Bring Elka Back - Elka Panther organ plug-in

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elka Panther Retro Pack

Why chose Soundion? Didn't you realise there's already a DSP company called SoundiRon?

Seems your doing yourself a disservice here! People will confuse the products, e.g. when searching on KVR. :?

edit:typo

If you guys could do a Synthex at U-he/Synapse level quality, I think you'd have a hit. I'd certainly be all over it.

Panther sounds great. :). Is there any chance we would be able to use the LEM echo as a separate effect? Would love to patch a guitar signal into it!

nocturnal owl wrote:Panther sounds great. :). Is there any chance we would be able to use the LEM echo as a separate effect? Would love to patch a guitar signal into it!
Instrument and effect VST's can't be combined but we could make the LEM a separate effect plug-in. It would have a bigger interface :) Lets first get the Panther tested and released.

ZeePok wrote: Why chose Soundion?
We chose Soundion because Apple code signs should be from a company with a Dun & Bradstreet validated number. The Elka, LEM and GEM trademarks are owned by Soundion. So we didn't had much choice.

Version 0.9.1-beta is released now.

Changelog:
  • Added tone decay time and noise level settings.
  • [AU] Fixed Logic validation.
  • Fixed vibrato on/off automation.
  • [GUI] Replaced tape delay bass/treble unipolar with bipolar knobs.
  • Nitpicked key contact release and vibrato speed curve/default value.
Known Issues:
  • Project load/save format will change, so future versions will not be able to read back settings.
  • Tape delay output can overload at high feedback settings.
  • Panic doesn't silence tape delay, reverb.
  • Some knobs/controls add "zipper" noise.
  • On/off switch (bypass) doesn't work.
  • [GUI] Tape delay VU meter doesn't work.
  • [GUI] Cab selection knob not always displays correct label.
  • [GUI] Pedal bass high C doesn't play when Bass Extension is off.
  • Missing features (coming soon): Panther 100 engine, MIDI setting.

Thanks Stohgs. First demo with the new version:

https://soundcloud.com/stohgs/mep

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:If you guys could do a Synthex at U-he/Synapse level quality, I think you'd have a hit. I'd certainly be all over it.
There already are two, both from Xils Lab. Syn'x and miniSyn'x :cool: :clown:

ZeePok wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:If you guys could do a Synthex at U-he/Synapse level quality, I think you'd have a hit. I'd certainly be all over it.
But none with that U-he quality. :hihi:
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
ZeePok wrote:
But none with that U-he quality. :hihi:

YMMV

Usability and GUI-wise, Xils synths do have to catch up with the times, I'd say. Sound-wise they're pretty great, but overall polish of the interface is missing IMHO. Preset browsing is horrible but I read they're working on an improved preset browser. They need to catch up a lot to match up with u-he's new preset browser, tho, which shaped up to be the best one in business. :)

Synthex... *yawn*

Huge Elka fan here.. I have a few of their beasts - neither a Synthex nor a Panther though.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Version 0.9.2-beta is released and downloadable now.

Changelog:
  • Implemented Panther 100 engine.
  • Extended bass volume range.
  • [GUI] Implemented mixer/tape delay VU meter.
  • [GUI] Fixed cab selection knob.
Known Issues:
  • Project load/save format will change, so future versions will not be
    able to read back settings.
  • Tape delay output can overload at high feedback settings.
  • Panic doesn't silence tape delay, reverb.
  • Some knobs/controls add "zipper" noise.
  • On/off switch (bypass) doesn't work.
  • [GUI] Pedal bass high C doesn't play when Bass Extension is off.
  • Missing features: MIDI settings.

We have one Beta user reporting there is at random no sound when this plug-in is used in Reaper 5.941 32 and 64 bit on Windows 10. If someone else experiences this please let us know because we can't reproduce it yet.

I like this guy, he doesn't give a f**k.
Instead of amping it up, giving you juicy details to make you salivate, he's like "Pfff ... come and get it - IF you can"

Btw, are you guys going to do any other organs, from other manufacturers?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Return to “Instruments”