Ocean Swift - Aeolian Meditation VSTi / Standalone OUT NOW! Intro offer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aeolian Meditation

Special introductory offer - 35e !
Info, videos, sounds, purchase:
http://oceanswift.net/aeolianmeditation/

VSTi & Standalone Addictive Synthesis / Monophonic.

Aeolian Meditation is an complex addictive-additive synthesizer playground with a unique a-symmetrical design capable of generating unique and beautiful melodies, meditative and Hypnotic drone tones, movie and musical soundscapes.

https://soundcloud.com/ocean-swift/sets ... demos-vsti

Additive

Addictive and Additive Synthesis – Aeolian Meditation is a unique digital take with a twist on the ancient Greek instrument of nature.

At the core are two signal chains – harmonic overtones and noise colors.

The harmonics section consists of the first twelve harmonics at the set frequency. These twelve sine partials are each amplitude modulated at different speeds and depth providing for an ever changing and ever evolving tone.

Modulation

Modulate Everything – Aeolian Meditation features intricate and powerful modulation capabilities where everything is modulated by dedicated controls, evolving in free rate or in sync with the project tempo.

Volumes, frequencies, filters, effects – sound emerges and flows in magical directions.

FM

Powerful FM capabilities – The FM especially allows for out-of-this-world sounds.

Not only can you toggle the FM source from MIDI to a set note to a frequency knob, the FM also utilizes dedicated modulators that tweak the source frequency and FM depth.

Sources

Play it like a monophonic synth or morph your vibes to strange and magical planets by switching to note or frequency based drone mode.

Effects

Colorful Effect Section featuring reverb, delay, chorus, reducer and filter. Endlessly sculpt your sound beyond the initial synthesis.

OSC APP - control Aeolian with your Android phone or tablet

Aeolian Meditation features a dedicated Android application that lets you control the synthesizer using your phone or tablet with full bi-directional control capability.

Every parameter on the device is represented on the app, as well as enhanced functionality such as XY pads and randomizers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e05iIAJVphc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOjwEUI ... e=youtu.be

Is there a demo?

Edit3 (fixed demo file) :

DEMO (limitation is noise burst every 10 seconds)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YixTaT ... sp=sharing
Last edited by faxinadu on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

Very nice.
Sorry to see it is Windows Only
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

2 bad news for you.

The demo has NO noise bursts. At least not to me.

There is random clicks on triger and release notes. This one is really a serious problem.

Afterall it is a good sounding synth. Interesting in concept, but needs a little refinement.

hey mate, how are you getting random clicks? the env is really punchy, maybe pull up attack and release a bit

faxinadu wrote:Edit:

after getting report of demo not functioning correctly removed the demo. synth stands on its own with the sound examples and videos and info for the moment.

thanks
Is there going to be a revised demo? I was hoping to try it out.

The clicks are in almost all the factory presets. Not CPU spikes or ASIO dropouts. Just clicks, like envelopes not retrigering correctly

Very interesting ! My music being mainly Ambient and New Age music I'm really appealed by this new synth.
:)

It is almost purchased after having watched all the demo videos. It is a question of hours now (it is the middle of the night currently in France)

I just have a request... for the visual aspect of the synth. Here it is : the menus currently set to dark letters on bright background are very aggressive for the eyes. And it is also a type of choice a bit aged now, modern menus being always much more beautiful with bright letters on a dark background. But for me the reason of this request is not cosmetic at all... but for the safe of the eyes, especially my old eyes a bit impaired now. And there is another important reason for the Ambient musicians... a reason related to the name of the synth and to the type of sounds it is made for : menus with bright characters on dark background are much more relaxing not only for the eyes but also for the mind, for "meditation" and "meditation-mind" and therefore of course for meditative music composition. Incidentally there is just to see how beautiful is your webpage with these bright letters on black background.
:wink:
So... could you invert this current choice in order to have the menus set to bright letters on a dark background in the purpose to make these menus much more relaxing for the eyes and for the mind ?

A bit more of contrast on the central display would be nice too. Because the characters of this part of the GUI are very small by necessity... so just a bit more of contrast would make them much more readable.

Less important but I also suggest you to try this (later if you want) : try to set the currently red displays rather in bright yellow. Be sure that it would make the readability of these very little characters much better! But it's less important (for the moment) than the first request above about the menus.

But consider me as a registered user within the next few hours !
:tu:
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Looks interesting, but since I'm running Linux, I need to try it out first to see if at least it runs like other Windows VST. Without a demo, impossible to try.

mevla wrote:Looks interesting, but since I'm running Linux, I need to try it out first to see if at least it runs like other Windows VST. Without a demo, impossible to try.
DEMO is back up, apologies about that:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YixTaT ... sp=sharing
Last edited by faxinadu on Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

alvfaria wrote:The clicks are in almost all the factory presets. Not CPU spikes or ASIO dropouts. Just clicks, like envelopes not retrigering correctly
we will take a look, but please understand that from all the beta testers and all the costumers so far you are the only one to report this. also you are the only one to report the demo not working right.... we will keep an eye out, and of course we are collecting all user input from all sources and will continue to update as needed.

BlackWinny wrote:Very interesting ! My music being mainly Ambient and New Age music I'm really appealed by this new synth.

It is almost purchased after having watched all the demo videos. It is a question of hours now (it is the middle of the night currently in France)

I just have a request... for the visual aspect of the synth. Here it is : the menus currently set to dark letters on bright background are very aggressive for the eyes. And it is also a type of choice a bit aged now, modern menus being always much more beautiful with bright letters on a dark background. But for me the reason of this request is not cosmetic at all... but for the safe of the eyes, especially my old eyes a bit impaired now. And there is another important reason for the Ambient musicians... a reason related to the name of the synth and to the type of sounds it is made for : menus with bright characters on dark background are much more relaxing not only for the eyes but also for the mind, for "meditation" and "meditation-mind" and therefore of course for meditative music composition. Incidentally there is just to see how beautiful is your webpage with these bright letters on black background.
:wink:
So... could you invert this current choice in order to have the menus set to bright letters on a dark background in the purpose to make these menus much more relaxing for the eyes and for the mind ?

A bit more of contrast on the central display would be nice too. Because the characters of this part of the GUI are very small by necessity... so just a bit more of contrast would make them much more readable.

Less important but I also suggest you to try this (later if you want) : try to set the currently red displays rather in bright yellow. Be sure that it would make the readability of these very little characters much better! But it's less important (for the moment) than the first request above about the menus.

But consider me as a registered user within the next few hours !
:tu:

Thanks for the interest and detailed reply! We will have a look at that, certainly these are great legit tips, thank you :)

just some extra thoughts:

While this synth can technically do your normal stuff, the whole point here is soundscape/drone/ambient sound design. To get the most out of it don't just grab a lead preset and try to compare it to stuff like i donno massive sylenth etc. They do what they do very very well, this does something else. :)

Michael L wrote:Very nice.
Sorry to see it is Windows Only
Thank god it‘s only Windows: that saves me from buying just another toy… :tu:
Last edited by martinjuenke on Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”