Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12679 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:18 pm Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

mevla wrote:
wagtunes wrote: You need to see creations?


The question was to those people who replied, not you. OBVIOUSLY there's a lot of music being made using both Windows and Mac. Please do not be a warrior of sorts in order to promote your material.


You have a bad memory. I replied earlier about this whole Linux fiasco about how it's a poor choice for a good number of musicians because of the limited support it offers. If I was on Linux I'd probably never make music on PC and would have kept my hardware studio.

So my reply to you was most certainly relevant.
mevla
KVRian
 
1473 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Postby mevla; Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:19 pm Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

wagtunes wrote:Oh and you know what? This is easy enough to prove. Make a list of all the software that's supported by Windows, MAC and Linux and you'll see that Linux has the shortest list. This is indisputable.


As I already commented in this thread, a short list hones the skills.

This said, once you got a handle on creating and mixing music in Linux with u-he plugins (somewhat the topic) (1) then you can add all kind of niceties. Melda, Voxengo, Tone2, Synthmaster, IL, Sugar Bytes, Sonic Charge. Of course you will find plugins that do not run well. But wouldn't that be the reaction of a spoiled child somewhat ?

(1) u-he plugins that martinjuenke qualified as a poor and limited choice. Goes to show how rabid people can get when their so-called 'foundations' are shaken.
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12679 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:23 pm Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

mevla wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Oh and you know what? This is easy enough to prove. Make a list of all the software that's supported by Windows, MAC and Linux and you'll see that Linux has the shortest list. This is indisputable.


As I already commented in this thread, a short list hones the skills.

This said, once you got a handle on creating and mixing music in Linux with u-he plugins (somewhat the topic) (1) then you can add all kind of niceties. Melda, Voxengo, Tone2, Synthmaster, IL, Sugar Bytes, Sonic Charge. Of course you will find plugins that do not run well. But wouldn't that be the reaction of a spoiled child somewhat ?

(1) u-he plugins that martinjuenke qualified as a poor and limited choice. Goes to show how rabid people can get when their so-called 'foundations' are shaken.


Nobody's foundations are being shaken. At least mine aren't. I know what I own. I know what I can and can't run on Linux. The list of compatible plugins would be 10% of my collection. You can fanboi Linux all you want but it doesn't change facts.

And no, I will not list all my plugins that I use regularly yet again.
mevla
KVRian
 
1473 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Postby mevla; Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:27 pm Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

wagtunes wrote: You have a bad memory. I replied earlier about this whole Linux fiasco about how it's a poor choice for a good number of musicians because of the limited support it offers. If I was on Linux I'd probably never make music on PC and would have kept my hardware studio. So my reply to you was most certainly relevant.


1) It is well-known that learning how to mix with a restricted set of tools, plugins, is the best way to get mixing chops. Do you argue about that ?

2) How many times does it need to be repeated that u-he plugins do not constitute a poor and limited choice ?

You are all wondering about Zebra 3 ... can you make anything of what you've got ?

Wagenheim is an exception as he puts out a lot of tunes. About which it is a matter of taste, as it is with all music. Same with the soundsets he puts out. Again, please do not be a warrior of sorts to 'protect' people who otherwise are doing not much but collecting plugins.
mevla
KVRian
 
1473 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Postby mevla; Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:29 pm Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

wagtunes wrote: Nobody's foundations are being shaken. At least mine aren't. I know what I own. I know what I can and can't run on Linux. The list of compatible plugins would be 10% of my collection. You can fanboi Linux all you want but it doesn't change facts. And no, I will not list all my plugins that I use regularly yet again.


No need to list. You know, Japanese ink drawing is made only using black ink brushed out of a block. What is the thing that is put forth that has as an artistic gauge the number of plugins one owns ?
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12679 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:31 pm Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

mevla wrote:
wagtunes wrote: You have a bad memory. I replied earlier about this whole Linux fiasco about how it's a poor choice for a good number of musicians because of the limited support it offers. If I was on Linux I'd probably never make music on PC and would have kept my hardware studio. So my reply to you was most certainly relevant.


1) It is well-known that learning how to mix with a restricted set of tools, plugins, is the best way to get mixing chops. Do you argue about that ?

2) How many times does it need to be repeated that u-he plugins do not constitute a poor and limited choice ?

You are all wondering about Zebra 3 ... can you make anything of what you've got ?

Wagenheim is an exception as he puts out a lot of tunes. About which it is a matter of taste, as it is with all music. Same with the soundsets he puts out. Again, please do not be a warrior of sorts to 'protect' people who otherwise are doing not much but collecting plugins.


So you're saying that most people don't do anything at all? That's quite an assumption you're making without any evidence to back it up.

And you keep talking about U-he plugins. While I have almost all of them (just sold Hive because I never used it) synths themselves do not make up the majority of my music making tools. The things I use the most are not supported on Linux. So almost all the music that I do, short of the EDM stuff, I wouldn't be able to do. Linux would cripple me as a music producer.

Why is this so hard to understand?
mevla
KVRian
 
1473 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Postby mevla; Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:44 pm Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

wagtunes wrote:So you're saying that most people don't do anything at all? That's quite an assumption you're making without any evidence to back it up.


Again. Are you doing this on purpose ? It's about two people here to whom I asked the question.

wagtunes wrote:And you keep talking about U-he plugins. While I have almost all of them (just sold Hive because I never used it) synths themselves do not makeup the majority of my music making tools.


Good. I use the acoustic guitars and bass a lot. Not everything is made out of computers isn't it.

wagtunes wrote:The things I use the most are not supported on Linux.


Good. I haven't tried to run any vocaloid on Linux yet. Do you know "Kami no Kotoba" ? Hatsune Miku Append Dark can be expressive. Viewer warning by the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gapnq1uv2b8

wagtunes wrote:So almost all the music that I do, short of the EDM stuff, I wouldn't be able to do. Linux would cripple me as a music producer. Why is this so hard to understand?


Is this a question you are asking to yourself ?
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12679 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:54 pm Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

mevla wrote:
wagtunes wrote:So you're saying that most people don't do anything at all? That's quite an assumption you're making without any evidence to back it up.


Again. Are you doing this on purpose ? It's about two people here to whom I asked the question.

wagtunes wrote:And you keep talking about U-he plugins. While I have almost all of them (just sold Hive because I never used it) synths themselves do not makeup the majority of my music making tools.


Good. I use the acoustic guitars and bass a lot. Not everything is made out of computers isn't it.

wagtunes wrote:The things I use the most are not supported on Linux.


Good. I haven't tried to run any vocaloid on Linux yet. Do you know "Kami no Kotoba" ? Hatsune Miku Append Dark can be expressive. Viewer warning by the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gapnq1uv2b8

wagtunes wrote:So almost all the music that I do, short of the EDM stuff, I wouldn't be able to do. Linux would cripple me as a music producer. Why is this so hard to understand?


Is this a question you are asking to yourself ?


1. When you ask a question on a public forum, anybody is allowed to answer it. You don't get to dictate who can and can't answer.

2. No, it was a question I was asking you.

3. This is pointless. Respond if you want. I have nothing left to say to you.
mevla
KVRian
 
1473 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Postby mevla; Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:28 pm Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

wagtunes wrote: 1. When you ask a question on a public forum, anybody is allowed to answer it. You don't get to dictate who can and can't answer.

2. No, it was a question I was asking you.

3. This is pointless. Respond if you want. I have nothing left to say to you.


He he, then "Kami no kotoba", "God's word" has no influence whatsoever.
Last edited by mevla on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
 
1780 posts since 28 Dec, 2015, from Germany

Postby martinjuenke; Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:30 pm Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Etienne1973 wrote:Mac = snobs
Windows = plugin collectors
Linux = retarded freaks

I‘m on Mac and can state that this description is right... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music
User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
 
1780 posts since 28 Dec, 2015, from Germany

Postby martinjuenke; Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:35 pm Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

mevla wrote:u-he plugins that martinjuenke qualified as a poor and limited choice. Goes to show how rabid people can get when their so-called 'foundations' are shaken.

The u-he plugins that are ALL owned and used by martinjuenke would be a poor and limited choice if they were the only synths and effects I have... :party:

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music
User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
 
1780 posts since 28 Dec, 2015, from Germany

Postby martinjuenke; Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 pm Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

By the way: has anybody some popcorn?

Music was my first love...
Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music
low_low
KVRist
 
369 posts since 19 Jul, 2018

Postby low_low; Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:11 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

I'm glad Zeppelin was able to make music without Windows, that would have sucked, imagine if Page had been all like ... I can't make music because all I have is this electric guitar.
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12679 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:57 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

low_low wrote:I'm glad Zeppelin was able to make music without Windows, that would have sucked, imagine if Page had been all like ... I can't make music because all I have is this electric guitar.


Irrelevant. I could go back to a hardware studio as well. I used one for over 35 years and never even thought of moving to computer. But if you're going to chuck the hardware and go all software, Linux is a piss poor choice, period. This isn't even debatable given how little software Linux supports in this area. So can we please stop with all these stupid straw man arguments. It's tiresome.
Etienne1973
KVRist
 
289 posts since 7 Feb, 2013, from Switzerland

Postby Etienne1973; Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:06 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

glokraw wrote:Wine doesn't require a degree, just some forum browsing,
and much to the chagrine of FOSS zealots, makes hordes
of great windows plugins available. Several fine audio-centric
linux distros are available, with 95% of the work done,
jusy run your installers, or drag some .dlls, fire up
Reaper, and play.

Needing Reaper is a fly in many ointments, but wrapping
plugins with linvst makes them native to linux, where Bitwig,
Mixbus, Renoise, Tracktion, and others, can get involved.
There are also several happy FLStudio users
:hyper: I know you really care :hyper:

@Linux bashers: It seems we (me Mac included) know very little about the current state of Linux in the audio sector.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments