Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
low_low
KVRist
 
369 posts since 19 Jul, 2018

Postby low_low; Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:29 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

wagtunes wrote:
low_low wrote:I'm glad Zeppelin was able to make music without Windows, that would have sucked, imagine if Page had been all like ... I can't make music because all I have is this electric guitar.


Irrelevant. I could go back to a hardware studio as well. I used one for over 35 years and never even thought of moving to computer. But if you're going to chuck the hardware and go all software, Linux is a piss poor choice, period. This isn't even debatable given how little software Linux supports in this area. So can we please stop with all these stupid straw man arguments. It's tiresome.


Don't blame me for your argument ... you literally said you couldn't have made music w/o the tools you have.
User avatar
Urs
u-he
 
22230 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:54 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Any question about Zebra lately?
mevla
KVRian
 
1473 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Postby mevla; Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:09 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

wagtunes wrote: Irrelevant. I could go back to a hardware studio as well. I used one for over 35 years and never even thought of moving to computer. But if you're going to chuck the hardware and go all software, Linux is a piss poor choice, period. This isn't even debatable given how little software Linux supports in this area. So can we please stop with all these stupid straw man arguments. It's tiresome.


Your comments are a bit like the sound sets you make. They share the same total and irrevocable inflexibility IMHO. And that's just IMHO. I guess having a wide array of plugins do not always make things better. :D
recursive one
KVRAF
 
3468 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Postby recursive one; Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:13 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Urs wrote:Any question about Zebra lately?

What Zebra?
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...
Ranoka
KVRer
 
19 posts since 4 Jun, 2018

Postby Ranoka; Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:17 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

I'm new around here. Is this thread peak KVR?
low_low
KVRist
 
369 posts since 19 Jul, 2018

Postby low_low; Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:19 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Urs wrote:Any question about Zebra lately?


No, but there was much praise for the linux support.
User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
 
7326 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:45 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Urs wrote:Any question about Zebra lately?

:lol:
Fernando (FMR)
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12679 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:46 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

low_low wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
low_low wrote:I'm glad Zeppelin was able to make music without Windows, that would have sucked, imagine if Page had been all like ... I can't make music because all I have is this electric guitar.


Irrelevant. I could go back to a hardware studio as well. I used one for over 35 years and never even thought of moving to computer. But if you're going to chuck the hardware and go all software, Linux is a piss poor choice, period. This isn't even debatable given how little software Linux supports in this area. So can we please stop with all these stupid straw man arguments. It's tiresome.


Don't blame me for your argument ... you literally said you couldn't have made music w/o the tools you have.


That's right. I can't. My hardware is gone. And even if I still had my hardware studio, I couldn't do the things I can do now. The stuff I use didn't exist in the hardware world. We have tech now that we couldn't even imagine 20 years ago. I am thankful every day for the things I have that allow me to do the things I can do, hardware or software. Linux would NOT allow me to do those things.

You can argue with that all you want (typical for KVR) but it doesn't change the facts.
low_low
KVRist
 
369 posts since 19 Jul, 2018

Postby low_low; Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:54 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

low_low wrote:
Urs wrote:Any question about Zebra lately?


No, but there was much praise for the linux support.


And we all want to know if we should pronounce it the colonial sounding ZEEBRA ...

Image

Or the more elegant posh sounding Zebra (as in Debra) ...

Image
User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
 
6432 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:58 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Isn't it the other way around?
The english, colonialists? say Zebra like Debra like we do in the Caribbean and the Americans say Zeebra?
rsp
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
36054 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:06 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

don't tell the americans, but they're still a colony ;) shhhhh!
low_low
KVRist
 
369 posts since 19 Jul, 2018

Postby low_low; Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:20 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

zvenx wrote:Isn't it the other way around?
The english, colonialists? say Zebra like Debra like we do in the Caribbean and the Americans say Zeebra?
rsp


Yes, but also in America they say colonial to mean English colonies, referring to the what became the Americans themselves, not the English ...
User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
 
887 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:35 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

mevla wrote:And it prevents you from showing any creation you have made.


Ahhhh, I see. You're "one of those people", who - when cornered - suddenly make it a dance off competition. Again, adorable. :party:

It's not necessary to move the goal posts of the conversation. Let's stay on topic.

Urs wrote:Any question about Zebra lately?


Any idea when Zebra 2 will be ready? :)
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5.x | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 10.1 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
spunkmuffin
KVRian
 
656 posts since 5 Sep, 2014

Postby spunkmuffin; Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:27 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

Ranoka wrote:I'm new around here. Is this thread peak KVR?

Yeah it's stuck in a swamp far below base camp. :cry: :clown:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:
User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
 
36054 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:22 am Re: Zebra 2 Brain Overload

EnochLight wrote:.

Urs wrote:Any question about Zebra lately?


Any idea when Zebra 2 will be ready? :)

few years back now
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments