Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
User avatar
TrojakEW
KVRist
 
216 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Slovakia

Postby TrojakEW; Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:45 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Medniex wrote:Can anyone help me with some percussion recipes? So far I can produce only weak and inconsistent kick and sort of bell sound :( It is really hard to predict the outcome of any tweaks for me. Even by using presets as starting point. Synth without any filter is really a challenge for me.
Zip contain 4 kicks and 2 bonus bazz presets and 1 funky :lol: percussion preset. Nothing serious. 8) . Tweak it some more and add some compression & eq to make them sound better. Maybe some others may find it useful too.

Tweaked for limited range so find best range for yourself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image Image Image
User avatar
Medniex
KVRist
 
56 posts since 16 Apr, 2017, from Rīga

Postby Medniex; Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:23 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Whoo-hoo!! Thanks TrojakEW your percs are always tip-top! I hope I'll learn something from these :hyper:
KO :ud:
User avatar
Medniex
KVRist
 
56 posts since 16 Apr, 2017, from Rīga

Postby Medniex; Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:18 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

I have no idea how I'm going to pull out something halfway decent out of this, but this is my starting point:

https://soundcloud.com/medniex/osc-113-rev00

:party:
KO :ud:
doctorbob
KVRian
 
1109 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Postby doctorbob; Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:09 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

OK, with a week to go, here's my submission for this months scrooo-eeey challenge! Sound and instruments from the 60's - guitars using ye olde copykat tape reverbs (avec noise and scrooed tape loops), bassist desperately trying to be heard and turns up amp and scroos his sound, PA system so bad and really really scrooed you can't make out any of the words! But ... the guitarist plays a mean solo, harking back to the his roots in the 50's and his friend Chuck! So, all was not lost!

Please enjoy - and remember - all Scroo!

DAW: Reaper

Track Details

29 * The Scroo
28 * ReaEQ
1 * Bass Professor Mark II
3 * LFX-1310 (autopan)
2 * Pecheneg Tremolo
3 * TAL Reverb 4
5 * Oril River
15 * JS Midi Note Filter
3 * MidiPolyphony (piz)
4 * TDR Feedback Compressor II
2 * WatKat

Master
TDR VOS SlickEQ
Ferric TDS
Voxengo MSED
Limiter No.6

Metering
SPAN

DR: 10

To all you surfin' penguins, enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/doctor ... the-scrooo
User avatar
TrojakEW
KVRist
 
216 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Slovakia

Postby TrojakEW; Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:53 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Medniex wrote:I have no idea how I'm going to pull out something halfway decent out of this, but this is my starting point:

osc-113-rev00

:party:

Well it seems like similar problem that Darksynth FX have in track. All instrumnets are almost in same frequency range. Only kick is little lower but still not enough. Try to move some part octave lower or something because instruments are fighting each other for first place. :oops:
Image Image Image Image
The Chase
KVRAF
 
10541 posts since 12 Jun, 2004, from Alberto Balsam

Postby The Chase; Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:48 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Medniex wrote:Can anyone help me with some percussion recipes? So far I can produce only weak and inconsistent kick and sort of bell sound :( It is really hard to predict the outcome of any tweaks for me. Even by using presets as starting point. Synth without any filter is really a challenge for me.


Try breaking each component of the percussion down with separate instances of the synth. I couldn't really get a good pitch envelope going, so I had to break it down: one mid-range instance (instant attack, very short decay) for the initial impulse, another instance (super short attack, short decay) for the low-mid-range oomph, and the final instance for the low-frequency body (moderate attack, moderate decay).

Trigger these simultaneously. Use compression and saturation to glue them together and make them sound more like a single uniform sound.

For a snare I did similar except the impulse is a noise burst with a longer decay. The noise burst can be done using the "ring" algorithms with both formants max-spread at dissonant intervals, and playing many dissonant notes simultaneously.

Hi-hats I made similar to the snare's noise burst but with narrower formant bandwidths and less notes, for more of a ringing timbre rather than diffuse noise. Use a compressor with a very short attack to bring out a sharp tick, important for shaping synth cymbal transients.

You can fake a pitch envelope with portamento but the lack of legato requires extra trickery.
doctorbob
KVRian
 
1109 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Postby doctorbob; Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:59 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

@The Chase … very similar to what I did for my percussive elements. Only used 2 instances for the kick as I have other click (sticks and claps) elements going on which coincide with the kick, so add to the overall effect. Snare was perhaps the most awkward - but, once mixed in, it sounds OK to me. The various cymbal type sounds (hats, crash, ride, tambo) are all variants of each other.

Of course, compression of the various grouped elements helps a lot this time round. but, enjoyable.

I liked making the guitar sound like it was from the 60's! Hope it worked? You get so used to the sound after weeks of it you rather lose sight of how good (or bad) it is.

dB
User avatar
d34dmeat
KVRist
 
30 posts since 24 Sep, 2016

Postby d34dmeat; Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:14 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

heres my contribution
https://soundcloud.com/mikael-edlund/d34dmeat-scrooge

Reaper daw
16 instances of scrooo
3 reaeq
4 reacomp
5 ambience
2 CodeRedFree
2 readelay
2 acon digital multiplier
Leonard Bowman
KVRer
 
4 posts since 4 Jul, 2018

Postby Leonard Bowman; Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:35 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Here goes- my first real foray into electronic music production.
https://soundcloud.com/anotherbenjamin/ ... jump-scare

Composed in MuseScore, produced in Ableton using:

(ImageLine)
8x IL Minihost Modular

(Insert Piz Here)
8x MIDI Notch Filter
1x MIDI Strum
1x MIDI Key Split
1x MIDI Channel Filter

(Full Bucket)
9x The Scrooo

(Melda Productions)
7x MEqualizer

(Ableton)
2x Reverb
1x Simple Delay

Enjoy! (or don't, it's up to you.)
s28
KVRist
 
74 posts since 9 Aug, 2017

Postby s28; Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:12 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Hi KVR people,

I may join in on the next one - I've read the rules and thru the last couple of one synth threads. Just to confirm, no 3rd party effects allowed, only free or native. No modulation fx - Delay and reverb are fine but the idea is not to go to heavy on them. Am I on the right track and is there anything else notable?

I see people using Airwindows so I'd be good with those and lives native fx.
Eauson
KVRian
 
779 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:21 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

s28 wrote:Hi KVR people,

I may join in on the next one - I've read the rules and thru the last couple of one synth threads. Just to confirm, no 3rd party effects allowed, only free or native. No modulation fx - Delay and reverb are fine but the idea is not to go to heavy on them. Am I on the right track and is there anything else notable?

I see people using Airwindows so I'd be good with those and lives native fx.

Yes, you have the gist of it :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
Eauson
KVRian
 
779 posts since 8 Jan, 2013, from morf

Postby Eauson; Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:27 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Leonard Bowman wrote:Here goes- my first real foray into electronic music production.
https://soundcloud.com/anotherbenjamin/ ... jump-scare

Composed in MuseScore, produced in Ableton using:

(ImageLine)
8x IL Minihost Modular

(Insert Piz Here)
8x MIDI Notch Filter
1x MIDI Strum
1x MIDI Key Split
1x MIDI Channel Filter

(Full Bucket)
9x The Scrooo

(Melda Productions)
7x MEqualizer

(Ableton)
2x Reverb
1x Simple Delay

Enjoy! (or don't, it's up to you.)


Welcome to OsC :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face
s28
KVRist
 
74 posts since 9 Aug, 2017

Postby s28; Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:04 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Eauson wrote:
s28 wrote:Hi KVR people,

I may join in on the next one - I've read the rules and thru the last couple of one synth threads. Just to confirm, no 3rd party effects allowed, only free or native. No modulation fx - Delay and reverb are fine but the idea is not to go to heavy on them. Am I on the right track and is there anything else notable?

I see people using Airwindows so I'd be good with those and lives native fx.

Yes, you have the gist of it :)


Brilliant, cheers :)
doctorbob
KVRian
 
1109 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Postby doctorbob; Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:18 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music

Hey all, my Rhodes piano player was not happy with the mix, so I have mixed him in a bit louder on the left of the stage(!!) and replaced the version on Soundcloud. Enjoy his slightly less than enthusiastic chord thumping! He's simply not the best player in the band - eclipsed by his lead guitarist this time.

:D :hihi:

dB
User avatar
] Peter:H [
KVRian
 
550 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby ] Peter:H [; Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:36 am Re: One Synth Challenge #113: The Scrooo by Full Bucket Music ] Off: Topic [

Hey guys,

Sorry for a ] Off:Topic [ post. You might have noticed that I had removed my track for the Synth1 challenge and that I've entered the "Song Writing Competition 11" instead. It's now voting time ... only 3 participants ... so voting is not a big deal in terms of effort. If you like follow the link, leave some feedback or probably take part someday?
https://mix-challenge.com/forum/viewtop ... 2816#p2783

] Peter:H [
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments