Output - Introducing ARCADE: A playable loop synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

woodsdenis wrote:...
If you cancel your subscription you will not be able to drag in your own loops and use the engine...
wtaf... :?

Thought that was likely

Not a single crash here (Logic Pro El Capitan).

It works ok, it just crashes often when you try to change something, load something
or even close the UI. It also exhibits heavy cpu use at times, enough to halt Reason.
Anyway, yes this is under windows and consistent across multiple hosts.

In any event, even if it were working perfectly for me, I'm thinking $120 per year
is way to steep for this. I've got a reminder on my calendar to cancel, tbh that's
looking pretty likely. Unless they can come up with quite a bit more by then. :shrug:

So where are the files that we download at? I placed the data folder onto another hard drive, but I can't find any wave files after I download sounds, are the files not accessible in a folder structure for users to manipulate out of Arcade?

Also if we cancel, we won't get charged at a later date correct?

Nevermind, yeh that was a waste of time. Nothing personal or anything, but I'd rather download a sample pack then to use these cloud sources. Good luck with it :tu:
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

trusampler wrote:So where are the files that we download at? I placed the data folder onto another hard drive, but I can't find any wave files after I download sounds, are the files not accessible in a folder structure for users to manipulate out of Arcade?
These are not wave files, but some proprietary format.

firepile wrote:
trusampler wrote:So where are the files that we download at? I placed the data folder onto another hard drive, but I can't find any wave files after I download sounds, are the files not accessible in a folder structure for users to manipulate out of Arcade?
These are not wave files, but some proprietary format.
This is why Arcade will be useless to you unless you keep subscribing....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

pekbro wrote:It works ok, it just crashes often when you try to change something, load something
or even close the UI. It also exhibits heavy cpu use at times, enough to halt Reason.
Anyway, yes this is under windows and consistent across multiple hosts.
How is this "works ok"? :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Is this like the bundled Cubase plugin, Loopmash?

starflakeprj wrote: How is this "works ok"? :)
Yeah, I should have qualified that with the word 'sometimes'. They have
been moving along pretty well in the area of adding content. Downloading
has improved somewhat as well. Stability remains a serious issue for me.

...Well is would be serious if I cared at all.
humpo72 wrote:Is this like the bundled Cubase plugin, Loopmash?
Not really, it reminds me of Elastik from Ueberschall and the way they use samples.
At least from what I've tried (demo). Anyway, similar, just not nearly as good IMHO.

I tried it and loved it. Problem is, the GUI is way too small for me to actually get into comfortably using any of the editing features. I'm using a 27 inch 1920 x 1080 display and I have to go real close to it to get a half ass view of what I'm doing there. Not really into that. It's a shame because Arcade has some very cool features and their content is awesome. It's also great that Output made their synth and effects engine available for use by the masses. It killed me to unsubscribe to Arcade because the value of it is extremely high, but I just can't stand it when developers make plugins loaded with lot's of features, but are made small, and cannot be resized so I can comfortably use them. It was the same crap with Izotope Neutron and I never pulled the trigger on that one either. That's definitely a plugin that needed to go full screen or at least 150% for sure. I can't imagine why developers continue to do this in the year 2018.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughtful and honest feedback!

To address some of the crashes - we've released a series of minor updates addressing various bugs and crashes since launching Arcade back in June. Please make sure that you're using the latest version by clicking the menu button in the top right corner and viewing the version number at the bottom of the screen. The latest version is v1.0.4. To find a download of the latest installer, head over to https://output.com/account/downloads

Another rare cause for crashes that we've seen is caused by a user's firewall. You might try adding your DAW to the list of exceptions for your firewall.

We're going to continue addressing bugs and crashes on a very regular basis with updates, so please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team with specific reports of crashes and bugs. We're committed to keeping Arcade useful and inspiring.

Thanks again for using Arcade!
Output I Outputsounds.com

I'm interested in textures and rhytmic textures and such, so it looks good from that point of view. However, that you cannot use it with your own samples if you don't pay a monthly fee is a big "philosophical" no. And it also means that you cannot re-use the samples you have already used while you were subscribing.

If it was sold as an instrument it would change this dead end. For instance, there would be buying the instrument at $120 and would include one year of access to samples. After these 12 months, since you bought an instrument, you can either subscribe for more samples or just leave it as is. In the latter case you would be totally free to use your samples as well as re-use the ones you got with the buying of the instrument. And then 6 months later or whenever if you wish more samples, you could subscribe.

In that way it would keep the company on its toes to produce competitive samples as well as processing algorithms for their instrument.

At least with this way would not feel a similar nasty feeling of being charged 18% interest by a credit card company. :D

I think it will be "wait and see" for now.

I am using the trial option and it does sound a very nice synth, the only problem I am having is the high cpu usage in Ableton :(

Return to “Instruments”