GSI VB3-II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VB3 VB3-II

At the moment I own VB3 v1.4 NI Vintage Organs. I've been trying the demo version of VB3-II and GG Audio Blue3 and have been comparing them to VB3-1.4 and Vintage Organs. Whilst VB3-II does sound very good I've been most impressed with Blue3's overall sound. I have also been impressed with the demos I've heard of AcousticSamples B5 but sadly there's no demo to download and try :(

Has anyone compared Blue3 to B5?

Hi! I've been giving it a test ride and the sound with a slow rotary is awesome. Better than the VB3 1.4. For me the issue happens when you hit the fast rotary... it sounds more like a vox continental than a hammond. Like too much vibrato or something. I don't know if it's the reverb or what. The VB3-I with the original Leslie 147 (not the fixed speed... that doesn't sound good) sounds more realistic. More 3D if you will.

I compared the quality of both of them and the Blue3 with the hammond from Tony Monaco's video "I'll remember jimmy". In that context, the Blue3 won the full drawbars + fast leslie race but the VB3s have a more beautiful sound overall.

For me it's VB3 > Blue3 > VB3-II.

I'll keep testing.

Did you try adjusting the horn/bass speeds in Amp & FX page?

EvilDragon wrote:Did you try adjusting the horn/bass speeds in Amp & FX page?
I have... but it doesn't feel right, imho, so for now I'll stick with the original.

Spitfire31 wrote:A couple of months ago, gg-audio.com was looking for beta testers for their "upcoming version 2.0" of Blue 3.

The intrigue is tightening… ;-)

/Joachim
This is very interesting to hear! Blue 3 is already a great organ VST and I’m currently torn with buying it or B5!?
If GG Audio are able to improve Blue 3 it would be incredible!

dickiefunk wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:A couple of months ago, gg-audio.com was looking for beta testers for their "upcoming version 2.0" of Blue 3.

/Joachim
This is very interesting to hear! Blue 3 is already a great organ VST and I’m currently torn with buying it or B5!?
I can't imagine how they'd improve it- I think Blue 3 is perfect already. :love:

SMH wrote:
dickiefunk wrote:

/Joachim
I can't imagine how they'd improve it- I think Blue 3 is perfect already. :love:
There’s a new version coming soon, so I guess we’ll see :party: .

Twrogstudio wrote:
SMH wrote:
dickiefunk wrote:

/Joachim
There’s a new version coming soon, so I guess we’ll see :party: .
:tu:

What an amazing time for Hammond fans!

waltercruz wrote:What an amazing time for Hammond fans!
Agreed ! :tu:

- Jay

Well, yes and no. This reminds of Segal's Law; "A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure." I have too many Hammond plug-ins already. I may favor one particular VST but that doesn't mean it is closer to the original. Having said that, VB3-II has not really impressed me yet, but Blue3 sounds interesting to me more and more.

I like Blue3 a lot!
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

I guess that Segal's Law applies to me, too. ;-)

But having owned a tonewheel Hammond M100 with a 147 (I think it was) for decades and now a MOJO, I feel comfortably 'at home' with Guido's new VB3 II. It is a real Hammond, to me at least. As someone commented, it sounds more 'up front' than some of the others and it suits me to a T. :love:

That said, there are some tweaks to be done in a dot update, I feel. It's not very elegant to have the settings pages hide behind the main window when called up, for instance.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I have them in demo mode. Soundwise they seem pretty different, I'm definitely not a B3 expert but I really like them both, maybe VB3-II slightly more.
Then, if I look at them globally as "products", Blue3 gets placed way above in my opinion. Although VB3-II allows for more in depth tweaking, the interface from Blue3 seems to have been laid out way more thoughtfully and I find this to be more and more important for user experience as time passes by.
The included rotary plugin from Blue3 is also a big plus for me.
The price difference (although not so big) could also be a factor for some users.

This is great news. i was hoping he would finally update VB3. Money is tight, but I think I'm going to have to get this. Now, he needs to update his Wurly...

Return to “Instruments”