Re: A Convo about FXpansion? Who are they, still a real company?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Grizzellda wrote:But they should be much, much more forthcoming
#

....because having a 'community' dropdown ight there on the front page their website, which gives you a 'forum' link (that Google very obviously knows about) for the self-hosted forum they've been using for over a decade is just plain the opposite of forthcoming....

...as are the two stickied announcements right at the top of the page on their not-official-in-12-years KVR forum....

USE FORUM @ http://www.fxpansion.com/forum for tech support by Angus_FX » 21 Sep 2006 12:26
and
FXpansion Software - Got A Problem? | Forum has moved by SKoT_FX » 22 Jul 2006 20:15
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Grizzellda wrote: But they should be much, much more forthcoming, solid and lucid...hey, if not on KVR, then somewhere.

Scrutinize them, if you care about them, don't just be silly fans!
I think there is a conversation to be had about how development seems to have slowed down at Fxpansion in recent years.

The "making fun" part is because you locked in on their abandoned KVR forum as some sort of major portent of doom, even though it's been like that for years and years. Getting bought by ROLI is the big event that might have shifted things a bit.

So before you start calling folks "silly fans" maybe realize your OP was pretty absurd.

SLiC wrote:
zvenx wrote:FYI, KVR is not the entire world....

That is they still have their own support system and God forbid their own active forum...
https://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=60

sometimes this place just gets to me.
rsp

To be fair, the FX forum is full of spam and unanswered posts- I posted once their about Tremor....tumbleweed.....

No one has to have a forum at all, but since Roli bought them in 2016 the development and interaction has been minimal....maybe they are working on something mind-blowing (liker a bigger GUI for Tremor :wink: )

Fair enough, and I would not have taken issue if the OP spoke about abysmal tech support etc.

I myself have had outstanding issues reported and reproduced years ago (like 4/5 years ago) with some of their products for which a forthcoming fix still hasn't been developed.

However I beta test two of their products and I know those two have development going on.

rsp
sound sculptist

bbtr wrote:50 shades of entitlement.
That's the transfer fee :)

Please stay away from FXpansion and use crappy instruments instead. You’ll be one competitor less in serious music production... :hihi:

aMUSEd wrote:
bbtr wrote:50 shades of entitlement.
That's the transfer fee :)
:)
I believe every thread should devolve into character attacks and witch-burning. It really helps the discussion.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Grizzellda wrote:But they should be much, much more forthcoming
#

....because having a 'community' dropdown ight there on the front page their website, which gives you a 'forum' link (that Google very obviously knows about) for the self-hosted forum they've been using for over a decade is just plain the opposite of forthcoming....

...as are the two stickied announcements right at the top of the page on their not-official-in-12-years KVR forum....

USE FORUM @ http://www.fxpansion.com/forum for tech support by Angus_FX » 21 Sep 2006 12:26
and
FXpansion Software - Got A Problem? | Forum has moved by SKoT_FX » 22 Jul 2006 20:15

Sneaky! :lol:
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Geist 2 works just fine on the latest Windows 10. Still best in class for loop ingestion and sequencing as far as I'm concerned. And not worried about it working on future OS versions.

Not sure what kind of update OP is looking for?

Grizzellda wrote:Alright, guys...sure I can sense you are making fun of me, and that is fine. So what???

Maybe I even expected it. Actually, I did. I said in my post I would buy all their products...but who noticed that? :dog:

I like this f**k*n company, I want them to do well, get it? :hihi:
But they should be much, much more forthcoming, solid and lucid...hey, if not on KVR, then somewhere.

Sure, they're hiding, rather than you couldn't be arsed to use teh googles...

I only ever saw 'KVR Audio Forums' in the first place because FXpansion had a forum under KVR. This was in 2003.
They've had their own forum for years, like a decade. I know that because... I don't remember, I must've have had a need to see it.

Also telling people they're uncritical fans for knowing an entity has their own forum is... :scared:
Sometimes one deserves a bit of poking fun at. Don't be mad.

I will only comment positively here if fxpansion provide me with a free copy of Cypher 2. Take that fxpansion!

yellowmix wrote:Geist 2 works just fine on the latest Windows 10. Still best in class for loop ingestion and sequencing as far as I'm concerned. And not worried about it working on future OS versions.

Not sure what kind of update OP is looking for?
I like the idea of a product lasting...a hardware thing like a guitar lasts...but in the software world, the software must keep pace with the system it is running on, and I want to use products from developers who are active, and current.

And as for the "future OS versions", you just cannot be sure. I'm delighted that Geist 2 is working well for you! It simply remains unclear where this company is with all this, that is all I have been saying.

jancivil wrote:
Grizzellda wrote:Alright, guys...sure I can sense you are making fun of me, and that is fine. So what???

Maybe I even expected it. Actually, I did. I said in my post I would buy all their products...but who noticed that? :dog:

I like this f**k*n company, I want them to do well, get it? :hihi:
But they should be much, much more forthcoming, solid and lucid...hey, if not on KVR, then somewhere.

Sure, they're hiding, rather than you couldn't be arsed to use teh googles...

I only ever saw 'KVR Audio Forums' in the first place because FXpansion had a forum under KVR. This was in 2003.
They've had their own forum for years, like a decade. I know that because... I don't remember, I must've have had a need to see it.

Also telling people they're uncritical fans for knowing an entity has their own forum is... :scared:
Sometimes one deserves a bit of poking fun at. Don't be mad.
Sure jan, poke fun, I am quite lucid and I always like your posts. :hihi:

The "so called" FXpansion forum is a f**k"n ghost town, is it not? For heavens sake...wake up, jancivil !!!

KVR is the place to be! Well, isn't it? Sure it can get ****** here, but this is the best, most vibrant, super cool community for esoteric plug-in and DAW bullshit on this earth, and you ought to know that. :hihi:

:hihi: :hihi: ...Actually, I think you do know that!

Wth?

Feel free to wake up yourself OP.

FWIW Tremor is working just fine for me. Why are you singling out FXPansion? Any dev can go under or not. So far they are staying current. If you need to discuss their software then start a thread (one that isn’t a buncha doom n gloom crap.)
Last edited by CrystalWizard on Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

chk071 wrote:I will only comment positively here if fxpansion provide me with a free copy of Cypher 2. Take that fxpansion!
#MeToo

Cypher 2 is freaking awesome!!! I own a few of their other products though and I’d like to see more development. Especially with tremor. I don’t really see how they can leverage the MPE stuff into their other products as such. It will be amazing for all the updated synth squad stuff but, I haven’t heard much on the beta forums or anywhere else about how the buyout/ merger/ whatever will benefit or change any of their other plugins. Still, I use their stuff quite often all the time, old versions and new. I’m hoping that they’ll integrate the blocks stuff into their drum products, and add MPE modulation into their effects since Roli holds the reins now.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”