Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
Grizzellda
KVRist

413 posts since 21 Feb, 2015

Postby Grizzellda; Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:06 am Re: A Convo about FXpansion? Who are they, still a real company?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, with most companies on KVR it says "official support forum" but with FXpansion it says "archived support forum".

Has anyone noticed this?

This is somewhat uncool, maybe even quite unacceptable? And I am just gonna put the question straight out here, to KVR, it is a question that I feel many of us have lingering...

Let me put it this way...I recently bought a license for Geist 2. I don't even want to register it, because I have no confidence that it will ever be updated, or will run on any future versions of Windows! At this point I feel I paid for a sample library, and not a plug-in.

What is the actual status of this increasingly uninvolved company? Why can't they even sustain a eff'n forum on the old KVR? Who are they? There has been a thread about Cypher 2 lately, and so what? Sure, I get that it is some sort of synthesizer, man it could be fabulously tremendous...super cool, but...where is the product?

Hey, I would have bought all of their products, sure...if only I felt that they were a real functioning company. But they cannot even sustain a basic forum on the KVR? At some point it is like...Wake up!

Sorry, just, truly sorry if I sound upset...I wanna hear from FXpansion users...heck, I would love to hear from the company too!
Last edited by Grizzellda on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
zvenx
KVRAF

6432 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:10 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

FYI, KVR is not the entire world....

That is they still have their own support system and God forbid their own active forum...
https://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=60

sometimes this place just gets to me.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bbtr
KVRist

402 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Postby bbtr; Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:19 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Hey, maybe that's not quite the right way to ask - passing judgment together with the question before you have received an answer that would justify you doing so.
If you really don't know anything about fxpansion - why are you so upset?
Other companies also don't have forums on kvr. So what?

What is known for sure is that they were bought by ROLI, there were readjustments that delayed their release schedule, Cypher 2 is very close to official release.

I would guess that BTS they are working on bugfixing for Geist and their other major products. Which is really what they should be doing. So rest assured, Geist is NOT just a sample library. Go ahead and use it.
Burillo
KVRAF

2835 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:31 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

yeah, FXPansion is not a real company. can i get that Geist 2 license please? :D
From Russia with love
bbtr
KVRist

402 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Postby bbtr; Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:34 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

50 shades of entitlement.
zvenx
KVRAF

Postby zvenx; Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:35 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Burillo wrote:yeah, FXPansion is not a real company. can i get that Geist 2 license please? :D

lol
rsp
jsp1979
KVRAF

2825 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Postby jsp1979; Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:48 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Rob Papen closed his KVR forum and he's doing just fine, as another example.
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

4264 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:59 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Either there's some serious Poe's Loe going on in the OP or :scared:

EDIT: How did I type Poe's Loe? Dagnabbit, it's staying.
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

22662 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:13 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

:x :lol: :scared:
zvenx
KVRAF

Postby zvenx; Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Gamma-UT wrote:Either there's some serious Poe's Loe going on in the OP or :scared:

EDIT: How did I type Poe's Loe? Dagnabbit, it's staying.

you have me googling the reference. :-)
I still haven't found it. lol
what was it you meant to type?
rsp
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

Postby Gamma-UT; Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:30 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

zvenx wrote:you have me googling the reference. :-)
rsp

It should be Poe's Law.
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

25942 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:35 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Gamma-UT wrote:
zvenx wrote:you have me googling the reference. :-)
rsp

It should be Poe's Law.

nevermore.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
Grizzellda
KVRist

413 posts since 21 Feb, 2015

Postby Grizzellda; Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:40 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Alright, guys...sure I can sense you are making fun of me, and that is fine. So what???

Maybe I even expected it. Actually, I did. I said in my post I would buy all their products...but who noticed that? :dog:

I like this f**k*n company, I want them to do well, get it? :hihi:
But they should be much, much more forthcoming, solid and lucid...hey, if not on KVR, then somewhere.

Scrutinize them, if you care about them, don't just be silly fans!
SLiC
KVRAF

2642 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:43 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

zvenx wrote:FYI, KVR is not the entire world....

That is they still have their own support system and God forbid their own active forum...
https://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=60

sometimes this place just gets to me.
rsp

To be fair, the FX forum is full of spam and unanswered posts- I posted once their about Tremor....tumbleweed.....

No one has to have a forum at all, but since Roli bought them in 2016 the development and interaction has been minimal....maybe they are working on something mind-blowing (liker a bigger GUI for Tremor :wink: )
Current Gear: i7 Win 10 + Surface, BWS, StudioOne 4, X32 Desk. Rubicon R8s, DM12, P8, Virus TI, System 1m, Korg ARP, P6, Eurorack, Elektron A4, RYTM, OT, MPC Live, OP-1, Mother 32, Dominion Club, Roland TD8 and HPD-20, Guitars, Basses and Amps
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

Postby Gamma-UT; Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:45 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

whyterabbyt wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:It should be Poe's Law.

nevermore.

Rule 1: Never ask a raven anything.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments