Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
THE INTRANCER
KVRist

464 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Postby THE INTRANCER; Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:55 pm UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

In the past few weeks, my evenings have been occupied with a few things but one of them is this... It's been a while since I last modded one of UHE's synths, but in case you don't otherwise know... it can be quite a long and tedious process with figuring out what GUI element references what piece of script, breaking it all down, understanding what value references what etc and by how much... and that's before even thinking about the design.

I see designs posted by others, often they are just photo-shopped interfaces with different colours or design elements created whilst others I see go to extremes in the other direction with a pure focus on functionality but lack a pleasing design to match it.

For me though.. I take a straight down the road approach and to try and figure out what I see wrong with a design and if it's worth spending time trying to do something about it, and that's before even going near any code or photoshop.

I've used Zebrallete for many years in my music but always felt it was just too over the top, not very well thought out, pretty tacky in choice of colours... but thankfully UHE allows you to do something about that...but it does involve time. More recently I finally finalised the re-skinning of UHE's Hive I started last year and worked out how to fix some graphical issues.

As for the image above... I'd just want to point out that the lower panel elements are cascaded.
I'll be including some different colour templates in the set.
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 27 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect
highkoo
KVRAF

3737 posts since 25 Jun, 2004

Postby highkoo; Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:07 pm Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

Excellent! Thanks!
I still love it. This will be a nice change.
ImageImage Image
Halonmusic
KVRian

1408 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:33 pm Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

Sweet! I will buy this for shure :)
- 32bit for Life, 32bit Forever -
Dasheesh
KVRAF

2558 posts since 22 Nov, 2012

Postby Dasheesh; Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:18 am Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

PURPLE! :clap:

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with Hive for sure! Give us a link to find it. :hyper:
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16468 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:45 am Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

Too much empty space IMHO.
glokraw
KVRAF

6455 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:47 am Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

Empty space is always a valuable commodity, I would like
gui's with unused space to be refactored into crucial text labels
being larger, for easier reading, with a large gui scaled to
80%, for example. That giant slab of wood-grained formica
featured in...oh wait, there's a coupon deal now...shhh :wink:

It seems some gui designs expect 20 year-olds with perfect vision.
They won't have that vision for long, unless they choose
scalable gui's, and monitor sizes that will minimize eyestrain
Some nice plugins still have a tiny set of preset selector widgets,
I made a box for my mouse, that holds it elevated
so it can't be nudged off the little arcade target,
when auditioning a large number of sounds.

I look forward to trying your new Zebralette design.
I like the standard 2.8 version at 140%, very readable.
But I prefer your varied colors, based on the early mockup.
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers
Dasheesh
KVRAF

Postby Dasheesh; Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:34 pm Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

I’m just here for the purple.
_al_
KVRist

260 posts since 28 Oct, 2014

Postby _al_; Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:06 pm Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

You not doing this for Zebra? I want that black and purple for my bass synths.
Russell Grand
KVRian

1081 posts since 22 May, 2017

Postby Russell Grand; Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:21 pm Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

EvilDragon wrote:Too much empty space IMHO.

Agreed.
I'm still interested in this mod though, excess negative space or not.
Russell Grand
KVRian

1081 posts since 22 May, 2017

Postby Russell Grand; Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:24 pm Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

Halonmusic wrote:Sweet! I will buy this for shure :)

It says "will be available for free" in the original post graphic. :tu:
Local Man
KVRist

203 posts since 30 May, 2017

Postby Local Man; Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:07 pm Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

Usually I feel like these kinds of things are a silly waste of time, but this looks very nice and is a big improvement over the original. Nice work!
Halonmusic
KVRian

1408 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:03 pm Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

Russell Grand wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Sweet! I will buy this for shure :)

It says "will be available for free" in the original post graphic. :tu:

Me and my old eyes :hihi:
- 32bit for Life, 32bit Forever -
THE INTRANCER
KVRist

464 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Postby THE INTRANCER; Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:11 pm Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

Well it's been over a day since my last post, but just to pick on some points and give an update to what I've been up to in that period with this project...

First off, I've not touched the scripting code and moved anything about, which means that I'm pretty happy with how it is in addition to the restraints I've had to work around to make it look and feel comfortable and organised to use. Without enlarging the actual dimensions of the instrument itself, I wanted the GUI to be more open, maximizing the use of usable space I could use and using what is known as white space to effectively separate elements... Unlike in a program Reaktor, you can't just pick up an object and move it around by hand, and with graphics, it's not quite as easy as adding more graphic elements like separation lines in certain places and thinking that will work in practice as things can show through where you don't want them. GUI glitches can occur whilst selecting menu items that affect any additional labels you've add to the script...This is just a small insight into the design of things, and what I'm continually aware of and discovering over the years.

Speaking of designs, I've currently created and assembled another 40 or so .png template overlay styles that one can select from both in colour and gray scale which should be interesting theme wise.
___

"You not doing this for Zebra? I want that black and purple for my bass synths."

I don't have the paid version of Zebra.. which is Zebra2...which is I'm aware of also available to edit, but as it's not something that I'm able to use, there isn't really any practical benefit to me modifying and creating a new GUI for really. I also have ZebraCM, which I don't use generally. Creating a new GUI design for that is a real possibility in the future, but not right now I don't think.. Bazille, the computer music version I did update but only to remove the CM logo.. and the other free UHE instruments I've not done anything with as of yet.

The latest version of the redesign HIVE, the keyboard section is different from the one in the video I created last year as shown... here.

For the video of the Hive redesign I created.. you can check that out here. :)
There is also a blue sea themed version also but it's not shown.
THE INTRANCER-Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist - Orchestral Trance - Ambient - Film Scores | Soundcloud 27 | Soundclick 16 | Producing Music For 25+Years & Sound Monitoring FOH at UK Stadium/Festivals for Carl Cox, FatBoy Slim ect
Dasheesh
KVRAF

Postby Dasheesh; Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:10 am Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

No purple. :(
ENV1
KVRAF

2268 posts since 31 Aug, 2011

Postby ENV1; Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:38 am Re: UHE's Zebrallete Redesign By The Intrancer - Available Soon

Plugin name is misspelled.

Too many L, not enough T.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments