Zebra 2 Brain Overload

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

dandezebra wrote:I was learning Zebra 2 and doing pretty well, I thought, when this thread started.

I read most of it.

Now, I don't even know what DAW stands for anymore and I think an oscillator is something related to a fan. My OS hurts.
That almost makes you a fanboy :hihi:

Zebra Cat is amused :hihi:

Hear Rob Papen from his streaming last Thursday. In the first minute and a half he advises to keep Windows 7 as version 10 is not so good.

I mean, there are problems in Paradise ? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ycdd4c7aZ80

mevla wrote:Hear Rob Papen from his streaming last Thursday. In the first minute and a half he advises to keep Windows 7 as version 10 is not so good.

I mean, there are problems in Paradise ? :D
That’s absurd advice. :roll: Windows 10 works fine. 7 feels like antiquidated software by comparison IMHO.

Windows 7 will no longer receive security updates in less than a year and 1/2, and Windows 10 will supplant it as having the most users by the end of the year. It’s just absurd to recommend it IMHO. Rob needs to fix his software, is all.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Rob Papen advises to keep Windows 7? Damn... why did i ever upgrade to Windows 10...

No, seriously, Win 7 is no comparison to Win 10 IMO. Both performance and feature wise. No problems in paradise. Phew. :)

I won't ask now at which Windows version you decided to quit, and go Linux. I read someone in a german Linux Mint forum argue once that Windows update system is bad, because it uses Internet Explorer to get system updates. Turned out he hasn't been using Windows since Windows Me.

Mind you, I know zilch about Windows. Just found that funny as I was listening to this latest streaming about Predator2. :wink:

You are asking when I switched to Linux from Windows ? That was in 2000. I guess it was either Win98 or Windows 2000, do not remember. I do remember very well how much of a thick forest was MSDN at that time. Don't know if it got any better with time. After the switch I was extremely pleased to see that all information about that Linux OS was readily available in plain text and to the point.
Last edited by mevla on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:03 am, edited 5 times in total.

EnochLight wrote:Windows 10 works fine.
Did your unicorn post that?

I wouldn’t read into Rob’s comments too much. He was just saying that his computer auto updated to Win 10 unintentionally and he was having some software issues since. It could be drivers, screen recording software, livestream software etc. He isn’t saying that his product line doesn’t play nice with Win 10.

chk071 wrote:Rob Papen advises to keep Windows 7? Damn... why did i ever upgrade to Windows 10...

No, seriously, Win 7 is no comparison to Win 10 IMO. Both performance and feature wise. No problems in paradise. Phew. :)

I won't ask now at which Windows version you decided to quit, and go Linux. I read someone in a german Linux Mint forum argue once that Windows update system is bad, because it uses Internet Explorer to get system updates. Turned out he hasn't been using Windows since Windows Me.
You don't have to use a loose cannon to realize it's bashing
against the hull of a boat.
Win 10 is rolling release beta spyware, (I also consider linux
as perpetual beta, sans the data mining) Plenty of musicians
have had their studio computer nuked by invasion force 'upgrades',
as read in kvr and many other forums. I suspect that
forced upgrades will be the biggest issue long-time windows
users will have, with version 10. Plenty of musicians maintain
off-line daws. And it's ironic that some people have to practice
special security regimens, to protect themselves from their
own operating system, rented or leased, as the case may be.

I'm Captain of my linux systems, win 10 users are Petty Officers
at best. I've never seen a unicorn wearing rose coloured glasses,
but I think that may change soon :wink:
Cheers

mevla wrote:Mind you, I know zilch about Windows.
It's not nearly as bad as the Cult of Linux makes it out to be (not that I'm suggesting you're part of that cult). :party:
glokraw wrote: Did your unicorn post that?
It did! Right after it dropped off balloons and rainbows on your pillow last night.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:the Cult of Linux ... (not that I'm suggesting you're part of that cult). :party:
This is why forums can't have nice things.

low_low wrote:This is why forums can't have nice things.
Because the industry doesn't use Linux? :D :lol:

low_low wrote:
EnochLight wrote:the Cult of Linux ... (not that I'm suggesting you're part of that cult). :party:
This is why forums can't have nice things.
I think the typical rhetoric is pretty harmless. Every OS
version has it's cult-like adherants, as it's a common personality characteristic, also among sports fans,
political groups, cuisinarts etc etc
anything people invest time and passion in.
There are linux fanatics, mac fanatics, and Mr. Balmers followers. Most adhere to 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.'
Where is that IIABDFI button on the win 10 gui? :hihi:

Whenever it is time to fix it, I'm glad I'm using linux.
Everything important in it's /home/me folder,
not to be nuked if a new install is desired/needed.
Cheers

EnochLight wrote:
Audio industry you mean. Be specific. If not, you're also part of some cult.

mevla wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
Audio industry you mean. Be specific. If not, you're also part of some cult.
:lol:

Return to “Instruments”