Which u-he product to use the newsletter voucher on?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zvenx wrote:Part of your answer is on the website:
(* When Urs started the shop back in 2002, the Euro was so new that he decided to quote prices in USD. Today it makes more sense for a European company to choose the Euro, including VAT, as new legislation urges us to do that. We could have devised a technical solution, but that wouldn't have been easy. Besides, we would rather spend the time developing plug-ins!)

Quite frankly u-he synths are imho underpriced. Yes I said it, the original versions usually sound better than most if not all competitors, then you also get years of free add ons, extra patches etc that many if not most other developers charge you for.
Not to mention he always have a pre-release discount.

Think of it as a price increase......To me 15% more they still are more than worth it, if they dont' for you, well then don't...
rsp
I totally get the U-He love. Fitlerscape was my first VST instrument. Diva was the only synth I used for years. Repro is great and I was planning of getting Color Copy, Bazille and Zebra.

If you read my posts carefully, I’m not trying to be an a$$hole. I’m just stating a fact.

And quite frankly, whether anyone thinks they’re overpriced for themselves isn’t the issue at all. What’s expensive for me can be cheap for you.

But whatever, I’ve said what I have to say, even apologized to Urs about making what seems to be a bad (but reasonable) assumption I made. At this point in my life, I’m not so casual with money like I used to be, and don’t like the idea of paying tax when I’m not legally obliged to. And if he’s losing money on the thing, it does not seem like a good business decision.

Stefken wrote:The dinosaur crossgrade is a ...crossgrade.

You already got the crossgrade so if you can't combine you are actually saying the coupon is not valid for Zebra 2.
Excuse me for having a stupid question but what is Dinosaur? :D ..I been on Uhe website looking for anything called dinosaur but I could not find anything. I am just curious if I missed something interesting.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:

You already got the crossgrade so if you can't combine you are actually saying the coupon is not valid for Zebra 2.
Excuse me for having a stupid question but what is Dinosaur? :D ..I been on Uhe website looking for anything called dinosaur but I could not find anything. I am just curious if I missed something interesting.
https://u-he.com/products/zebra2/zebra2-crossgrade.html
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
ATN69 wrote:

Thanks for sharing :D ..now I know what's going on.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Most welcome.
Rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
ATN69 wrote:

That Korg in the trash bin always cracks me the F up :lol:

I finally decided on Bazille over Diva, based on what I suspect
or guess are FM sound characteristics, but Bazille's clear high tones,
thumping bass, and rambling-wreck distortions and crunch,
however created, couldn't be passed up. Kinda like
being on vacation, and you hear Irina, Candice, and Nina say,
'Hey, who wants to go for a swim?' :hyper: :hihi: :hyper:

Thanks to all those who voted for the coupon, at corporate
headquarters, and if any didn't, may they enjoy some
long lonely coding hours in the mysterious yet
productive U-he :evil: dungeons :evil:
Cheers

glokraw wrote:couldn't be passed up. Kinda like
being on vacation, and you hear Irina, Candice, and Nina say,
'Hey, who wants to go for a swim?' :hyper: :hihi: :hyper:
:lol: :harp: :party:

perpetual3 wrote:Urs, I already apologized for this post above after someone said you will be losing money over all. In this case, I don’t understand what’s going on to force you to change how you price your products.
Sorry, I didn't see your other post.

We have researched alternatives to ShareIt several times, and there's simply none which is located within the EU, accepts as many payment methods and currencies, does the tax thing, has such a low fee, great fraud protection, sells everywhere and what not. The whole matter has nothing much to do with ShareIt though, it's a question of showing the final price (post taxes) on the website. We're obliged to do that. A technical solution with geotracking and fraud prevention is completely out of reach at this time (for instance, web design guy quit a month ago, new web design guy is not yet there and will have many other things to attend to first). A one-price-fits-all scheme is the easiest and - to my understanding - fairest solution. If prices go up, then, take it as a raise for adding the new preset browser, or, in case of Zebra or Filterscape, to compensate for 10 years of inflation (what was an expensive price back then is a quite moderate price today).

Again, we do think we'll take a hit in revenue. I can not prove it right now, of course, but it's quite obvious we will. We already took a massive hit due to the GDPR newsletter re-signup. Our newsletter used to generate 10% of our annual revenue, and the resubscription thing slashed that in half. This is why we're doing the Newsletter Special now. To bring the newsletter back on track and to give us a bit of security until we can compensate for those hits with new products and updates.

- U

recursive one wrote:
Urs wrote:The current beta in our company forum vastly extends the modulation system with additional modifiers, and we're working on even more.
Will it include the possibility to use the osillators as modulation sources?

Also I've read in an another thread that you are going to expand the set of oscilltor waveforms in Hive, are these going to be just additional static waveforms, or there going be some waveform morphing?

I'm also thinking where to use my voucher, since there are not many U-He products which I don't own yet, I'm considering Hive.
The oscillators won't be mod sources per sé, but we do have ideas for some sort of interaction between main oscs and sub oscs. New waveforms have priority over that though, meaning it's not set in stone yet.

As for waveforms we're exploring several paths: Static waveforms, possibly user definable (.wav), vector synthesis and a technical solution to morph between two static waveforms which is a lot more interesting sounding than just a crossfade. Latter is a bit of a moving target and may not be available for realtime processing - if it ever works at all, the way I thought it out. We'll see, one thing or the other should definitely be possible and there's loads of other ideas for future additions as well.

In any case, I'm determined to soup up Hive's waveform department quite a bit in the next two months. With some luck it'll be visible before the voucher expires, otherwise at least in final planning stages. So if Hive is what you're looking at, but you wanna see where it goes, there's plenty of time. If you ask me in mid August, we should definitely be able to say where it's heading.

Urs wrote:As for waveforms we're exploring several paths: Static waveforms, possibly user definable (.wav), vector synthesis and a technical solution to morph between two static waveforms which is a lot more interesting sounding than just a crossfade. Latter is a bit of a moving target and may not be available for realtime processing - if it ever works at all, the way I thought it out. We'll see, one thing or the other should definitely be possible and there's loads of other ideas for future additions as well.
Aah so that was your idea from that wavetable synth thread the other day - .wav waveform import into Hive. I never thought of Hive as a candidate for that, I thought it was a potential idea for Zebra3. Very clever to try it out in Hive. Use the bees as guinea-pigs. :tu:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Urs wrote:
antic604 wrote:Hive for me sounds overly simplistic and without specific character.
Hehehe, let me wholeheartedly disagree. Hive has the best modulation system out of all our synths. Granted, it isn't super duper audio rate like ACE/Bazille, but it is extremely powerful. There are so many surprises among the presets, especially in terms of playability and "How the f* did they do that?!?", I don't think "overly simplistic" is a fair characterisation. The current beta in our company forum vastly extends the modulation system with additional modifiers, and we're working on even more.

We will change the whole "Super Fast - Super Sounds" mumbo jumbo about it in the next couple of months. I think people will see Hive with different eyes once we're done with the 1.2 update 8)
Right, I wasn't meaning that in a negative way. Probably a better word would be 'streamlined' because the interface of Hive makes it look much simpler - and thus less powerful - than Zebra or Bazille, so the comment was in comparison to those synths, rather than an absolute one :) From what I heard Hive sounds great indeed, very versatile and is a real alternative to other one-page synths like Sylenth1, Synthmaster One or Ana2. But like with Zebra before 2.9 I also don't like the looks of it - it appears 'toy-like', especially the bottom zone that resembles Fathom synth (yuck...). I know it shouldn't matter, but it does to me - the design of the synth plays big role in how inspired I feel when using it. Read in your further comments about new modulations and waveforms, I will watch it closely and maybe get it one day.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote:resembles
Pssst... Hive predates that synth :clown:

Urs wrote:
antic604 wrote:resembles
Pssst... Hive predates that synth :clown:
:D

Anyway, I wasn't aware Hive is skinable (viewtopic.php?f=31&t=483592&p=7009318&h ... n#p7009318) which actually makes the biggest gripe I had with it go away... "Good" that the codes cannot be used multiple times, but it definitely goes into my shopping cart next time around!
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Thanks for the info, Urs!
Urs wrote: The oscillators won't be mod sources per sé, but we do have ideas for some sort of interaction between main oscs and sub oscs.
I always appreciate when subtractive/wavetable synths have some options for osc interaction, typically simple FM. E.g. the infamous Virus "pos triangle" FM, i doubt it even runs at audio rate but it does sound good. The "ripping" psytrance leads and also all kinds of bells, mallets, metallic sounds. Btw, Bazille is also very good at all this stuff.

Other aspect of osc as mod source is filter FM but probably Hive's filters weren't designed for that?
Urs wrote: As for waveforms we're exploring several paths: Static waveforms, possibly user definable (.wav), vector synthesis and a technical solution to morph between two static waveforms which is a lot more interesting sounding than just a crossfade. Latter is a bit of a moving target and may not be available for realtime processing - if it ever works at all, the way I thought it out. We'll see, one thing or the other should definitely be possible and there's loads of other ideas for future additions as well.
If anything, I would opt for a solution that allows realtime morphing, something that could be controlled by an LFO or envelope. Even if a simple crossfade, I guess it may be not the most interesting goal from the programming POW but it may be a simple and CPU efficient way to provide variety of good sounding results, if the waveforms are carefully chosen and the interpolation algorithms are good. Yet again (sorry, I know you hate this synth :oops: ) Virus classic osillator, as well as the same thing in Spire. I think this could fit the Hive concept, providing variety of good sounds with minimum effort and moderate CPU use.

And I while we are at it, what about a vowel filter at some point? I just love these :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”