Ocean Swift - Aeolian Meditation VSTi / Standalone OUT NOW! Intro offer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aeolian Meditation

Where did you get the demo? I don't see any way to download a demo :?:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Where did you get the demo? I don't see any way to download a demo :?:
Hello Fernando !

Here
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

The adsr is broken or not good.

I would have thought stereo panning the partials using the sliders to the sides of each partial on the harmonics mixer would have been a much better use for those sliders.

Unison detune would be nice.

Ok soooooooo a bit about "how do i wrap my head around this synth and make my own presets"...

First of all, I can not emphasis this enough - this is a playground/sandbox, you are not meant to "know" what you are doing entirley, whole idea is that you are thinking in terms of things like "color, tone, movement, buzz, depth, vibe, dynamics" and not like "hmmm do i need a saw or square and should my lowpass be 24 or 12 db". Of course, as you get to know the available options, you can get the feel you want quicker.

Secondly automation and real time tweaking is huge here, much more so even than "normal" synths. for example here is a video of my wife playing with the device using the android app (the video is from facebook live so the quality over stream was not amazing, but just to get the sandbox/playground/tweakage idea):
https://www.facebook.com/oceanswiftsynt ... DEwNTQ3MA/

Here is a video showing a cool drone created from scratch, just by playing around while keeping those strange words i described in mind (movement, color, tone etc). The video also takes a look at a couple of the presets:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5j31N0 ... e=youtu.be

If you use multiple instances you can take it to the next level and get reallllllllly interesting and deep/evolving stuff even just by almost randomly creating drones and setting/playing them on the same note or on harmonically relevant notes.

Again and again as i drone on in the video too the mantra here is just play with it, approach it as you would approach a crazy modular patch, albeit one that is very refined for specific tasks :)

focusrite wrote:Feedback:

I would have thought stereo panning the partials using the sliders to the sides of each partial on the harmonics mixer would have been a much better use for those sliders.

broken how? like mentioned before it is just very punchy, all you gotta do is pull up the attack and release. please if you are gonna post stuff like "broken" at least give concise feedback since no, it is NOT broken.

about features like panning the partials and such - cool idea, we thought about it to, but the features it has now are what we thought strike a balance between giving lots of controls and being over-the-top-do-it-all-confusing :)

BlackWinny wrote:
fmr wrote:Where did you get the demo? I don't see any way to download a demo :?:
Hello Fernando !

Here
:)
Fernando (FMR)

faxinadu wrote:
focusrite wrote:Feedback:

broken how? like mentioned before it is just very punchy, all you gotta do is pull up the attack and release. please if you are gonna post stuff like "broken" at least give concise feedback since no, it is NOT broken.

about features like panning the partials and such - cool idea, we thought about it to, but the features it has now are what we thought strike a balance between giving lots of controls and being over-the-top-do-it-all-confusing :)
I tried to set a long attack to take off the transient - Almost no affect

this could be because of something you have set in your preset like retriggers on the modulators or something of the sort, not exactly sure. i can have a look if you send me a preset as a test case that does it, promise we will look at it me and the team.

Maybe post the Audio?

faxinadu wrote:
mevla wrote:Looks interesting, but since I'm running Linux, I need to try it out first to see if at least it runs like other Windows VST. Without a demo, impossible to try.
DEMO is back up, apologies about that:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YkZLh9 ... sp=sharing
Thanks. I installed the 64-bit VST version since the setup I have does not allow for 32-bit dlls (which is OK by me). Unfortunately it crashes the setup (wine-staging. linvst) right at the start.

That's OK. I mean, do not go out of your way with a Linux setup. Other Windows VST are running just fine. I will try at a later time, in 3 months, 6 months, to see if the condition still exists.

Cheers.

hey, about the linux thing i have some ideas, can't promise it right away, but let me research this a bit more.

Hi.

I recorded some of the factory presets (basses) and you can hear the randon clicks on various of them.
Please, download the file. I will be deleting this track soon.

https://soundcloud.com/al-faraway/aeoli ... ith-clicks

I'm using FL Studio 20, 32 bits, on windows 10.

i got your file and i can hear the clicks. very odd. i would like to look at the settings you got to try to find the issue.
can you send me that/those presets please? i see you started with "dramatis persona" preset. does that one as loaded with the synth for example click for you?
oceanswiftsynthesis@gmail.com

I started with "Crystal Keys" and go up im order: Acidic Bassy FM, Acidic Bassy, Bass Clean... I do not change any setting, they are just plain factory presets.

Ok, we will investigate. At the moment not sure about this, especially with you saying these are untouched presets.

Return to “Instruments”