Buy Omnisphere 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 2

Trancer wrote:Thank you to all of you.

I meant choirs.

It's true there are expansions for Nexus 2, I'll listen to that.

There are more specific VSTs, like at East West Symphonic for example and it seems to me that it takes Kontakt to make it work.

thanks again
EWQL has its own engine for its choir product, which I own, but it's a royal PITA to work with, which is why I recently got VSL to move away from EWQL.

Thanks again for your answers, Kontakt is a nice tool indeed.

Vsl, not bad either, but the price is consistent.

Indeed I will open another post.

thank you very much

I thank you again very sincerely for your answers and advice.

Thank you to all of you.

Spire banks for sound, Hive, I already have some. But there are some that you introduced me that I really like, thank you.

Regarding Omnisphere 2, even if it is part of exceptional VST, it seems more judicious to go through a Vst more specialized in orchestral and choirs.

As advised I will open a post on the subject.

Thanks again.

Trancer wrote:I thank you again very sincerely for your answers and advice.

Thank you to all of you.

Spire banks for sound, Hive, I already have some. But there are some that you introduced me that I really like, thank you.

Regarding Omnisphere 2, even if it is part of exceptional VST, it seems more judicious to go through a Vst more specialized in orchestral and choirs.

As advised I will open a post on the subject.

Thanks again.
Seems like a good idea. Your current collection of synths complements each other super well, and there's not a lot of gaps to be filled. Especially considering you have both Serum and Avenger. As far as orchestral/choir plugins go, like some others have said, there's some great stuff available with Kontakt; if you wait for a sale, I believe it can be had for $199 - less than half of what you'd pay for Omni2, and that gives you a load of samples, with the ability to expand at any time as you need it. Personally, I've had good luck with Sonivox Orchestral Companion and the Ableton Orchestral packs in terms of strings. Choirs, well, all I really have in terms of that is Xpand!2. :P So maybe I can't be of much help there.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Is there a demo for this famous Omnisphere?

martinjuenke wrote:Is there a demo for this famous Omnisphere?
Yes, it's brand new!

Omni Demo

ghettosynth wrote:
Yes, it's brand new!

Omni Demo
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

ghettosynth wrote:
Yes, it's brand new!

Omni Demo
You got me, you whatever... :dog:

Trancer wrote:Hello,

Questions before buying Omnisphere 2.

I compose electronic music (Trance).

I already have as VST Nexus 2, Avenger, Synthmaster 2.9, Hive, Spire, Serum.

Is it useful considering the other vst, to buy Ominsphere 2?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Sorry, didn't read the entire thread, so I apologize if you already got your answer. But I'll mention this: I also own Avenger, Synthmaster, Spire, and Serum. I bought Omnisphere 2, held onto it for about 4-5 months... and sold it.

You most certainly DO NOT need it for trance, IMHO. You've got everything you need in your list.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: You most certainly DO NOT need it for trance, IMHO. You've got everything you need in your list.
Totally agree. Maybe the issue is rather, like in my case, on the inspirational, motivational or creative side.

I know there's no way to determine this, but I wonder what the breakdown is, genre wise, of people who buy and use Omnisphere. Do you think it's mostly cinema and TV folks?

wagtunes wrote:I know there's no way to determine this, but I wonder what the breakdown is, genre wise, of people who buy and use Omnisphere. Do you think it's mostly cinema and TV folks?
I'm willing to wager that's a good possibility.

Assorted musings: I know it's all subjective, but I honestly didn't enjoy its GUI/UX, nor its browser, nor find much use for its library. There were a few truly awesome presets, but not enough to warrant the kind of money I spent on it (which is why I sold it).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

A big thank you to all of you for your exhilarated advice and most useful for the relevance of Omnisphere in my set.

Zenophilix

thank you,

I'm going to listen to this and watch Kontakt and its different compatible sound banks and applications

wagtunes wrote:I know there's no way to determine this, but I wonder what the breakdown is, genre wise, of people who buy and use Omnisphere. Do you think it's mostly cinema and TV folks?
Certainly its very popular for film / TV / games, but that's not necessarily just because its good for "filmic" type stuff. I think essentially it appeals most to people who are broad in what they use it for. Why I said to the OP it wasn't worth it in this case is that they only did one genre, and however varied that may or may not be, it'll likely still be a waste of 9/10ths of Omni.

Media users in general of course have very diverse requirements. Incidentally, this is different to workstation users - Omni users don't want it to be a jack of all trades, but rather that it excels in a lot of different areas, and is quick to find your way around and edit. You soon get into the habit of just reaching for Omni in a large range of cases, confident that it will do what you need well, and quickly (even more so with Trilian and / or Keyscape as well). Equally you know when NOT to use it - orchestral, realistic guitars etc.

So I'd guess that music producers in general are another large group of Omni users, at least producers who work across multiple genres. I reckon that's a useful if imperfect dividing line - if you do one kind of music, Omni makes little sense.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

EnochLight wrote:
I'm willing to wager that's a good possibility.

Assorted musings: I know it's all subjective, but I honestly didn't enjoy its GUI/UX, nor its browser, nor find much use for its library. There were a few truly awesome presets, but not enough to warrant the kind of money I spent on it (which is why I sold it).
That is about my response to Omni too... other than I didn't sell it cause I never bought it. One thing for me is over the years I have learned that I consistently like pure synthesis better than sample based synths. I enjoy WaveGenerator 2 far more than I ever would Omni.

Return to “Instruments”