Blue3- vintage tonewheel organ v2 is out !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Blue3

It's included. Says so right under download buttons. https://gg-audio.com/blue3.html

pianopaul01 wrote:I am using Blue3 in a Pinkk Floyd Tribute Band.
I was using B5-V2 and VB3 II and Blue3 and I have to say, only Blue3 cuts through the mix.
I use Blue3 in a Blood, Sweat & Tears / Chicago band. Together with pianoteq, AAS and some other synths and effects I have fexibility and sound quality that no hardware key could give me.
Very nice instrument.

just to make sure it won't go unnoticed, new v2 version features what is to my knowledge the first ever Yamaha RA-200 rotary speaker emulation. in software, at least.

a little history lesson for the inquiring: originally built for Yamaha console organs from the 70's, this thing was more "famously" used in conjunction with Hiwatt amps and Binson Echorec tape echo by... well, some guy named David, who cares, right.

joking aside, for those of you who previously used Blue3 for organ sounds in Floyd tribute bands, now you also can... or your guitar player can... I don't know about you, but I'm definitely in the mood for playing a certain "four-note sequence" through RA-200 in "Spin" and, say, something like Audiority Echoes T7E... if you get my drift.

The tweakability of this thing is unprecedented.

From cleanest to dirtiest and all in between, you can sculpt any Hammond tone with this.

+ you get external Leslie speakers to use with guitars, el. pianos, whatever floats your boat.

With price being rational and competitive, I'm not seeing how you could go wrong with this.

Job expertly done.

Dullee wrote: With price being rational and competitive, I'm not seeing how you could go wrong with this.
It may not be suitable for a lumberjack who has lost all of his fingers in an unfortunate accident...

Although,if he still has his feet attached,the bass pedals could be quite appealing...

But for the non accident prone lumberjacks and most everyone else out there,this organ is a thing of beauty :wink:
No auto tune...

considering Ray's rather dry sense of humor, I can see him writing a disclaimer on his website.
buyer beware: not for disabled lumberjacks, not for use in microwave ovens, not to be played with sticks, and generally, not for full-retardo commandos. thanks!

All of a sudden, after years of drought, we have a Hammond, or rather organ (I'm including Martinic's fab ELKA Panther), embarrassment of riches – no less than three superbly playable and tweakable B3 clones!

Ray's Blue3 has oodles of balls and a huge palette of sounds within the confines of the tonewheel/rotary domain. Great fun to play!

I think that Ray could easily have sold the v.2 upgrade for, say, $29.95. Releasing it free of charge, including Spin, to previous owners is really beyond generous.

Thank you, Ray! :hug:

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Yep, just bought it.
Add to all the points already made an unintrusive copy protection...

One thing I noticed on Cubase 9.5, Windows 7, 64 bit.

I initially only installed the VST3 Version. There I couldn't access the Gui Settings with mouse right click. I then installed the Standalone Version of the organ. There I could make adjustments and after that I could also make it within the VST3 Version.

Same with Spin. I couldn't access the menu in the VST3 version until I made a change in the VST2 version.
Afterwards I also could change settings within the VST3 version...

Happy to discover this plugin.
Will be purchasing in the not too distant future, lovely work! Thank you!

Absolutely love it and the upgrade was free!!!!

It looks great now too!! I don't care too much about how plugins look as long as they work- but this one looks really inspiring now I can almost smell the furniture polish and machine oil. :)

Wonderful upgrade. Still a relatively young plugin, but already one of the best, if not the best, available.

Agreed, awesome upgrade, and for free !

Something else that wasn't listed in the new features, if you look in settings window there is now a setting for "wind noise".
I can't remember, but I think that's also new in v2.

- Jay

For version 3, I hope that Ray will consider an emulation of the two-toggle start-up sequence of a vintage Hammond tonewheel organ:

First, you flip up the left hand toggle switch and hold it while the starting motor revs up with a slightly disconcerting rattle, bringing the tone generator assembly up to a speed that allows the main synchronous motor to take over.

After some 8 seconds, without letting go of the start-up toggle switch, you flip up the right hand switch for the main tone generator motor and wait a further 4 seconds.

Then, you release the spring loaded left hand switch and enjoy the slightly oscillating sound of the tone generator stabilising. Soon, as the tubes have warmed up, you can start playing.

The starting sequence could be emulated in Blue3 with left and right hand mouse buttons respectively.

If you want the ultimate in realism… ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Joachim.
I think you forgot about the match box to hold a key when needed?

Return to “Instruments”