Hexeract - What happened?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's the original KVR thread about Auddict's Hexeract:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=495262

Tons of hype, I really liked the sound in the demo vids, there was lots of discussion across the net, it got trashed in the thread here, and then... silence beginning about mid-April. No posts, updates, nothing on their FB page.

The $100 promo price is still up on Auddict's site. Anybody here who bought it got any more info about what is/isn't going on with this thing?

I bought it and received no more informations...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Same here...

But they seem to be a bit more active on the VI-Control forum. Apparently an update to the synth is coming.

https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... st-4257471

Doesn't seem to be a KVR product page for it yet.

Just seen it on the site its still "Flash sale" since nearly a year now..... :lol:

Only thing I can say about the Hexeract site of Auddict now after following it on VI for nearly that year:
nearly out
in the definition of Auddict means: from a few month too.....

But the product is not bad at all, but I still think beginning the marketing NOW when (if....) the new version comes out would have prevented from many frustrations and misunderstandings...

I cant help but my general view on Auddict with the insides of this Hexeract thing has changed. At least they are not dead, there is a post on VI seeking for a develloper....

Thanks, for the feedback, guys!
tatanka wrote:Jt least they are not dead, there is a post on VI seeking for a develloper....
Hmmm... I wonder if they lost whoever it was who was doing the coding on this thing and have stalled out until they can be replaced.

GreyLion wrote:Thanks, for the feedback, guys!
tatanka wrote:Jt least they are not dead, there is a post on VI seeking for a develloper....
Hmmm... I wonder if they lost whoever it was who was doing the coding on this thing and have stalled out until they can be replaced.
The post is for sound designers, preset designers and GUI designers rather than app coders. If they'd lost their coder on Hexeract, that would be a major problem as far as I can see - he's the same person that developed the underlying HISE sampler.

I have Hexeract and found it, frankly, underwhelming. At its notional full price it's up against some serious competition and, as a synth backed up by a sample library, it's only advantage against something like Omnisphere is price. I think they'd have been better off marketing it as a set of focused sample libraries based on Auddict's existing content with a synth inside (much like Heavyocity has with Gravity etc using the Kontakt engine) until they got enough bits and pieces together to launch a fully fledged synth. The engine today simply doesn't live up to the grand claims. It just feels half-finished and they have a long way to go to fill in the holes.

Gamma-UT wrote:It just feels half-finished and they have a long way to go to fill in the holes.
My thoughts exactly. I bought it. Wish I hadn't. I've brought it out every now and then, but the damn thing is just too flaky. There were some serious UI bugs that have been mostly fixed, but I can't even do simple patches without artifacts and crackles. They seriously oversold this thing, and I suspect that the HISE engine on which this thing is built is largely responsible for its problems.

teilo wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote:It just feels half-finished and they have a long way to go to fill in the holes.
My thoughts exactly. I bought it. Wish I hadn't. I've brought it out every now and then, but the damn thing is just too flaky. There were some serious UI bugs that have been mostly fixed, but I can't even do simple patches without artifacts and crackles. They seriously oversold this thing, and I suspect that the HISE engine on which this thing is built is largely responsible for its problems.
When I saw how horrible this thing was I got a refund. I suggest you do the same. If everybody did that, maybe they'd make a product that works. One of the most disgraceful pieces of crap that ever came out.

wagtunes wrote:
teilo wrote:
When I saw how horrible this thing was I got a refund. I suggest you do the same. If everybody did that, maybe they'd make a product that works. One of the most disgraceful pieces of crap that ever came out.
The problem of these small developers: a key person leaves the team and everything goes bust...

Sry. Everyone who jumped on this i dunno.... why coulnt u wait? Pretty lazy company. Bad markrting etc.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

martinjuenke wrote:Stevie Nicks video
Can't wait for the intro to end?

Wonder why the thing got trashed. I mean, it's not exactly my cup of tea either, but, there were sounds in the sound demos i would only have expected from a hardware synth. Think punchy and beefy. Maybe soft synth people are not into punchy and beefy? Sometimes appears to me, especially when i hear that soft, weak, clean sound of some of the more recent soft synths.

Lol... just browsing through this thread, and this is grand: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9#p7054599

The self entitlement these days. ;) And the expectations that devs are omni present on forums.

They are mostly a sample company (and their sample libraries are quite good, actually) and this was their first attempt at a synth. It was certainly a learning experience for them and as much as I wanted to jump in, I'm glad I waited as they have made a lot of mistakes along the way. Had I bought it, the silence alone would have been frustrating beyond belief. They keep making promises with lacklustre results which sucks because I really want to like what they are doing but I don't see this ending well for them. It will likely be abandoned eventually in favour of a new attempt having learned from mistakes made.

Return to “Instruments”