your "super-synth" ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Grizzellda wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Synths all suck in one way or another. There is always something wrong...
Are you saying you really mean this, or are you simply being provocative in a convo, so some one will anwser this? Well I am answering. 8)

Because all synths do not suck. Actually, modern synths are fan- f*ck*n-tastic,

Are you lonely? :hihi:
TBH, i think he even has a point when talking about soft synths. It took me a long, long time to get where i am now. That means, having picked 3 or 4 "go-to" synths (out of at least 50 i tried), which offer me good quality sound on a broad spectrum. Most soft synths are one-trick ponies, which have a sweet spot as thin as a piece of paper. Sorry to say, but that's the way i feel about it. And, the new generation of soft synths or hardware VA also all come with a clean, tame, and boring sound i don't like it. The latest i have noticed that is the Waldorf Quantum. I really like their former synths, but... since Nave, they really went into a direction which is not very pleasant for me. No wonder, as there's different people coding their stuff now. Not sure how much of the old code is still in those machines anyway.

fmr wrote:My question was when put side by side with Softube Modular and Avenger. And the topic is titled Super-Synth. Can you relate FabFilter One with something "Super-Synth"?
The poster was trying to say that their "super synth" was a mixture of synths built into a "super synth", that it wasn't just one particular synth plugin to get the effect they were looking for. I think (I'm not trying to put words in their mouth) that they meant that FF One is a part of that "super synth", one of its oscillators in effect.

chk071 wrote:And, the new generation of soft synths or hardware VA also all come with a clean, tame, and boring sound i don't like it.
Well, now you are getting esoteric, dude. Because modern synths are so highly programmable and configurable...

Also, the sound output of those synths can be so much further modified by FX.

What do you like...might be the question? :hihi:

Well, what I meant is that every synth I have tried to far had some deficit, either it was the GUI, or the sound, or the CPU load, or it was lacking features I need. There was always something else, so I am forced to settle for the lesser evil, so to speak.
I would be really happy if there were a synth that fulfilled all my needs, which are not that much to begin with, mind you.

Grizzellda wrote:
chk071 wrote:And, the new generation of soft synths or hardware VA also all come with a clean, tame, and boring sound i don't like it.
Well, now you are getting esoteric, dude. Because modern synths are so highly programmable and configurable...

So, in your opinion, people used to choose a Minimoog, because it has quite a potential to change its sound, plus it could get further modified with fx?

Don't take it personal, that's a general attitude i just don't get, on this or other forums. ;) I choose synths for their sound. Not their potential to get mangle with effects.

A Painter with no talent blames his brush and canvas. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

chk071 wrote:
Grizzellda wrote:

So, in your opinion, people used to choose a Minimoog, because it has quite a potential to change its sound, plus it could get further modified with fx?

Don't take it personal, that's a general attitude i just don't get, on this or other forums. ;) I choose synths for their sound. Not their potential to get mangle with effects.
I think it's just a general change of producers' mindset. 10 years ago it was like "you need Virus to get these hypersaws and plucks, you need Nordlead to get these ripping FM sounds, you need JP8000 to get these huge pads, otherwise it won't sound right", now it's more about sound design and production techniques where the basic character of the synth is not that important as it is going to be layered, processed, resampled and whatnot.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I never choose a synth for the type of synthesis (wavetable / rompler...) i choose it because of the sound ...
I own , in the past, thorn,sylenth,spire....nearly everything.i have keept the only one i use ( i forgot to mention minimonsta that i still use)... Even if they all sound good , it was missing something for me.

low_low wrote:
fmr wrote:My question was when put side by side with Softube Modular and Avenger. And the topic is titled Super-Synth. Can you relate FabFilter One with something "Super-Synth"?
The poster was trying to say that their "super synth" was a mixture of synths built into a "super synth", that it wasn't just one particular synth plugin to get the effect (they were) he was looking for. I think (I'm not trying to put words in (their) (his/her) mouth) that (they) he meant that FF One is a part of that "super synth", one of its oscillators in effect.
Hmm... Reading that way, you may be right, and it would make some sense. But then, what he/she wrote in the OP didn't came through that way to me. :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

fluffy_little_something wrote: I would be really happy if there were a synth that fulfilled all my needs, which are not that much to begin with, mind you.
heh heh, well, ya see, fluffmeister, then you ought to be satisfied with what is already available, in 2018...dont'cha think? :dog:

You think I'm a smart ass? COME ON !!! :hihi: :hihi: :lol:

Seriously, fluffmeister, synths today are beautiful, maybe you should look within if you are struggling!

I'd say Avenger fits the bill.
You are currently reading my signature.

Avenger for sure. It's heavy, slow and needs bouncing of tracks more often, but it's the very definition of the super synth.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

hivkorn wrote:I have the feeling that I have tested every "must have synth" and i finally stop on Avenger ,Softube modular and fabfilter one ...and you ?...what would be advice , Am i missing something ? what is the last one i could buy ?
You already have quite enough everything is a variation on a theme. Maybe you are just bored.

Bored,....,yeah i think you got it.
When was the last time i was excited or surprise by a vst synth ?...
In the beginning everything was amazing,but now nothing is really exciting.
Just like :" ho a new synth ! Let ear what it can do....ho sh*t , this is just another super analog sound better than everything before...next"

The same for the effect...

recursive one wrote:think it's just a general change of producers' mindset. 10 years ago it was like "you need Virus to get these hypersaws and plucks, you need Nordlead to get these ripping FM sounds, you need JP8000 to get these huge pads, otherwise it won't sound right", now it's more about sound design and production techniques where the basic character of the synth is not that important as it is going to be layered, processed, resampled and whatnot.
Sure, and nicely said. :hihi: This is the type of view I have maintained on KVR, as it just makes sense.

Synths nowadays are so powerful, that when someone complains, I simply question that.

Return to “Instruments”