IK Multimedia Miroslav 2 installation ain't happening, any advice?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know some folks get along great with IKM, but unfortunately pretty much every time I've bought something Sampletank-related from them over the last 8 years or so, installation, setup etc has always hiccoughed, and customer support has been often slower / less effective than it could have been. Nontheless I could not resist the new Miroslav on sale for $39, so ordered last night. My bad luck streak continues, unfortunately. I was wondering if any one might be able to help out.

I logged into my account, downloaded the IKM authorisation manager and went through all the steps involved in installing Miroslav2. I specified the drive locations and clicked though all the wizards, and in the end I got messages saying each one had been successful.

But it's not successful -- the sounds are never found. Three times in a row I have fully unistalled, reinstalled and run the wizards but am no closer to making music with it than I was before I paid for it.

I've spent around 2 hours on this now not counting writing this. I'd add that I have installed a few hundred VSTs so I know how installation is supposed to work, and can usually figure out a quirky process, but IKM's has me stumped. Seems quite badly done. I've googled and found other users get stuck with Miroslav 2 as well, but have not seen a solution posted.

The Miroslav 2 manual just mentions in passing that we need to go wherever the sounds were installed, and while it suggests a default, they are not there. It would be helpful if they named the files so one could search for them. I have done a full hard-drive search (using a great free utility, by the way, called "Everything" for PC) for files containing "Miroslav" and "Philharmonik" and not found anything which helps.

After installation, which the wizard said had been a success, I launch the standalone Miroslav 2 and find that the list of instruments I should be be seeing on the GUI, as shown in the manual, is nowhere to be found; and clicking / right-clicking around the GUI to find a way to load sounds doesn't pan out either.

The manual says to navigate to where the files were installed. The problem is they don't seem to have been installed; or if they have been I don't know where.

The installation creates two folders on my PC,

C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\Miroslav Philharmonik 2

and

C:\Users\User\Documents\IK Multimedia\Philharmonik 2

The latter is the IKM wizards suggested default path. I accepted it.

As you can see in this clip,

http://somup.com/cFjnboVN2W

both these folders have sub-folders which are promisingly named "Instruments" and "Multis" but these are all empty.

It seems like maybe the installation didn't finish, because I see in the

C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\Miroslav Philharmonik 2

folder three large files of 10MB+, with extensions like *.pak and *.vps; perhaps the stuff I need is in there, but the installation didn't actually extract them or what-not?

This clip shows me launching Mirlsav 2 standalone, seeing no instruments

http://somup.com/cFjnbOVNof

This seems far less intuitive than could be.

Can anyone advise?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Please double-check that you have installed all the Sounds Library files (they are separate downloads from the software download). In your User Area, under MP2, click on "Sounds Download" to see them. After downloading them please keep them somewhere safe so that you do not need to download them again (after 180 days, there's a small fee to reactivate the download).

As far as I know, the software download include the software AND the MP2 "instrument" files (with a .st3i file extension). The Sounds Library downloads contain the audio sample files (with a .pak file extension).

Pick a particular instrument and look in the "Instruments" folder and sub-folder for it. Then check in the equivalent location in the "Sample" folder for the sample file(s). Both need to be present for the instrument to load in MP2.[/quote]
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Please double-check that you have installed all the Sounds Library files (they are separate downloads from the software download). In your User Area, under MP2, click on "Sounds Download" to see them. After downloading them please keep them somewhere safe so that you do not need to download them again (after 180 days, there's a small fee to reactivate the download).

As far as I know, the software download include the software AND the MP2 "instrument" files (with a .st3i file extension). The Sounds Library downloads contain the audio sample files (with a .pak file extension).

Pick a particular instrument and look in the "Instruments" folder and sub-folder for it. Then check in the equivalent location in the "Sample" folder for the sample file(s). Both need to be present for the instrument to load in MP2.
[/quote]

Thank you DarkStar, downloading now. This was not at all obvious from the reseller's instructions or from the IKM site, I appreciate the steer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Return to “Instruments”