The KVR Audio website is moving to a new server - please expect some disruption to services over the next 24-48 hours.

During the final stages of the transition several services will be disabled on the old server, such as new user registrations, KVR Marketplace transactions, developer admin features, forum search, posting in the forum, etc.

Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
nocturnal owl
KVRist

164 posts since 16 Feb, 2016, from west coast somewhere USA....

Postby nocturnal owl; Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:00 am Re: Bring Elka Back - Elka Panther public beta released

Elka Panther's tape delay "unit" gives me a boner. This should be a "input" effect similar to Native Instruments B4 VST input. One could rock it hard all night with this primitive effect. There is nothing wrong with the tape delay overload, quite controllable on this end. Reverb emulation sounds great but could use an extra drip, spring, splash, clash spooge option. Maybe a kick Elka's spring reverb tank option :phones: ?
martinic
KVRer

16 posts since 2 Jan, 2017, from The Netherlands

Postby martinic; Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:42 am Re: Bring Elka Back - Elka Panther public beta released

nocturnal owl wrote:This should be a "input" effect similar to Native Instruments B4 VST input.

We are considering making this a separate effect so you can use it this way. But first release the Elka Panther.

nocturnal owl wrote:Reverb emulation sounds great but could use an extra drip, spring, splash, clash spooge option. Maybe a kick Elka's spring reverb tank option :phones: ?

It will not make the v1.00 release but it would be a nice option. I have put it on the future feature list.
koshdukai
KVRist

136 posts since 11 Mar, 2007, from Portugal

Postby koshdukai; Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:43 pm Re: Bring Elka Back - Elka Panther public beta released

Installed the latest beta today. Been following Martin's VSTs since I found them a few years back and I was kinda bummed to see the F and V "disappear" though on the other hand, glad to see them "reappear" as Arturia products, which meant extra (optional) features and resizable GUI (among many other things).

...and that's basically what I'm currently missing in Elka Panther, a resizable GUI (top of the list of things I'm missing) and some internal (GUI-side) preset browser (at the bottom of my list, because Preset selection is working fine through Reason).

Regarding the fidelity of it, it feels/sounds like what I would expect though only having had first hand experience with a few low, middle and high-end Farfisa organs but listening/watching Elka Panther videos, it feels as close to the real thing as one could ask for, more so, once configured to work properly with a 61key MIDI controller.

I do have some questions, like:

Will MIDI Learn be a available? (though it's working fine as-is with Reason's Remote)

Are there any plans to assign a different MIDI Channel or incoming note range for the bass pedal ?

Any plans to add control values (floating tooltip or on the top bar) ?

I know that the Settings page should be enough to deal with seeing the values and dealing with the lack of GUI resizing but I had to ask :)
Tale
KVRist

479 posts since 12 Apr, 2010, from Lowlands of Holland

Postby Tale; Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:47 pm Re: Bring Elka Back - Elka Panther public beta released

[I'm Theo, the lead developer of Elka Panther.]

koshdukai wrote:Will MIDI Learn be a available? (though it's working fine as-is with Reason's Remote)

Yes, that is the plan.

koshdukai wrote:Are there any plans to assign a different MIDI Channel or incoming note range for the bass pedal ?

Yes, there will be two MIDI channels. The main channel will be for the regular keyboard and for controls, and a second MIDI channel just for the bass pedals.

koshdukai wrote:Any plans to add control values (floating tooltip or on the top bar) ?

Maybe... We will review the GUI, probably improve it a bit here and there, at some point, but likely not until after its release.
Martinic Scanner Vibrato
koshdukai
KVRist

136 posts since 11 Mar, 2007, from Portugal

Postby koshdukai; Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:33 am Re: Bring Elka Back - Elka Panther public beta released

Hi Theo,

Great to know. Thanks for the info! :)
Previous

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments