Native Instruments Massive X Synth - Sequel to Massive (Out Now!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive Massive X X-Squared For Massive X

pixel85 wrote:....
I'm pretty sure that you're looking at different synth picture than Massive X and that's why you cant see similarities :wink:

Here I may help you......
Did you forget to include some pictures :?:

Igro wrote:They called is Massive X to avoid a cheap upgrade.

yeah but they could of made the upgrade price anything they wanted anyhow.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

felis wrote:
pixel85 wrote:....
I'm pretty sure that you're looking at different synth picture than Massive X and that's why you cant see similarities :wink:

Here I may help you......
Did you forget to include some pictures :?:
Here's the one someone put earlier in this topic or the other one about Komplete 12 announcement.
https://imgur.com/a/KU2hOF4

Found this description on Sweetwater's listing of Complete 12 on Massive x:
Massive X
NI’s flagship wavetable synth heads in a radical new direction with Massive X, with more sounds and more delicious presets to stoke your analog and digital appetites. Massive X looks to be not just one of the best virtual synths on the market, but one of the best synths, hardware or software, of its time. Highlights include:

Hands-on modular architecture — drag and drop to route oscillators into one another, create feedback loops, etc.
Single-page interface, complete with insert FX
2 wavetable oscillators with hundreds of presets
10 waveshaping modes to affect how wavetables are scanned through
5 envelopes and 4 LFOs
Onboard Monark filter — the best-sounding filter NI makes — plus filters inspired by synth giants
6-voice unison creates striking effects
New, sweeter chorus sound
Dimension Expander is better than ever
Better CPU efficiency — no need to Eco Mode

While we're waiting for Feb '19, I'd love NI to finally upgrade their stuff to 4K / high-DPI standard, because their plugins start to look dated (pixelated and/or blurry) on modern computers...

But frankly, I wouldn't be surprised in Massive X was the same. Does Trk-01 support 4K / high-DPI screens?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

TRK-01 is a Reaktor ensemble, and Reaktor doesn't support HiDPI yet. It's all bitmaps. And no, it's not easy to do this change in a couple of months.

EvilDragon wrote:TRK-01 is a Reaktor ensemble, and Reaktor doesn't support HiDPI yet. It's all bitmaps. And no, it's not easy to do this change in a couple of months.
Surely they've started working on it months (if not years) ago?

It's not like 4K screens and laptops only popped up in the middle of 2018 :)
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote:It's not like 4K screens and laptops only popped up in the middle of 2018 :)
The nice thing in this world is, that very successful companies tend to become less innovative and less aware of changing demands. Which gives room for more innovative smaller companies to grow...

Too much speculation and repetition of marketing blah in this thread... They pull it out to hold back your money from the more innovative developers... Just follow your ears, but with Massive X you can‘t yet...

Tj Shredder wrote:
antic604 wrote:It's not like 4K screens and laptops only popped up in the middle of 2018 :)
The nice thing in this world is, that very successful companies tend to become less innovative and less aware of changing demands. Which gives room for more innovative smaller companies to grow...

Too much speculation and repetition of marketing blah in this thread... They pull it out to hold back your money from the more innovative developers... Just follow your ears, but with Massive X you can‘t yet...
Oh, I'm not planning on getting the X unless it's really, REALLY great and special.
All I ask is them supporting the stuff I already own: Massive, FM8, Monark and Reaktor :)
Music tech enthusiast

It's also not like they're mainstream enough to be on the bleeding edge of supporting them. Especially when you have very old codebases like Reaktor, Kontakt, and well, pretty much all NI products except their FX range.

dZamora wrote:Found this description on Sweetwater's listing of Complete 12 on Massive x:
Massive X
NI’s flagship wavetable synth heads in a radical new direction with Massive X, with more sounds and more delicious presets to stoke your analog and digital appetites. Massive X looks to be not just one of the best virtual synths on the market, but one of the best synths, hardware or software, of its time. Highlights include:

Hands-on modular architecture — drag and drop to route oscillators into one another, create feedback loops, etc.
Single-page interface, complete with insert FX
2 wavetable oscillators with hundreds of presets
10 waveshaping modes to affect how wavetables are scanned through
5 envelopes and 4 LFOs
Onboard Monark filter — the best-sounding filter NI makes — plus filters inspired by synth giants
6-voice unison creates striking effects
New, sweeter chorus sound
Dimension Expander is better than ever
Better CPU efficiency — no need to Eco Mode
I'm looking forward to Massive X...

pixel85 wrote: Here's the one someone put earlier in this topic or the other one about Komplete 12 announcement.
https://imgur.com/a/KU2hOF4
Looks good. It still looks like Blocks to me though. Maybe it'll be a simpler to use Blocks derivative.

That wouldn't be nearly as CPU efficient and polyphonic at the same time.

EvilDragon wrote:
It's also not like they're mainstream enough to be on the bleeding edge of supporting them. Especially when you have very old codebases like Reaktor, Kontakt, and well, pretty much all NI products except their FX range.
Well maybe it's time for NI to wake up and have a shake up ?

Get rid of some of those dicks in the advertising department and employ some coders with some fresh ideas...

NI have taken their eyes off the ball and the're playing catch up in the soft synth world now :wink:
No auto tune...

It's a shift in focus, their hardware is where it's at, as that sells really well and can't be pirated.

Return to “Instruments”