Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
chk071
KVRAF

16436 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:28 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

pdxindy wrote:
chk071 wrote:He's absolutely right though. Forums are more about agitating than anything else these days. Probably the reason why more and more company choose to close them, and go full Facebook or Twitter, where people can merely post one-liners, and the page owners have more control about what is being said and what is not.

You have far more control in your own dedicated forum than on Facebook... in fact, on Facebook you have no control whatsoever. If you talk about subjects they don't like, you will be censored in a variety of ways... some of which are invisible and completely unaccountable.

Maybe they consider Facebook users a different audience then. IDK.
bbtr
KVRist

392 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Postby bbtr; Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:36 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Grizzellda wrote:nice to here

barf!
himalaya
KVRAF

4753 posts since 23 Mar, 2006, from pendeLondonmonium

Postby himalaya; Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:52 am Re: A Convo about FXpansion? Who are they, still a real company?

A Convo about FXpansion?

I don't think FXpansion has released any convo-lution based plugins.

Who are they?

That's a deep question. Like...what is the meaning of life? Who am I?
Are we here? Is there life on Mars? Is this the place to be or is this the plaice to eat?

Still a real company?

Nothing is real. And nothing else matters. It's all a mental projection of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (Metallica studied at the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster).
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
martinjuenke
KVRAF

1780 posts since 28 Dec, 2015, from Germany

Postby martinjuenke; Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:58 am Re: A Convo about FXpansion? Who are they, still a real company?

himalaya wrote:
A Convo about FXpansion?

I don't think FXpansion has released any convo-lution based plugins.

Who are they?

That's a deep question. Like...what is the meaning of life? Who am I?
Are we here? Is there life on Mars? Is this the place to be or is this the plaice to eat?

Still a real company?

Nothing is real. And nothing else matters. It's all a mental projection of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (Metallica studied at the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster).

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music
jancivil
KVRAF

14869 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:20 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

martinjuenke wrote:
jancivil wrote:My issue at their forum: 1 view in 36 hrs. Which mighta been me.

bleak

That’s because there are no problems with their stuff!

I have a huge problem, the reason for the post (which I have worked around for some time now): Host Automation does not work at_all in VE Pro 6. It worked in VE Pro 5. ROLI support told me to get lost. There has been still only the one view now! Probably this guy that hangs out there all the time with a motorcycle policeman avatar.
Last edited by jancivil on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
jancivil
KVRAF

Postby jancivil; Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:24 am Re: A Convo about FXpansion? Who are they, still a real company?

last time I needed support (to reinstate my account which was taken over by a thief) was before this ROLI thing. I don't need support typically. THIS is broken. Am I the only person on earth that uses BFD 3 in VE Pro 6? The workaround has gotten OLD.

NOW I think the OP is not that silly. I don't see FXpansion doing anything at all now. Elvis has left the building, ladies and gentlemen.
JerGoertz
KVRAF

2007 posts since 19 Feb, 2004

Postby JerGoertz; Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:29 am Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Aloysius wrote:Yeah, breaker one nine
This here's the Rubber Duck
You got a copy on me Ben [KVR], c'mon

Uh, yeah, Ten-Four Ben [KVR], fer sure, fer sure
By golly it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon
Yeah, its a big Ten-Four there Ben [KVR]
Yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy
Mercy sakes alive, looks like we've got us A Convo about FXPansion ...

Convo ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

Will this here convo make it to the post-count border before Johnny Law shuts it down? :lol:
A well-behaved signature.
vurt
addled muppet weed

36054 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:15 pm Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

whyterabbyt wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:
zvenx wrote:you have me googling the reference. :-)
I still haven't found it. lol
what was it you meant to type?
rsp

It should be Poe's Law.

nevermore.

:lol:
vurt
addled muppet weed

36054 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:20 pm Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Grizzellda wrote:
I like the idea of a product lasting...a hardware thing like a guitar lasts...

you could always buy a hardware thing like a guitar?
or, buy software knowing that at some point a company may not be around to offer support any more and take your chances :shrug:
jancivil
KVRAF

Postby jancivil; Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:45 pm Re: A Convo about FXPansion? Who are they, still a real company?

martinjuenke wrote:
jancivil wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:F have finally completed their XPansion and from here on will be known as F-All :)

apparently :lol:

Are their synth type of instruments MPE now that it's Roli? I'm very interested in this. (In Cubendo an instrument doesn't have to be in order to be 5D (there are videos, my mind is not retaining that information atm) but this is a workaround.).

Strobe2 is and Cypher2 will be.
MPE with Strobe2 is really, really a class of its own!

Oh, that's right. My mind is going.
Grizzellda
KVRist

413 posts since 21 Feb, 2015

Postby Grizzellda; Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:22 pm Re: A Convo about FXpansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Hey jan, :hihi: I hope you get stuff sorted. Meanwhile, I will simply suggest Melda MDrummer.
Grizzellda
KVRist

413 posts since 21 Feb, 2015

Postby Grizzellda; Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:36 pm Re: A Convo about FXpansion? Who are they, still a real company?

It looks like this thread is winding down, losing momentum...and If nobody else would like to play, then I am going to bow out with this:

This thread was never anything against FXpansion whatsoever. Honestly.

And if ol' Grizzellda said it...then Grizzellda meant it. :hihi:

So hey, if FXpansion and ROLI have some long term plan going on for the future, progressive developments in hardware control, then I say this could be fantastic! Sure, this thread was only meant to stimulate "the convo", right?
martinjuenke
KVRAF

1780 posts since 28 Dec, 2015, from Germany

Postby martinjuenke; Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:45 am Re: A Convo about FXpansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music
jancivil
KVRAF

Postby jancivil; Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:49 am Re: A Convo about FXpansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Update on my support issue: it took 7 days once they {ROLI support} realized what I was after, but they thoroughly researched the issue, replicated the main bug and found one way I can move forward I didn't find before.
So in the end it's quite good support albeit they won't have worked exactly full time on it for a week.

So, as it stands they certainly appear to be functional.
jancivil
KVRAF

Postby jancivil; Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:53 am Re: A Convo about FXpansion? Who are they, still a real company?

Grizzellda wrote:Hey jan, :hihi: I hope you get stuff sorted. Meanwhile, I will simply suggest Melda MDrummer.

I have zero interest in other drums plugins, thanks. I am sorted for a basis; although for automation the BFD3 what I was using in 2015 beats what they have now for it as far as I can tell. I'm not exactly working full time on it either, though. ;)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments