Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
acid alex
KVRer
 
29 posts since 23 Feb, 2017

Postby acid alex; Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:48 am Should I buy Dune 2 right now, or will Dune 3 be released soon?

I've been thinking about buying Dune 2 but I've seen a few posts recently in various forums about a Dune 3 being in beta. Is this correct? I don't really want to buy Dune 2 now if they about to release a big update soon. Does anyone know if they tend to have a cheap upgrade path when they release new versions? Thanks
Neon Breath
KVRAF
 
2825 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Postby Neon Breath; Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:48 pm Re: Should I buy Dune 2 right now, or will Dune 3 be released soon?

No idea if it's gonna be released soon, but why not getting it then update with a customer price to the V3 instead of paying the full V3 price?
__________________________________________________
http://redfog-drone.bandcamp.com
http://soundcloud.com/sleeping-on-lotus-ashes
__________________________________________________
chk071
KVRAF
 
16436 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:51 pm Re: Should I buy Dune 2 right now, or will Dune 3 be released soon?

I would guess it is only a couple more months away. I'd wait, TBH. Especially considering that Dune 3 will be patch compatible with Dune 2 (as far as i understood it), so, there's nothing to lose.

About the upgrade path: They haven't announced anything in that regard.
User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
11694 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:35 am Re: Should I buy Dune 2 right now, or will Dune 3 be released soon?

A Xmas gift :wink:
User avatar
W23
KVRist
 
166 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby W23; Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:31 am Re: Should I buy Dune 2 right now, or will Dune 3 be released soon?

I would wait for a sale before buying 2 or 3. They DO have sales. That's how I bought mine. I won't knock the regular price but, I saved $70 just by waiting a couple of months
acid alex
KVRer
 
29 posts since 23 Feb, 2017

Postby acid alex; Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:17 pm Re: Should I buy Dune 2 right now, or will Dune 3 be released soon?

I’m going to wait I think. I have Wavetable in Live 10 which seems more than capable (more so than Dune 2 you might say) so will stick with that for now I think.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments