Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
Jonathan10
KVRer

13 posts since 17 Sep, 2017

Postby Jonathan10; Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:27 pm Re: Hexeract - What happened?

The bizarre thing about Hexeract is that there are a couple presets that are first rate and hold up against any Kontakt library. The thing is creating anything with it is a pain in the ass. If the developer could through in a bunch more presets to hold off paying customers until thing becomes more usable would go a long way.
tatanka
KVRian

890 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:40 am Re: Hexeract - What happened?

Seems a big update now really not far away:

We‘re beyond feature lock and are currently testing a release candidate but there were so many changes (in both new features as well as internal engine improvements) that this takes a considerable more amount of time (and trust me we also want to put this out ASAP and move on with the next projects).

But the theory that the coder left HEXERACT is definitely not true, in contrary I have put nearly as much time in this update as I have for the initial release.

Maybe my info about Auddict searching for someone for develloping was misleading, so sorry for that, was not meant to go in that direction.
teilo
KVRist

147 posts since 29 Mar, 2008

Postby teilo; Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:02 am Re: Hexeract - What happened?

chk071 wrote:Wonder why the thing got trashed. I mean, it's not exactly my cup of tea either, but, there were sounds in the sound demos i would only have expected from a hardware synth. Think punchy and beefy. Maybe soft synth people are not into punchy and beefy? Sometimes appears to me, especially when i hear that soft, weak, clean sound of some of the more recent soft synths.

Lol... just browsing through this thread, and this is grand: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9#p7054599

The self entitlement these days. ;) And the expectations that devs are omni present on forums.

Straw man much? The reason it got trashed is not because of the sound it is capable of. Read the comments.

Who cares about the demo, when you can't get the thing to play even a simple patch without crackling and artifacts, and that on a maxed out Macbook Pro (touchbar)? Or serious CPU usage problems caused by the GUI just being open, or a GUI that just won't work properly. On a quick look-see it seems great. Then you try to actually use it, and you give up.

It is not "self entitlement" to expect something you paid for to perform as advertised.
Last edited by teilo on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
macOS 10.13.x | Ableton 10 | Bitwig 2.x | Reason 10
MPK249 | Scarlett 6i6 v2 | DX7 w/SER-7 | Adam Audio T7V & Sub8
U-he everything | Komplete Ult. 11 | Serum | Steinberg Absolute 3 | Arturia V Coll. v5 | Fabfilter Pro all | countless others
Sono_Elements
KVRer

10 posts since 9 Aug, 2018

Postby Sono_Elements; Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:36 am Re: Hexeract - What happened?

From what I've heard in the YouTube videos, it sounds really good. But I can't stand the interface, I'm uncomfortable just by looking at it. :?
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments