Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
Eauson
KVRian
 
635 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:24 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

functionform wrote:
Eauson wrote:Okay, so I am trying to play chords and I am getting a click on them, as if the release is not completeing and causes a click, if I turn down release its not there. I know I could make another version of sound and reduce release, just wondering of anyone else is finding this?
Add edit +
Is there a way to retrig the env1? As attempt at another version just doesn't sound right.
Add edit +
Its more noticeable when LFO 2 retrig is on, which I only have on amp 1 centre, it doesn't completely clear up.
Will add more as I find.


I have been able to get some clicks as well, but I can't seem to reproduce them consistently. I stay away from 0 attack also as well as keeping up the polyphony count just in case its voice stealing thats causing it.


Yes, its as weird one, some notes seem to catch a click on lower notes, the shorter percussion types are ok, trying to play a fast chord movement can cause issues, I've started breaking down chords to single instance, like I tried previously on mono fathom, still no joy. I have also turned off all lfo"'s and tried to simplify the patch with mixed results. Oh well, back t the drawing board...
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
User avatar
schiing
KVRist
 
146 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Postby schiing; Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:32 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Eauson, I just remembered: On one of my patches I had some clicking problems that was caused by the pan settings. If they're activated you might want to try resetting them to zero.
Eauson
KVRian
 
635 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:47 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

schiing wrote:Eauson, I just remembered: On one of my patches I had some clicking problems that was caused by the pan settings. If they're activated you might want to try resetting them to zero.


Thanks, I'll give it a go, have mainly used the centre settings as it give a good fast pan effect on pads, hats, percs depending on amount.
I think its going to be trial and error, probably get 100 scrooo's and the track will be really simple, just where the clicks are on their own instance :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
User avatar
Full Bucket
KVRist
 
491 posts since 25 May, 2010, from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Postby Full Bucket; Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:59 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Eauson wrote:[...]the clicks[...]

This was a tough one, but I finally managed to get rid of the clicks. :ud:
Please download the scrooo version 1.2.2.

Cheers, Björn
Eauson
KVRian
 
635 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:49 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Full Bucket wrote:
Eauson wrote:[...]the clicks[...]

This was a tough one, but I finally managed to get rid of the clicks. :ud:
Please download the scrooo version 1.2.2.

Cheers, Björn


Thanks eversomuch: D
:tu: :clap: :party: :phones:
I would add more but :) < v happy √√
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
User avatar
Full Bucket
KVRist
 
491 posts since 25 May, 2010, from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Postby Full Bucket; Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:09 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

No problem, sorry for the inconvenience. :oops:

Cheers, Björn
Eauson
KVRian
 
635 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:30 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Full Bucket wrote:No problem, sorry for the inconvenience. :oops:

Cheers, Björn


Its me who should be :oops: as I have loaded the new version up and on certain sounds now the click is there, when it wasn't before.
I think its the way I have used your wonderful creation and I may have been a total :clown:
Mainly because of what I have tried to make which is a bass driven 4×4 thingamajig.
Aghhh, :help: :pray: 4 da :oops: :clown: that is me
Well, I will load my track and hope and :pray:
Mutha future wot a total numpty I am.

I will upload and then have another go, will report back.
I'm v sorry. :(

Here it is
https://soundcloud.com/eauson/fullbucke ... oo-kvr-osc

Details to follow
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
functionform
KVRist
 
184 posts since 13 May, 2017, from Virginia

Postby functionform; Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:11 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Ack I'm getting some new clicks too. I'll have to investigate closer later.

edit: looks like it was caused by Env 2 doing FM on my kick which is just a 8, 35, 12, 29 amp env. My env two was set up as 0, 0, 18, 0, 0. Any sort of FM on the kick formant results in scratchiness, not sure if it was like this before or is intended. Formant 1 settings, 1, 0, 184, 0.

preset Poly: Bell Piano also clicks for me now. Poly: Duck Bell also clicks. A few others display clicking I don't believe I heard before.
Eauson
KVRian
 
635 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:34 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Eauson wrote:
Full Bucket wrote:No problem, sorry for the inconvenience. :oops:

Cheers, Björn


Its me who should be :oops: as I have loaded the new version up and on certain sounds now the click is there, when it wasn't before.
I think its the way I have used your wonderful creation and I may have been a total :clown:
Mainly because of what I have tried to make which is a bass driven 4×4 thingamajig.
Aghhh, :help: :pray: 4 da :oops: :clown: that is me
Well, I will load my track and hope and :pray:
Mutha future wot a total numpty I am.

I will upload and then have another go, will report back.
I'm v sorry. :(

Here it is
https://soundcloud.com/eauson/fullbucke ... oo-kvr-osc

Details to follow

I think I'm gonna start again :(
Thanks to all who listened :)

functionform wrote:Ack I'm getting some new clicks too. I'll have to investigate closer later.

edit: looks like it was caused by Env 2 doing FM on my kick which is just a 8, 35, 12, 29 amp env. My env two was set up as 0, 0, 18, 0, 0. Any sort of FM on the kick formant results in scratchiness, not sure if it was like this before or is intended. Formant 1 settings, 1, 0, 184, 0.

preset Poly: Bell Piano also clicks for me now. Poly: Duck Bell also clicks. A few others display clicking I don't believe I heard before.


Gonna check this out :tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
User avatar
schiing
KVRist
 
146 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Postby schiing; Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:56 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Eauson wrote:I think I'm gonna start again :(
Thanks to all who listened :)

Oh, no, I hope you'll keep the groove in somehow - that was pretty cool!
User avatar
Full Bucket
KVRist
 
491 posts since 25 May, 2010, from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Postby Full Bucket; Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:34 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

functionform wrote:Ack I'm getting some new clicks too. I'll have to investigate closer later.

edit: looks like it was caused by Env 2 doing FM on my kick which is just a 8, 35, 12, 29 amp env. My env two was set up as 0, 0, 18, 0, 0. Any sort of FM on the kick formant results in scratchiness, not sure if it was like this before or is intended. Formant 1 settings, 1, 0, 184, 0.

preset Poly: Bell Piano also clicks for me now. Poly: Duck Bell also clicks. A few others display clicking I don't believe I heard before.

Indeed, my fix makes (some) things even worse... back to the drawing board. :dog:
Meanwhile I restored v1.2.1 on my website.

Sorry + Cheers,
Björn
functionform
KVRist
 
184 posts since 13 May, 2017, from Virginia

Postby functionform; Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:46 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

No worries! Thanks for looking into it!
Eauson
KVRian
 
635 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:56 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

schiing wrote:
Eauson wrote:I think I'm gonna start again :(
Thanks to all who listened :)

Oh, no, I hope you'll keep the groove in somehow - that was pretty cool!

I'll give it a go, just listening to it, just seems a bit odd, its only drm14 which is pretty good. Maybe a little play about might improve it to make me a bit happier.
So :phones: :party: :pray: 8) :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
Eauson
KVRian
 
635 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:58 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Full Bucket wrote:
functionform wrote:Ack I'm getting some new clicks too. I'll have to investigate closer later.

edit: looks like it was caused by Env 2 doing FM on my kick which is just a 8, 35, 12, 29 amp env. My env two was set up as 0, 0, 18, 0, 0. Any sort of FM on the kick formant results in scratchiness, not sure if it was like this before or is intended. Formant 1 settings, 1, 0, 184, 0.

preset Poly: Bell Piano also clicks for me now. Poly: Duck Bell also clicks. A few others display clicking I don't believe I heard before.

Indeed, my fix makes (some) things even worse... back to the drawing board. :dog:
Meanwhile I restored v1.2.1 on my website.

Sorry + Cheers,
Björn


Thanks Björn, your synth are a joy, blooo is my GOTO, so scroo will more than likely be the same. :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
User avatar
Full Bucket
KVRist
 
491 posts since 25 May, 2010, from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Postby Full Bucket; Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:02 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Eauson wrote:Thanks Björn, your synth are a joy, blooo is my GOTO, so scroo will more than likely be the same. :D

Thank you! The scrooo is a nasty ba$tard, you really have to watch out when to update anything or else the oscillators start in the middle of a crude waveform, giving you clicks'n'dirt... :x

Cheers, Björn
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments