Wusik Beta Testing (new installers, new Wusik EVE V5 and other products updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Was trying to find out how to transpose and fine tune EVE 5. Sure there's a way but if it is on the surface level in the Pitch Envelope, there is a rebound back to a central tuning once the key is released. ADSR's moderate the rebound. Don't see a manual yet so likely something I'm missing.

Found that EVE 5 causes a consistent crash in Reaper if in the Filter > Options > Disable Reset on NoteOn (is unchecked)

Can supply any logs required. Running Reaper 5.x on win 10 with i5 processor. My midi settings in Reaper are set to the normal installation defaults.

John K

uh... maybe I should have read the whole thread... Transpose and fine tune work excellent...sorry...
Last edited by Cakreshvara on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

The crash in Reaper was also duplicated in Bandlab (Sonar) on the same win 10 system.
DMP file attached in a zip file. Looks like they don't let you load dmp files as an attachment.

John K
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Day after the equinox. Was trying to get some decorative pins on the deck to mark an eye line of sight to the sunset. Got involved here and missed the sunset last night. The wife will drag me up no matter how many beers to get the sighting tonight.

Couple thoughts for the back burner or for never. Nothing critical. More feature request than functional beta test of the fine engine that is already here.

Was mentioned that the vertical track design was better than the horizontal. Agree, but maybe because imprinted already on EVE 3 layout.

As an option or by default, the custom tweaks to envelopes and the like should be discarded when a new preset is brought up, getting the synth back to ground zero. Can do this already by the re init function, but an extra step required to clear the field.

Cheers,
John K

First, thanks for the detailed reports so far, will take me some time to figure out everything but I will. :cool:
Cakreshvara wrote:As an option or by default, the custom tweaks to envelopes and the like should be discarded when a new preset is brought up, getting the synth back to ground zero. Can do this already by the re init function, but an extra step required to clear the field.
I didn't understand this. Every time you load a preset it will load all parameters and clear everything up. Unless something else is going on that I should take a look. :dog:

Cheers, WilliamK

Thank you William,

Couple ways to illustrate the carry forward of envelopes to a new preset and not getting a clean start.

A preset like the AOS Acoustic Guitar can be loaded. Then engage the Duo Test LFO Leslie SFX. Then open any other preset and the Duo Test follows the new preset.

Or, load a new instance of working Acoustic Guitar. Change the pitch envelope to get some gliding pitch changes. Change the amp ASDR or filters. Then open another preset, like AOS Delta Square. Delta Square will open but will retain the envelope tweaks that were applied to the Acoustic Guitar. the init tab under Presets will clear the previous envelope modifications.

Best,
John K

Ah, you are getting presets and soundsets mixed together. I will try to explain things up.

1) Presets are the collection of parameters, the sounds, envelope settings, filter settings, every single settings, sounds, etc ...

2) Sounds are just that, sounds. So if you load a preset and -Change- sounds, are you keeping the preset and just changing the sound.

Cheers, WilliamK

I loved this skin here soooooooooooooo much.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/wusik-station-by-wusik

Was the first Wusik I had with cool sounds in it.
My first sampler at all.
Now I use Kontakt 5 but ..........it does not have Wusiks sounds.
Lots of stuff from Artvera and so on.

Why can we have a skin like this again for the aktuel Wusik Samplers.
Was so beautifull. :cry:

Really.................................please.
I would buy a new version just for this skin. I am a romantic I think.

William??????
Hmmm :pray:

Hey classic, that's a hard one, as since V8 a lot has changed and it would require a lot of work for that skin to work on V8/V9, sorry...

Wk

New Wusik EVE V5 Beta 02

Sep 24 2018 - V5.0.0 BETA 02

! This updated requires you to update the DATA files too !

- DASHsnd files should now load correctly.
- Stereo Pan fader will now move horizontally.
- Added number selectors on the Left area too, they are the same as the ones next to the file browser.
- Fixed a problem with the filter reset mode on (extra options).

Don't forget to read the Quick Hints text file for some help on the interface. ;-)

Cheers, WilliamK

WilliamK wrote:Hey classic, that's a hard one, as since V8 a lot has changed and it would require a lot of work for that skin to work on V8/V9, sorry...

Wk

Well I understand.

But does this version run on win 10? Should couse its 64 bit .
Last time I downloadet the soundsets on of them was corrupt and does
stop the whole installation of the sounds.
Hope this is fixed :wink:

William,

Thank you for the DASHsnd fix. Works great.

And also for the clarification on presets vs soundsets. (Doesn't take a lot to confuse me) The approach is quite different but I see advantages after looking outside the way most else works. Was playing with creating and deleting presets and noticed that you can't delete wevepresetpack files from the GUI. That option is missing. Can always manually delete them from the data folder but would be good to delete the presetpacks as well from the right click drop down menu.

"- DASHsnd files should now load correctly.
- Stereo Pan fader will now move horizontally."

I'm still getting the opposite sliding behavior with the stereo pan. The pan works fine and gives a text R/L verification and the increments, but you have to slide right to pan to the left, and slide left to pan right. Minor issue. The new horizontal movement is good.

I'll keep beating EVE 5 up and see what more trouble I can get into.

John K

WilliamK wrote:Darker #2 ;-)

That's more like it. :D
Nice one!

CapnLockheed wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:The dark GUI for the original EVE from the DASHSignature days was by far the best. The new rust brown color is ugly IMO. Bring the original GUI back! I loved the way the faux lcd lights would dance around upon opening the plug.

That was a fun iteration. Is it perhaps still floating about somewhere? :D
Well I still have the original EVE with this skin on a CD-Rom from wayyyyyy back when, but online I think it's long gone unfortunately.

SciFiArtMan wrote:Image

The vertical alignment (and therefore flow) of the above layout is sure more appealing to me than the horizontal layout of the newer UI. I realize the new design has many more onscreen parameters, but the the columns over rows idea would be a strong preference, for me.
Agreed, SciFi.

Maybe later on I will work on Wusik EVE V5 LT and it will feature one envelope editor at one time and less stuff on screen making it smaller and even easier to edit. ;-) But don't discard this version, otherwise it won't get popular and I won't work on it later on. :cry:

Cheers, WilliamK

Return to “Instruments”