :roll: It can do a lot of cool things that I've only had the chance to brush the surface. Looking forward to playing around with this more tonight when I've got more time! :D

pekbro wrote:It's neat imho, good sounds etc. Unfortunately its super crashy, I've been playing with
it for a day and it has crashed every host nearly every time. At this point it isn't worth
anything.
They'll iron out the bugs soon enough. :tu:

Russell Grand wrote:
pekbro wrote:It's neat imho, good sounds etc. Unfortunately its super crashy, I've been playing with
anything.
Yup, in about 100 days
:wink:

SLiC wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:
anything.
Yup, in about 100 days
:wink:
:lol:

Russell Grand wrote:Very nice software! I've only messed around with it for a few minutes but I love it already. I'll bet many of the people complaining in this thread never even gave it a chance. :roll: It can do a lot of cool things that I've only had the chance to brush the surface. Looking forward to playing around with this more tonight when I've got more time! :D
I like it got a response from Output about a few q's I had

If you cancel your subscription you will not be able to drag in your own loops and use the engine. It will only playback your previous work (including animations and FXs). There is currently no way to separate outs for each loop and resize the GUI but we are working on many new features that should be available soon!

To set up a new path for your downloads, you can head to the Main Page and click on the 3 dots on the top right. From there, click on account then on the content storage folder and you will be able to choose a new location on your computer or external hard drive.

No crashes here, seems to be more windows related.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “Instruments”