One Synth Challenge #115: Seismic by Syntonica (L-Ectrobit Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Seismic

In case REAPER users missed this https://mrelwood5.wixsite.com/plugins these plugins are free/donationware, and are JSFX only. They are very impressive. The dynamic EQ has oodles of functionality and the SKY processor (limit/comp/EQ tilt/rms basher) is amazing.

Not sure they can be used in the context of OSC?? - but I guess you could have scripted them yourself, and then that would be legal ;-)

dB

[deleted link]

Just a quick composition with presets. Nothing serious yet. I had a little bit time this morning. :hyper:

[EDIT]:

Sorry, but I failed to manage my time so I deleted this sketch. I don't want to waste the time for anyone. Till the next time!
Last edited by Medniex on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

My Submission - best served loud:

https://soundcloud.com/carl_saved/sheep ... s-clothing

Do you know such a Sheep in Wolf's Clothing? Scared of it and you don't know it's harmless and even useful? Well, I need to admit I don't trust all my sheep yet myself.

Seismic 1.3.0 x 29 in Live 10

DAW Audio FX:
EQ Eight x 23 (on nearly every sound and on master)
Compressor x 11 (7 for sidechaining, 2 for dynamic range reduction, 1 as transient shaper, 1 on master)
Utility x 7 (mainly stereo width control)
Reverb x 5 (3 sends, 2 single sounds, modulation disabled)
Ping Pong Delay x 5 (all single sounds)
Filter Delay x 2 (all single sounds)
Limiter x 1 (on Master)
Saturator x 1 (as limiter to the snare. Doesn't add much to the sound)

Thanks to syntonica for his work on Seismic. I enjoyed working with it a lot (sorry to hear that its flaws might keep some folks from working with it). It is a unique and inspiring, handcrafted instrument with limitations that are compensated by a whole lot of unusual new possibilities. Great job! :tu:

Hi ! For me the site is down ! I just would like to know how many time we have for make this ?

nujazzbes wrote:Hi ! For me the site is down ! I just would like to know how many time we have for make this ?
My website is currently responding. Please try again.

If you still cannot reach it, let me know what error message you get and which country you are in. Thanks!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Hi Syntonica. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that nujazzbes was referring to the google site's link, where is the info about the month's OSC and rules. This link is asking now for email and password to enter. This is new. I don't know if this is permanent or a momentary error.

nujazzbes, you have the rest of September (before the 1st of October) to submit a track. About Seismic in this link you have info about the synth and the link to Syntonica's web:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/seismi ... ca/details

I hope that it was helpful for you. :tu:

Edit: about the rules bjporter will have to publish them in a more accessible link in case this change in google site's link is permanent.

Edit 2: Seems the access to OSC's web is back to normal. 8)
Last edited by L-EctroBit on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oh. No worries then. :tu:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I've had so many ideas on where I wanted to take this; they ranged from mixed-meter jazz to seven-four drum 'n' bass to varying styles of microtonality.
When I actually had time to work, though, was when things shut down for Hurricane Florence. Because of that, I wanted to make something calm in response to the nervous uncertainty around the storm.

I present: Shelter.
https://soundcloud.com/anotherbenjamin/shelter

Composed/Produced in Reaper 5.95
11 instances of Seismic;
7 instances of ReaEQ;
1 instance of OrilRiver, mostly for my flute/loon in training.
(I also used MLoudnessAnalyzer... to analyze loudness.)

I welcome any and all advice or criticism, especially when it comes to mixing.
Just don't ask me to autotune my loon.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

@Syntonica yeah i was talking about the google link.
Your synth is so good the problem is just that i can't save my presets because i can't right everything, all my key input respond to ableton and not to seismic, not a big problem because they are save when i close and reopen my DAW. I'm on ableton 10 and windows 10.

Thanks !!

@Syntonica yeah i was talking about the google link.
Your synth is so good the problem is just that i can't save my presets because i can't right everything, all my key input respond to ableton and not to seismic, not a big problem because they are save when i close and reopen my DAW. I'm on ableton 10 and windows 10.

Thanks !!

Hi all Windows users,

Version 1.3.2 uploaded! Resizing should draw properly now. Helps if I don't duplicate my code redundantly in two places.

I abused Seismic with multiple plugins in Reaper, Live and MuLab. I was unable to get any crashing when moving huge bunches of notes about while they were playing. Reaper did like to engage auto-mute on sounds with tails as the loudness builds up.

Please rename your old dll and give this a whirl. Again, let me know what sort of VST abuse you were committing if it crashes! If you've reported before, please report in again if your problem persists.

Regarding Live, its just being mean. It does not send any keystrokes whatsoever, regardless if I use the VST hooks, the Windows hooks or even properly ask for them through Windows. Older versions apparently had an options.txt file that you could edit to get them, but later versions of live no longer seem to have this file. In going to have to dive in deeper as I fear I may have to create a new tiny little window just to get keystrokes. This makes the dev cry... :(

(The Mac version has not been updated. Unless you have any issues, keep calm and groove on.)

syntonica wrote:
Regarding Live, its just being mean. It does not send any keystrokes whatsoever, regardless if I use the VST hooks, the Windows hooks or even properly ask for them through Windows. Older versions apparently had an options.txt file that you could edit to get them, but later versions of live no longer seem to have this file. In going to have to dive in deeper as I fear I may have to create a new tiny little window just to get keystrokes. This makes the dev cry... :(
Ahm, the latest version now resizes again well, but I cannot type in anything. DAW Bitwig 2.4, Win 10x64. No way to type in parameters nor patch names :help:

Thanks. I'll take a look at Bitwig and see if it's the same issue as Live.

syntonica wrote:Thanks. I'll take a look at Bitwig and see if it's the same issue as Live.
I forgot to mention about the typing problem, that the Seismic version before the current one worked like a charm. I was able to type in values and patch names. Only today, after I've upgraded to the latest version of Seismic it stopped working. Not too bad, as my track is almost finished and I can revert to the previous version...

By the way: Cool Synth. If you ask me for only one small thing to improve Seismic in a future version, it would be a more "standard" approach to envelopes ;-). Fun envelopse like for instance the loopable multi-stage onse in thorn are really nice ;-)

Best Regards
Peter:H

] Peter:H [ wrote: By the way: Cool Synth. If you ask me for only one small thing to improve Seismic in a future version, it would be a more "standard" approach to envelopes ;-). Fun envelopes like for instance the loopable multi-stage ones in thorn are really nice ;-)
I agree, such a fun beast. Some unexpected sounds come out of it - and I found that once you get a nice sound, you can nearly always improve it by fiddling around with the various waveforms - basically playing with the harmonic structure of the final result. :borg:

It does seem that MSEGs are the current way to go with envelopes - or at least making them an option.

Many thanks for letting us play with it. :tu:

dB

Return to “Instruments”