The KVR Audio website is moving to a new server - please expect some disruption to services over the next 24-48 hours.

During the final stages of the transition several services will be disabled on the old server, such as new user registrations, KVR Marketplace transactions, developer admin features, forum search, posting in the forum, etc.

Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
CrystalWizard
KVRian

590 posts since 10 Jul, 2008, from Orbiti sw usa

Postby CrystalWizard; Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:56 pm Re: Enough with the vintage emulations! Bring on the digital!

wagtunes wrote:Personally, I have no use for any more emulations, analog OR digital. Right now I can make any sound that's ever been created in synth history. I want a synth that can make NEW sounds. Sounds we've never heard before.

Until THAT synth comes out, I'm done buying synths.

Agree 100%, but to each their own.
gadgets an gizmos...make noise
http://gardenofsensualdelight.com/DBAR.html apologies for broken links, a contruction team is on the way
https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness
IncarnateX
KVRAF

3120 posts since 25 Jan, 2009, from Forgotten Realms

Postby IncarnateX; Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:43 pm Re: Enough with the vintage emulations! Bring on the digital!

wagtunes wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Personally, I have no use for any more emulations, analog OR digital. Right now I can make any sound that's ever been created in synth history. I want a synth that can make NEW sounds. Sounds we've never heard before.

BS calling. I have seen one of your virtually endless softsynth lists and you are heavily addicted, my friend. GAS at its worst. But here is a classic thread where your promises are more than welcome:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=256689

:wink:

You can call BS all you want but I've bought one synth this year, Biotek 2. And the only reason I didn't buy it last year was because I was told that Biotek 2 was coming out very soon. So I waited. Now that I have it, I'm done. For one thing, I'm broke. I mean dead broke. So unless something comes out that is off the charts far above anything ever made, it's not getting bought. Take a look at all the other synths that have come out this year.

I have bought NONE OF THEM.

So yes, I am finally DONE. It took me 5 years but I'm bored to death with all the stuff being released. It does NOTHING for me.

I am concentrating my efforts now on making the most out of what I have now.

Believe it, don't believe it, don't give a f**k. My buying history, or lack there of from this year is proof that I am done.

Hey
Do not get excited now. It was in jest. I come wih peace. I guess I have to take your word for it. Well, maybe it is easier when you got most of what is released anyway. Good Luck.
wagtunes
KVRAF

12941 posts since 8 Oct, 2014
IncarnateX wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:

BS calling. I have seen one of your virtually endless softsynth lists and you are heavily addicted, my friend. GAS at its worst. But here is a classic thread where your promises are more than welcome:

You can call BS all you want but I've bought one synth this year, Biotek 2. And the only reason I didn't buy it last year was because I was told that Biotek 2 was coming out very soon. So I waited. Now that I have it, I'm done. For one thing, I'm broke. I mean dead broke. So unless something comes out that is off the charts far above anything ever made, it's not getting bought. Take a look at all the other synths that have come out this year.

So yes, I am finally DONE. It took me 5 years but I'm bored to death with all the stuff being released. It does NOTHING for me.

Believe it, don't believe it, don't give a f**k. My buying history, or lack there of from this year is proof that I am done.

Hey
Do not get excited now. It was in jest. I come wih peace. I guess I have to take your word for it. Well, maybe it is easier when you got most of what is released anyway. Good Luck.

Yeah, well that certainly helps when there's almost nothing you don't own. But I have way too many synths. In fact, I've already sold Discovery Pro, Blue II and Hive. So yeah, unless something radically new comes out (which is highly doubtful) I'm done.
Examigan
KVRAF

4258 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA
wagtunes wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:

Hey

Yeah, well that certainly helps when there's almost nothing you don't own. But I have way too many synths. In fact, I've already sold Discovery Pro, Blue II and Hive. So yeah, unless something radically new comes out (which is highly doubtful) I'm done.

I bet you’ll buy Dune 3, Zebra 3, and Synthmaster 3 when those arrive. :)
wagtunes
KVRAF

Examigan wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:

Hey

I bet you’ll buy Dune 3 and Synthmaster 3 when those arrive. :)

At one time, I would have. But not now.

1. Not a big Synthmaster fan anymore. So many synths that I've gotten since (It was my 3rd synth ever) are so much better. So I hardly use it anymore.

2. Dune 2 I love. I can't imagine such an amazing improvement that it would force me to get it. And if it's a completely different synth, so what? Unless it can make those sounds that no other synth on the planet can make, not interested.

It would take a miracle for me to buy a new synth. Again, it's August 2 and I've bought one synth this year. Everything that has come out I have had zero interest in.

Eventually, my entire collection is going to be nothing but old tech. In fact, I have no reason to ever get another Komplete update. There is nothing I can't do musically.

Seriously, how many synths does one person need?
Examigan
KVRAF

4258 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA
Zebra 3? :wink:

I know I’d like to check out all 3 of those I mentioned when they’re released.
starflakeprj
KVRian

778 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Postby starflakeprj; Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:59 am Re: Enough with the vintage emulations! Bring on the digital!

Examigan wrote:Zebra 3? :wink:

I know I’d like to check out all 3 of those I mentioned when they’re released.

Me too, especially since I will get both Zebra 3 and Synthmaster 3 for free :)
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | 3 x Nvidia GTX 780 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Arturia AudioFuse | M-Audio Code61
Studio One 4.0 | Reason 10.1 | Bitwig Studio 2.3 | Reaper 5.9 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 12.5 | 460+ VSTs | 170+ Rack Extensions
D-Fusion
KVRAF

3370 posts since 13 Jul, 2004, from Earth

Try a Blofeld it has some standard sounds but most of them are very experimental ;)

People want sounds they are familiar with that are musical.

If you can make any sound that has already been created from new to old sounds you are covered.
But to me it sounds like you are stuck in that familiar sound loop yourself if you can't make new sounds with what you already have or maybe you just have gotten tired of synths in general ;)
wagtunes
KVRAF

D-Fusion wrote:

Try a Blofeld it has some standard sounds but most of them are very experimental ;)

People want sounds they are familiar with that are musical.

If you can make any sound that has already been created from new to old sounds you are covered.
But to me it sounds like you are stuck in that familiar sound loop yourself if you can't make new sounds with what you already have or maybe you just have gotten tired of synths in general ;)

Tired of synths in general? Absolutely. No question. Right now, they are a means to an ends (making music) and most of the music I've been doing of late has been with mostly real instrument emulations such as physical modeling or samples. I don't use synths nearly as much as I used to.

The track I just completed?

Pianoteq
MODO Bass
Kontakt 80s Modern Drummer
Kontakt Session Pro Tenor Sax
Vocaloid
Vienna Orchestral Violins
Vienna Orchestral Violas
Vienna Orchestral Cellos

And that's it. Not one synth.
starflakeprj
KVRian

778 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Postby starflakeprj; Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:36 am Re: Enough with the vintage emulations! Bring on the digital!

Well, tbh, Pianoteq, MODO Bass and Vocaloid are all synths? :)

I mean, they use synthesis to produce their sound.
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | 3 x Nvidia GTX 780 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Arturia AudioFuse | M-Audio Code61
Studio One 4.0 | Reason 10.1 | Bitwig Studio 2.3 | Reaper 5.9 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 12.5 | 460+ VSTs | 170+ Rack Extensions
wagtunes
KVRAF

starflakeprj wrote:Well, tbh, Pianoteq, MODO Bass and Vocaloid are all synths? :)

I mean, they use synthesis to produce their sound.

They're not what I think of when I think of synths. They're basically limited to one sound or one type of sound. I can't make Pianoteq sound like a supersaw. I can't make MODO bass sound like a brass patch. These are specialized instruments that basically do one thing.

You want to think of them as synths, fine. I don't.
JoeCat
KVRian

1106 posts since 19 May, 2011, from North Carolina
What I can't wait for (and where almost there with VCV Rack https://vcvrack.com/) is an open modular framework like Eurorack in VST form. Once they get that working and supported by more devs... :hyper:
wagtunes
KVRAF

JoeCat wrote:What I can't wait for (and where almost there with VCV Rack https://vcvrack.com/) is an open modular framework like Eurorack in VST form. Once they get that working and supported by more devs... :hyper:

Isn't that what Softube was supposed to be?
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7987 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:25 pm Re: Enough with the vintage emulations! Bring on the digital!

wagtunes wrote:
JoeCat wrote:What I can't wait for (and where almost there with VCV Rack https://vcvrack.com/) is an open modular framework like Eurorack in VST form. Once they get that working and supported by more devs... :hyper:

No
JoeCat
KVRian

1106 posts since 19 May, 2011, from North Carolina
wagtunes wrote:
JoeCat wrote:What I can't wait for (and where almost there with VCV Rack <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://vcvrack.com</span>/) is an open modular framework like Eurorack in VST form. Once they get that working and supported by more devs... :hyper:

And maybe still will be, but it's not an open system (not begrudging them that, just an observation) - not sure how that works or what their relationship is with other developers (like Intellijel, Doepfer) in terms of licensing, profit...

It's always tough to get an ecosystem like that going too - module prices need to be low enough to entice people, but are high initially because it's low-volume, etc.
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments