Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
Daru925
KVRist

186 posts since 20 Mar, 2015, from Nerima, Tokyo

Postby Daru925; Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:35 pm Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

Im still perfectly happy using massive and fm8 with a few third party and live 10's effects. Curious about massive x/fm X? (and zebra 3) but they will have to add gamechanging features for me to consider upgrading.

I demo a lot of synths but i always feel like i can produce the same sounds with my current gear and a bit more effort.
Apart from comfort and speed, they don't add anything that i really want/need.
It's not to say modern synth sucks by any means.

For example if i were to start music today, i could just buy live suite or reaktor and i've already alot covered in terms of electronica. I probably wouldn't buy massive in 2018.
dandezebra
KVRian

599 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:10 pm Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

Zebra 3
Dune 3
Diva 2? Ha!
Massive X
GUI size updates for anything Air :x
mholloway
KVRian

907 posts since 10 Jan, 2009, from Portland, OR, USA

Postby mholloway; Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:12 pm Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

definitely very interested to see what Massive X is going to be.
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER
Niowiad
KVRist

175 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Postby Niowiad; Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:43 pm Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

dmbaer wrote:Melda Production MSoundFactory (and, of course, Zebra 3, Blue 3 - or is it Blue III? - and Synthmaster 3).

Yeah I forgot this one in my other post. Definitely looking forward to it.
Grizzellda
KVRist

413 posts since 21 Feb, 2015

Postby Grizzellda; Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:26 pm Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

A friendly memo to KVR member chk071:

Well dude, yup...you must be lonely, or bored, chk071; rilly, rilly bored. Well, to start a thread like this...but hey, sure I will play.

***Z3ta 3, of course, but what is up with Cakewalk? SuperFans are all like "BANDLAB!...BANDLAB!", and I am like what????

***A new product from Madrona Labs would be very welcome. Sure!!! some mathematical stuff. Geeky stuff, actually...can it be done? :hihi:

***Are you guys aware that Melda is working on a new product? I think it is something like a dope sampling engine with a multitude of other features...dunno, as we will see. 8) 8)

***Unfiltered Audio has been talking about a new synth...and they have not got one yet. So then they basically need to get one, right? :hihi: :D :hihi: :D

So you see dear chk071, :hihi: these are my big contributions to you tired thread. And it is tired, admit it...but still I played, and I will leave the Zebra & Dune & Synthmaster stuff to other posters but hey, wait!!! who can that be snoring???

it is you chk071, WAKE UP!!! :lol: :lol: :hihi: :hihi: :lol: :lol: :hihi: :hihi: this is supposed to be your thread...

yeah, dude, I know how KVR gets, alright? :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Grizzellda on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cthonophonic
KVRist

72 posts since 1 Jan, 2018

Postby cthonophonic; Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:03 pm Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

I'd be fine with ZebraHZ 2.8.

Otherwise, uh... Tassman 5?
dangayle
KVRian

575 posts since 29 Mar, 2014

Postby dangayle; Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:32 pm Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

In order of heart palpitation inducement:

- The new Cytomic synth, which should challenge Diva for the analog throne
- An iZotope Iris 2 update. I mean, literally, even just some bug fixes or something you bastards
- An updated Bazille, which is my favorite FSU synth
- The updated Hive with wavetables, but somehow other than Serum to edit wavetables effectively
- A U-he drum synth, make it happen Urs, all the others have terrible GUIs or terrible sound. Unite us all under one banner.
- If Unfiltered Audio is rumored to be developing a synth, count me aboard that choo choo train.
- D16 to update Phoscyon, Drumazon, Lush101, etc GUIs for the current decade's monitor sizes
- A Fab Filter Twin 3, a great sounding synth but the UI could use a refresh
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

6078 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:22 am Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

Omnisphere 2.5 is about it.
I’ll be curious to try cypher 2 and the cytomic synth.
Somewhat curious what Massive X will be.
And I suppose technically IKM midi guitars will be synths since it’s physicaly modeling and I’m looking forward to trying that when it’s released.

That’s about it.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
nilhartman
KVRist

398 posts since 15 Feb, 2012, from France

Postby nilhartman; Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:38 am Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

dangayle wrote:In order of heart palpitation inducement:

- The new Cytomic synth, which should challenge Diva for the analog throne
(...)
- An updated Bazille, which is my favorite FSU synth
- The updated Hive with wavetables, but somehow other than Serum to edit wavetables effectively
- A U-he drum synth, make it happen Urs, all the others have terrible GUIs or terrible sound. Unite us all under one banner.
(...)

- I forgot about Andy's synth! Should be tasty indeed.
- Updated Bazille would be amazing, my favorite synth, period.
- Upcoming Hive's version is quite promising, I might add it to my deliberately limited synth collection
- I dream of a u-he drum synth! I can get amazing drums / percs with Bazille, Zebra... but a more percussion focused/fine-tuned synth would be ideal.
Tj Shredder
KVRian

793 posts since 6 Jan, 2017, from Outer Space

Postby Tj Shredder; Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:34 am Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

I wonder why nobody mentioned this plug-in... Hard to beat in a context like this thread...
Cinebient
KVRAF

3516 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:50 am Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

P900 v2.0.....i mean i doubt it will happen but v.1.21 is already by far the best sounding synth for analog/vintage ever for me. It sounds better than hardware to me.
So i´m happy with it but there are a few bugs and i´m always scared now if the next update will break it finally (f.e. if i need to update to the new OS for the next major Logic update).
Of course i already have enough synths and FX to explore and master until the end of my lifetime :D
Grizzellda
KVRist

413 posts since 21 Feb, 2015

Postby Grizzellda; Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:55 am Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
PietW.
KVRian

833 posts since 6 May, 2010, from Munich, Germany

Postby PietW.; Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:03 am Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

dandezebra wrote:Zebra 3
Dune 3
Diva 2? Ha!
Massive X
GUI size updates for anything Air :x

Absolutly. :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
PietW.
KVRian

833 posts since 6 May, 2010, from Munich, Germany

Postby PietW.; Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:04 am Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

A VST Version of the KAWAI K5000S
Saukar30
KVRian

990 posts since 2 Mar, 2005

Postby Saukar30; Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:47 am Re: Any soft synth you are waiting for?

Dune 3 & Synthmaster 3 for me!

Also would love an update to Pure Synth Platinum from Gospel Musicians... its like a condensed version of Falcon for UVI Workstation. 1 of my favorites.

This new P2000 from Wusik looks like it would be the perfect utility for combining synths as well.

Not holding my breath, but AIR really should update their plugins to atleast be resizeable.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments