The KVR Audio website is moving to a new server - please expect some disruption to services over the next 24-48 hours.

During the final stages of the transition several services will be disabled on the old server, such as new user registrations, KVR Marketplace transactions, developer admin features, forum search, posting in the forum, etc.

Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
crystalmsc
KVRist

415 posts since 18 Aug, 2012

Postby crystalmsc; Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:50 am Re: Blue3- vintage tonewheel organ v2 is out !

Bug Music wrote:Agreed, awesome upgrade, and for free !

I've been around since the Seer System Reality was released and this is the biggest free update that has ever happened in the VST world, especially organ simulation. Big respect to the developer!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums
digitalboytn
KVRian

1154 posts since 7 Dec, 2008, from Global Cowboy

Postby digitalboytn; Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:07 am Re: Blue3- vintage tonewheel organ v2 is out !

I've been around since the stone age and I think that this is the best virtual organ ever released...

I was on the fence with v1 - hanging onto the old faithful NI B4 ll, but I'm going to pull the trigger on this one...

Big improvements all around and the dirt and grime in v2 is much more realistic than what was happening in the original version and it sits so well in the mix...

From angelic pure through to filthy dirty....it's all there :tu:

One thing that concerns me though,is that the voltage selector on the rear panel is set to 115v...

Will I blow it up if I am plugged into a 230 or 240 volt supply ? :wink:
Sorry - I don't use auto-tune....
Dullee
KVRist

93 posts since 9 Mar, 2018

Postby Dullee; Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:09 am Re: Blue3- vintage tonewheel organ v2 is out !

For version 3, I hope that Ray will consider an emulation of the two-toggle start-up sequence of a vintage Hammond tonewheel organ:

First, you flip up the left hand toggle switch and hold it while the starting motor revs up with a slightly disconcerting rattle, bringing the tone generator assembly up to a speed that allows the main synchronous motor to take over.

After some 8 seconds, without letting go of the start-up toggle switch, you flip up the right hand switch for the main tone generator motor and wait a further 4 seconds.

Then, you release the spring loaded left hand switch and enjoy the slightly oscillating sound of the tone generator stabilising. Soon, as the tubes have warmed up, you can start playing.

You can start playing, but find out your band decided to start without you.
Spitfire31
KVRAF

2749 posts since 18 May, 2003, from Sweden

Postby Spitfire31; Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:30 am Re: Blue3- vintage tonewheel organ v2 is out !

Dullee wrote:
For version 3, I hope that Ray will consider an emulation of the two-toggle start-up sequence of a vintage Hammond tonewheel organ:

First, you flip up the left hand toggle switch and hold it while the starting motor revs up with a slightly disconcerting rattle, bringing the tone generator assembly up to a speed that allows the main synchronous motor to take over.

After some 8 seconds, without letting go of the start-up toggle switch, you flip up the right hand switch for the main tone generator motor and wait a further 4 seconds.

Then, you release the spring loaded left hand switch and enjoy the slightly oscillating sound of the tone generator stabilising. Soon, as the tubes have warmed up, you can start playing.

No prob. The guitarists are still trying to agree on the tuning and the drummer is busy with the groupies.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!
digitalboytn
KVRian

1154 posts since 7 Dec, 2008, from Global Cowboy

Postby digitalboytn; Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:26 am Re: Blue3- vintage tonewheel organ v2 is out !

Dullee wrote:

Playing behind the beat :wink:

Spitfire31 wrote: No prob. The guitarists are still trying to agree on the tuning and the drummer is busy with the groupies.

And the singer is still admiring themself in the mirror :love:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry - I don't use auto-tune....
Dullee
KVRist

93 posts since 9 Mar, 2018

Postby Dullee; Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:35 am Re: Blue3- vintage tonewheel organ v2 is out !

Musician cliches check. Nothing wrong here. Sounds like a good ol' rock 'n roll band to me.

And who ever said you gotta start playing at some point? Pfft. Not according to Axl Rose you don't.

Well, at some very uncertain point - yeah, maybe.
Previous

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments