Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
jasinski
KVRian

587 posts since 19 Oct, 2003, from Seattle

Postby jasinski; Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:15 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

J.Ruegg wrote:Yeah, but full bucket synths are sooooooo low on cpu that you can stack about 80 instances and get a very fat sound 8) .
I might try to break the instance count record... again.

Surely you're a mad man!
Eauson
KVRian

635 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:44 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

jasinski wrote:
J.Ruegg wrote:Yeah, but full bucket synths are sooooooo low on cpu that you can stack about 80 instances and get a very fat sound 8) .
I might try to break the instance count record... again.

Surely you're a mad man!

And there's me calling him Barbara or Babs for short :oops:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
schiing
KVRist

146 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Postby schiing; Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:42 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

I'm having some fun with this one! I've challenged myself not to use any mix effects at all, just an eq and a limiter on the master for balance and loudness.

The sounds blend together really nicely so far - no eq clusters, very pure. The only thing I think may be a problem is to find enough material for the 1.5 - 6K area. But I'll get there!

And I'm sorry, Jasinski - I promised you some soft rock this round, but I simply don't think the Scroo has it in him/her! But I'm in the right area - the rhythm section plays out like a blue-eyed soul backing track at the moment.
Eauson
KVRian

Postby Eauson; Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:32 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

schiing wrote:I'm having some fun with this one! I've challenged myself not to use any mix effects at all, just an eq and a limiter on the master for balance and loudness.

The sounds blend together really nicely so far - no eq clusters, very pure. The only thing I think may be a problem is to find enough material for the 1.5 - 6K area.

Aghh, I was trying the same thing, but I think I have failed, trying to do a Detroit techno track has caused me some real problems and Boz botd came out, might still manage it though :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
Music Bird
KVRist

47 posts since 23 Apr, 2017, from Eastern US

Postby Music Bird; Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:34 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

I’m getting the scrooo right now!
Gear
Casio and Yamaha keyboards (including MX49)
iPad
Soon getting
iPad Air
M-Audio Keystation II 61 (to control iPad and JP-08).
Roland JP-08
For my birthday.
doctorbob
KVRian

1099 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Postby doctorbob; Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:36 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

This is a fun synth …

Going to do a Beach Boys "tribute"! Well, it is summer ... :D

dB
schiing
KVRist

Postby schiing; Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:50 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Hey, first one up this time!! Here's my OSC submission for July. :D

https://soundcloud.com/terjefjelde/so-you-like-my-modem

No mix effects AT ALL this time, not even eq - just a standard eq and a limiter on the master bus for overall tonal balance and loudness. Very easy to work with Scroo in this manner - I actually think it sounds a lot fatter than many other synths sans fx. Thanks, Full Bucket!

I tried to keep all elements pretty lo-fi to make a coherent statement, although I guess the music style is mostly pretty smooth.

Nothing at all to hide behind here - it's PURE SCROO!

DAW: Studio One Professional 3.5
Scroo's: 32, all from scratch
Master chain: ProEQ -> Limiter6

Loudness, etc.
EBU R-128 -12.3 / Range (10.6)
Global RMS (AES) (-11.9)
BPM: 112
Recorded: July 1-5, 2018
Mixdown: July 5, 2018
Eauson
KVRian

Postby Eauson; Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:47 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

schiing wrote:Hey, first one up this time!! Here's my OSC submission for July. :D

https://soundcloud.com/terjefjelde/so-you-like-my-modem

No mix effects AT ALL this time, not even eq - just a standard eq and a limiter on the master bus for overall tonal balance and loudness. Very easy to work with Scroo in this manner - I actually think it sounds a lot fatter than many other synths sans fx. Thanks, Full Bucket!

I tried to keep all elements pretty lo-fi to make a coherent statement, although I guess the music style is mostly pretty smooth.

Nothing at all to hide behind here - it's PURE SCROO!

DAW: Studio One Professional 3.5
Scroo's: 32, all from scratch
Master chain: ProEQ -> Limiter6

Loudness, etc.
EBU R-128 -12.3 / Range (10.6)
Global RMS (AES) (-11.9)
BPM: 112
Recorded: July 1-5, 2018
Mixdown: July 5, 2018

Why you, grrrr....

Ha, this is really cool, I've just got up had a listen and now, i m gonna wait til the end of the month to submit :D
Eauson
KVRian

Postby Eauson; Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:47 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Okay, so I am trying to play chords and I am getting a click on them, as if the release is not completeing and causes a click, if I turn down release its not there. I know I could make another version of sound and reduce release, just wondering of anyone else is finding this?
Add edit +
Is there a way to retrig the env1? As attempt at another version just doesn't sound right.
Add edit +
Its more noticeable when LFO 2 retrig is on, which I only have on amp 1 centre, it doesn't completely clear up.
Will add more as I find.
schiing
KVRist

Postby schiing; Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:02 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Eauson wrote:Okay, so I am trying to play chords and I am getting a click on them, as if the release is not completeing and causes a click, if I turn down release its not there. I know I could make another version of sound and reduce release, just wondering of anyone else is finding this?

I don't know how pertinent this is to your particular issue, but I had some clicking issues with my first sounds. I can't say for sure what caused it, but as soon as I made a habit of keeping all three envelopes at fairly similar slopes (and never at 0), even though I was only working with the volume envelope, my problems vanished. Just as a starting point, mind you - I had no problems with wildly different slopes as the programming progressed. I don't know whether the clicking was caused by a problem with my workflow or the instrument - when I found a solution, I never looked back. :D
Eauson
KVRian

Postby Eauson; Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:26 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

schiing wrote:
Eauson wrote:Okay, so I am trying to play chords and I am getting a click on them, as if the release is not completeing and causes a click, if I turn down release its not there. I know I could make another version of sound and reduce release, just wondering of anyone else is finding this?

I don't know how pertinent this is to your particular issue, but I had some clicking issues with my first sounds. I can't say for sure what caused it, but as soon as I made a habit of keeping all three envelopes at fairly similar slopes (and never at 0), even though I was only working with the volume envelope, my problems vanished. Just as a starting point, mind you - I had no problems with wildly different slopes as the programming progressed. I don't know whether the clicking was caused by a problem with my workflow or the instrument - when I found a solution, I never looked back. :D[/quoteD

Thanks shiing, will have a look at end, I tend to always stay away from zero on attack stage, will see if I can solve it using some midi techniques as it occurs on a lot of my sounds, I have an extended bass that only clicks on the 3rd note played :(
Will see what I find :D
schiing
KVRist

Postby schiing; Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:38 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

schiing wrote:No mix effects AT ALL this time, not even eq - just a standard eq and a limiter on the master bus for overall tonal balance and loudness.

Okay - full disclosure: I was playing around with some stuff today, and I *had* to squeeze in a very subtle WA Tube Sat Free between the eq and the limiter on the master. It was a perfect match for this track - just, yummy – delicious! :party:

Still no mix effects, though!
functionform
KVRist

184 posts since 13 May, 2017, from Virginia

Postby functionform; Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:05 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

doctorbob wrote:This is a fun synth …

dB

I'm pretty sure you just won this osc.
functionform
KVRist

184 posts since 13 May, 2017, from Virginia

Postby functionform; Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:07 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Add edit +
Is there a way to retrig the env1? As attempt at another version just doesn't sound right.
Add edit +
Its more noticeable when LFO 2 retrig is on, which I only have on amp 1 centre, it doesn't completely clear up.
Will add more as I find.

I have been able to get some clicks as well, but I can't seem to reproduce them consistently. I stay away from 0 attack also as well as keeping up the polyphony count just in case its voice stealing thats causing it.
doctorbob
KVRian

1099 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Postby doctorbob; Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:11 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

functionform wrote:
doctorbob wrote:This is a fun synth …

dB

I'm pretty sure you just won this osc.

Ah... but this is going to be hard to pull off! Just going to work on getting that "beachboys" sound in their vocal harmonies and then the feel in the arrangement. :tu:

I am NOT doing a cover though, so it'll hopefully be identifiable as "beachboys" :hihi: , but be new! :party:

To work ... :band2:

dB
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments