The KVR Audio website is moving to a new server - please expect some disruption to services over the next 24-48 hours.

During the final stages of the transition several services will be disabled on the old server, such as new user registrations, KVR Marketplace transactions, developer admin features, forum search, posting in the forum, etc.

Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Spencer Maddox
KVRist

214 posts since 19 Oct, 2017

Postby Spencer Maddox; Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:02 pm Re: Recommend me a synth

Sylenth2
More Espresso Less Depresso
wagtunes
KVRAF

12941 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:52 pm Re: Recommend me a synth

sleepcircle wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Examigan wrote:I will make a list of every synth I own and let you pick one.

How dare you, we all know this is Wags' sole right.

One day hes going to learn to program one of them.

that seems unnecessarily mean-spirited. why bring up an old argument for no reason besides an insult that's not even relevant to the topic at hand?

You know, it is so liberating to be done caring about this crap anymore. But thanks for defending me. It's nice to know that not everybody around here hates me. lol

Mean-spirited. I like it. I think that's going to be my word for 2019. I might even do a preset for each one of my synths called "Mean Spirited" and make a whole pack based on that one patch with 150 different variations.

Now I just have to figure out what a "mean-spirited" patch sounds like. lol.

Yeah, so liberating.
tonedef71
KVRian

886 posts since 20 Sep, 2007, from USA

Postby tonedef71; Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:18 pm Re: Recommend me a synth

sleepcircle wrote:edit:
or Dmitry Sches's Thorn, alternatively.

+1
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Waveform 9; Studio One 4 Pro; FL Studio 20; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer; Pizzicato | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]
tonedef71
KVRian

886 posts since 20 Sep, 2007, from USA

Postby tonedef71; Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:19 pm Re: Recommend me a synth

Steve Bolivar wrote:Get...oh crap I can't remember it's name, I'm sure someone here knows it, it was gray I think with colored buttons and knobs or maybe the other way around. It's really awesome at making cool sounds but may not be available anymore. Hope this helps. Good luck.

:lol:
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Waveform 9; Studio One 4 Pro; FL Studio 20; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer; Pizzicato | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]
Tj Shredder
KVRian

1038 posts since 6 Jan, 2017, from Outer Space

Postby Tj Shredder; Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:55 pm Re: Recommend me a synth

The original Telharmonium, any thing else sucks.
AnX
KVRAF

2886 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:12 pm Re: Recommend me a synth

chk071 wrote:Can't be arsed to demo, or check out something new.

Can't be arsed to recommend anything :P
AnX
KVRAF

2886 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:12 pm Re: Recommend me a synth

dbl post
Last edited by AnX on Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
imrae
KVRist

364 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Postby imrae; Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:20 am Re: Recommend me a synth

sleepcircle wrote:you are not improving the quality of this thread.

Are we reading the same thread?
Zexila
KVRAF

3044 posts since 17 Mar, 2008

Postby Zexila; Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:05 am Re: Recommend me a synth

:lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG
Tj Shredder
KVRian

1038 posts since 6 Jan, 2017, from Outer Space

Postby Tj Shredder; Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:02 am Re: Recommend me a synth

A thread like that cannot be improved, you can only add to annoy everybody who is wasting their time... That is why the OP is not reading it...
This is especially true for this post... Some sort of self annoying statement...
chk071
KVRAF

16830 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:16 am Re: Recommend me a synth

Tj Shredder wrote:

A thread like that cannot be improved, you can only add to annoy everybody who is wasting their time... That is why the OP is not reading it...
This is especially true for this post... Some sort of self annoying statement...

If it hasn't come over, again: The threads wasn't at all meant to be serious. :) Rather satire on the plenty of threads asking for recommendations, when the OP isn't at all willing to invest time to make up his mind himself. I'd even say that it has been very counterproductive for me to ask for such advice. That doesn't mean that i don't appreciate suggestions, or think that "the others" have no idea. It's just that it's merely a matter of taste, and very subjective. Anything i bought, which was rather based on suggestions, has turned up to be not to my liking.

So, my suggestion to "newbies" would rather be, to fiddle with freeware for the time being, until they're able to make up their mind about what they want. And then demo some payware. That's much better than asking for synths which can "make that sound". Seriously, noone needs Omisphere for $500 to make a simple saw pluck. Even though i do believe that certain synths rather lend themselves to certain sounds in specific genres, i doubt that a rompler with a synth, which rather makes sense for a allround solution, which can act as a workhorse for certain music, is really necessary for such a tiny application, like a pluck sound.
Jafo
KVRAF

1818 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from The Benighted States of Trumpistan

Postby Jafo; Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:33 am Re: Recommend me a synth

Reaktor. Some assembly required.
Joy and kindness are acts of resistance -- fight the power!
Konduktor
KVRist

47 posts since 19 Nov, 2017

Postby Konduktor; Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:06 am Re: Recommend me a synth

Alchemy. :hihi:
[crickets chirping] ...Was it something I said?
samsam
KVRAF

1891 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Postby samsam; Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:10 pm Re: Recommend me a synth

Great suggestion!
ATS
KVRAF

5685 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

Postby ATS; Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:32 pm Re: Recommend me a synth

Konduktor wrote:Alchemy. :hihi:

I really hope that keeps working for me for a very long time, would hate to lose that synth. And I don't want to pay Apple's prices so I can run Logic.
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments