Sektor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sektor

You get 750 presets for 69 usd, so based on that I think it's worth the money as you get a half competent synth included in the price. But compared to Serum, there are not many featured where Sektor is better than Serum.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

How long is it on sale for $69?

starflakeprj wrote:You get 750 presets for 69 usd, so based on that I think it's worth the money as you get a half competent synth included in the price. But compared to Serum, there are not many featured where Sektor is better than Serum.
This is true, the longer I use Sektor the more I want to buy Serum, I think it's a great synth... but I keep running into things I can't do that I should be able to. Like for instance, routing the output of filter 1 to 2, if you can do it I can't figure out how, and why can't I route the sub to the amp and just forget the filter? I can't think of a whole lot of times I'd actually want to filter the sub anyway. I have other synths I can do analog type of stuff in I want to do technical stuff in Sektor. Or the fact that basically everything FX wise is modulatable except the EQ's, it's just silly. I'm just hoping that the developer doesn't feel like the synth is done, because it's getting there but still needs work. I'm thinking I'll pick up Serum because I've done that whole invest in the developer thing before and that rarely works out.
In the future there will be robots!

well sektor purchased but unfortunately you cant install on D drive, even library cant be moved to D after install?

so another 4GB must be on C, and support does not care as per email so i will ask pluginboutique for refund.

cant have another library on C, low on space

disappointment to be honest and customer support not listening to what people need

deejay2 wrote:well sektor purchased but unfortunately you cant install on D drive, even library cant be moved to D after install?

so another 4GB must be on C, and support does not care as per email so i will ask pluginboutique for refund.

disappointment to be honest and customer support not listening to what people need
It would be better if you could do that, but at least it isn't 20-30 gig library with Sektor. 1 TB drives are normally the standard on new desktops these days, so 4 gigs of data isn't really that much. Maybe you have a laptop?

Hopefully they will change it so you can change that drive location.

deejay2 wrote:well sektor purchased but unfortunately you cant install on D drive, even library cant be moved to D after install?

Have you considered using Symbolic Links:https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/c ... -or-linux/
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

no they will not change, as i spoken to them, they have done this on purpose apparantly so sektor will be always on C inclusive library and you will not be able to move library to D.

obviosly i do not mind to install on C but cant have all libraries from various VST on C, I would have slow system even that I have desktop.

Does Sektor support midi out to another vst?
Can you record midi out from arp?

deejay2 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:06 am is this worth to buy for 69usd now or serum much better way to go?
I'd say, it's probably worth at least $19 USD. :hihi:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... 460-Sektor

I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

I own Sector for over a year. The synthesizer met my expectations. It works great and in terms of synthesis is completely fine with me.
:phones:

theorize wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:17 pm Here they are, enjoy! :)

https://sabercathost.com/5fkk/MassiveWa ... Sektor.zip

Google has blocked the download.
:phones:

Can't download here either. The link gets an almost clean slate.....
VT 090319-1.png
-------

It's only a a 4.5 meg file. Doesn't seem like using Sabrecat for such a small download is necessary.

I'm not even sure that copying the Massive Wavetables is legal. :shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:22 pmI'm not even sure that copying the Massive Wavetables is legal. :shrug:
Assuming you own a legit copy of Massive, reverse engineering or extracting the wavetables for your own personal use might possibly be legal (maybe), depending on where on Earth you live, but distributing those wavetables on the internet definitely violates the intellectual property rights of Native Instruments. Those wavetables are small audio recordings, and audio recordings are considered intellectual property. Unless you have the express permission of Native Instruments in advance, and that's not likely to ever happen, you should never share those wavetables online.
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

theorize wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:17 pm Here they are, enjoy! :)

https://sabercathost.com/5fkk/MassiveWa ... Sektor.zip
While I'm not a big fan of this synth since buying it for $15, I absolutely love people that put time in to doing what you are doing, then sharing it! So thank you!

I should note my problems with this synth is that when playing around with it, it seemed like most of the presets are distorted and have a rough sound to them. I had to turn down the master a lot to make it sound normal. Maybe I'll revisit again to see if I find this synth usable, as I want to like it, but when comparing to other (aka more expensive) wavetable synths I already have, I'm just not going to use sektor.

McLilith wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:27 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:22 pmI'm not even sure that copying the Massive Wavetables is legal. :shrug:
Assuming you own a legit copy of Massive, reverse engineering or extracting the wavetables for your own personal use might possibly be legal (maybe), depending on where on Earth you live, but distributing those wavetables on the internet definitely violates the intellectual property rights of Native Instruments. Those wavetables are small audio recordings, and audio recordings are considered intellectual property. Unless you have the express permission of Native Instruments in advance, and that's not likely to ever happen, you should never share those wavetables online.
You should address that to the guy who shared the Wavetables. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”